Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P10C Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Picked one up this weekend. It's amazing. Crazy accurate, great trigger and reset, easy to track the sights on follow up...it's basically a better G19. I'll try to post a picture...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'm using IMGUR and it seems to work well for photo hosting.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the P10C - I've heard a ton of good things about it.

How'd the mag release feel? I've heard reports that it's the only real issue with the pistol.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New out of the box the mag release and the slide release on my two P10-c pistols were really stiff and hard to use. Once the mag springs took a set after leaving them fully loaded for a couple weeks, both became very easy to use. The triggers will also become even nicer with some use, any and all creep will disapear and the trigger break will also become a little lighter. That is just the way these pistols break in. The only thing I will be changing on mine at some point, are ditching the aluminum sights for some steel ones of my preference and also having the frame's beavertail area relieved *just a little bit* more for my thumb comfort. I have also *polished* the feed ramps on mine. I have heard CZ has already made some small tweeks to a few of its small parts and with their assembly processes on the pistol. The CZ P-10c appears to be overbuilt in a lot of areas, so its durability should be fine for the long haul.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I've got tow, though the one with the tungsten grey is back in the shop due to the slide lock wire sticking out. It didn't cause a malfunction, it just wouldn't allow the slide to come apart without using a tool to hold the wire down. Otherwise, fantastic shooters!

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, CZ has modified the pocket on the ambi slide release where the slide release spring is installed so it will not come out by accident anymore. It was not a real common problem but can and does happen on some pistols. I heard if you call CZ they will install the modified part if requested, but I don't know if you can just order the part yourself.I like the takedown levers size and placement and the forward cocking serrations beter on the CZ than on my M&P. I believe CZ will be introducing the CZ P-10 Sub-compact at SHOT this year. Just like the P-10c is just a little larger than the G19 and the new M&P compact, the sub-compact will be just a little larger than the G26 and the S&W Sub-compact pistols, making it an ideal double stack carry pistol.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
...it's basically a better G19...

That's how I felt about the CZ after the first time I shot it. It has the refinement that Glock so far refuses to do to their guns. The CZ's grip angle is entirely wrong for me, but other than that it's a excellent G19 clone.

quote:
Just like the P-10c is just a little larger than the G19 and the new M&P compact, the sub-compact will be just a little larger than the G26 and the S&W Sub-compact pistols, making it an ideal double stack carry pistol.

I dunno...I already think the compact Glock is the ideal sized DS pistol for CC. Going smaller seems rather counterproductive. Wink

As much as I like shooting the P-10C, to me its frame texture is too over-the-top for conceal carry. If the sub continues use of the same texture I'd be investing in some grip tape or a sleeve before I'd want to wear that one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
...it's basically a better G19...

That's how I felt about the CZ after the first time I shot it. It has the refinement that Glock so far refuses to do to their guns. The CZ's grip angle is entirely wrong for me, but other than that it's a excellent G19 clone.

quote:
Just like the P-10c is just a little larger than the G19 and the new M&P compact, the sub-compact will be just a little larger than the G26 and the S&W Sub-compact pistols, making it an ideal double stack carry pistol.

I dunno...I already think the compact Glock is the ideal sized DS pistol for CC. Going smaller seems rather counterproductive. Wink

As much as I like shooting the P-10C, to me its frame texture is too over-the-top for conceal carry. If the sub continues use of the same texture I'd be investing in some grip tape or a sleeve before I'd want to wear that one.

Reducing the amount of bite on the texturing for your preferance is super easy to do on the P10c with some fine sand paper or buff pad. You can get it exactly how you like it, and looking at it you can never tell its been done. For *me* the grip angle is perfect just like on the VP9 and M&P, when I bring them up the sights are right on target. Glocks always point a little high for me and my Sigs always pointed a little low for me.

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
The CZ's grip angle is entirely wrong for me, but other than that it's a excellent G19 clone.

Owning both a Gen-2 G-19 and a P-10C and having measured the grip angles of both, there is only about 2 degrees difference in grip angle.
Having thin, medium sized hands with slightly longer than average fingers, the hump that Glock insists on putting on the base of their grips is what causes the greatest difference IMO.
It is why a G-17 does not fit me well, a G-19 is tolerable and a G-26 fits my hand perfectly (other than the rear of the trigger guard).
Glock kept the grip angle but moved the hump upwards on the smaller versions.

