SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking to get my HK P7 refinished. Maybe hard chrome?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to get my HK P7 refinished. Maybe hard chrome? Login/Join 
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted
I'm looking for recommendations for a refinishing company who knows these pistols. Since they are complicated to disassemble I would like someone who has done these before with good results. I would like a chrome finish that is durable for EDC. Also, would like to try to send gun to a Florida re finisher so that shipping will be less expensive if possible. Post your pictures if you have them.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
CCR is one of our members, specializing in this kind of thing. Their work is top notch, http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Robar is another top notch company, https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/

Ford refinishing is out of FL, if you insist on a FL company, https://www.fordsguns.com/

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I believe Fords in Florida did the hard chrome on the last batch of police trades -P7's.
It's a nice finish for P7, wears well. Lot of carbon buildup with P7- not as easy to clean as Teflon Black T .

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Guy over at the HK forum just got one back from Fords, reblued and it looked great.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a friend do that to his P7M8 by Robar. It looked amazing.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Robar did an NP3 on my P7M8. Looks great and easier to clean.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Gray Guns did the HK P7 Perfection Action Package and they sent my gun to CCR to get the Superblack Finish (Salt Bath Nitride QPQ), the gun looks great and shoots even better.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2209 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
These guys are good, but they moved out of Florida to Alabama.
http://www.apwcogan.com/

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
terma-nator
May I asked why hard Chrome? Other plating such as our CPII (Nickel Boron Nitride and Robars NP3(Nickel Teflon) offer better lubrication

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a PSP refinished by CCR for the same reason as yours (to carry). Very happy with their work, easy to clean, never worried about my sweat causing harm, and I think the P7's look great in nickel! I would use them again.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of my P7s refinished in Birdsong Black-T several years ago and can confirm that it is fantastic.

I might try another finish on another gun, but for this one that is it.

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had a PSP that had been hard chromed by Tripp. It was a great, extremely durable finish. I shouldn't have sold it.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
terma-nator
May I asked why hard Chrome? Other plating such as our CPII (Nickel Boron Nitride and Robars NP3(Nickel Teflon) offer better lubrication

I just thought that's what it's called.
I want mine to look somewhat like one of these.
Haven't decided if I want polished or matt finish yet. I've always wanted something like what Hans Gruber had!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: terma-nator,

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me personally, that satin look is just beautiful.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen some work by CCR in this forum that look great. I've had a couple of my guns refinished by Robar that are great (I only used robar because it's a great local company here in Arizona)

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
CCR rocks, I have had numerous pistolas done!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Ford's is known for P7 work, while AP&G is a great choice for plating as well. That said, after having a Ford serviced hard chrome P7 and several CCR and Robar NP3 guns, CCR is the clear choice.

Here's my old P7

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
CCR rocks, I have had numerous pistolas done!!

I bought a pistol that CCR had done. I am impressed and will send them work of mine as necessasry.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ford's is known for P7 work, CCR is the clear choice.

If possible, I would love to see some pictures of P7's done from CCR and Ford

I would like to get this started, considering how long I will need to wait for it to return.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

posted Hide Post
The Satin Hard Chrome looks really nice on the P7, the shiny, not so much IMO.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post