The CZ's interchangeable back straps should help to minimize the difference.

The CZ is not without issue for my hands however, as the reach to the trigger is WAY to short, again IMO.
Since I do not carry either the P-10C or G-19 things like the grip texture (CZ too rough, Glock too smooth) are minor issues.
Both are quite accurate but I can follow up shots much quicker with the P-10C than the G-19 as I do not have to consciously aim the pistol a bit lower between shots.

As far as similarities between the two, although the P-10C does share a similar size and several features (i.e. trigger tab and take down) to the Glock there are plenty of other differences, primarily internal, that preclude it from accurately being called a "clone".

If a subcompact P-10 were offered I would give it serious consideration but it would also have to be significantly better than my Gen-3 G-26 (which I carry) in order to get me to buy one.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Picked one up this weekend. It's amazing. Crazy accurate, great trigger and reset, easy to track the sights on follow up...it's basically a better G19.

A better G19? It is bigger and heavier that the G19 and for me the grip does not fit me as well as the G19 with the reach to trigger being too short and the trigger breaking way far back.

Glad you like it though!

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Picked one up this weekend. It's amazing. Crazy accurate, great trigger and reset, easy to track the sights on follow up...it's basically a better G19.

A better G19? It is bigger and heavier that the G19 and for me the grip does not fit me as well as the G19 with the reach to trigger being too short and the trigger breaking way far back.

Glad you like it though!

I'm a GLOCK guy. I have 59 at last count. The CZ does a lot of things that people want GLOCK to do. It's more accurate, better trigger and reset, no finger grips and better grip angle, forward cocking serrations, easier follow up shots, more aggressive grip...

It is slightly larger and slightly heavier but it is also beefier in terms of durability. And I agree on the mag and slide stiffness. It is stiff but getting better. I don't think it will be an issue.

Is it me or is the pic I posted in the OP HUUUGE? Any help would be appreciated.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Owning both a Gen-2 G-19 and a P-10C and having measured the grip angles of both, there is only about 2 degrees difference in grip angle.

Two degrees of difference in the shooting world is huge even for handguns. Add in 27 years of shooting Glocks with nearly the first 2/3rds of that time almost exclusively the G19...it's certainly a big deal for me. Easily it keeps me from seeing the front sight of the CZ with my ingrained draw and now 'natural' sighting and muscle memory. With the CZ (as it is with a host of non-Glock pistols) I have to consciously and deliberately adjust my wrist angle for the difference. So yes, the P-10C with its factory installed backstrap is all wrong for me. Since I don't own one I've not tried shooting the gun with the large backstrap; the one or two pics that I've seen of gun with the large strap in place it makes the grip look massive. Would be interesting to see what does for length of pull given my short fingers.

As for the clone comment: differences aside, the P-10C obviously to me was designed to operate similarly for the shooter to a Glock. I admit exact duplicate it's not but its functionality apart from the grip angle is unerringly close to that of the Glock compact. Maybe using 'clone' isn't as accurate as the word implies, so how about 'operational doppelganger'? Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it me or is the pic I posted in the OP HUUUGE?

It's big. Imgur has a resizing routine available within your account in the editing commands. I haven't used it much since I do all edits before I upload, but from what I remember it works pretty well.

Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
My CZ P10 has been great and even better with a few mods. I use the medium grip and compared to my G19, it's definitely a different feel. The slide profile is definitely a tad longer than my G19. Love the way it shoots and feels in my hands. Definitely in my carry cycle.

* polish internals
* CZ Customs fiber optic front sight green ( 5.5mm )
* Blacked out factory rear sight
* HB Industries Theta Trigger kit
* Stainless steel guide rod

The factory trigger will be digging in to your trigger finger in long range sessions. I've been in a couple of classes and it's very noticeable an irritating. The Theta trigger is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Ruger357: I re-sized your photo. Hope you don't mind. CZP10c by Bernie Jensen, on Flickr

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sweet Jeebus what a picture.

I learned something yesterday with regard to photo hosting. Scott Springer sent me a photo in text. I emailed it to my laptop. It did not ask what size photo I wanted to send, like it does with photos that I take on my phone. I uploaded it to Imgur and it was as big as yours. I opened the photo on my phone and took a screen shot of it. When I went to email it, it asked what size I wanted, and I chose medium. When I posted it, it was a manageable size.

In case that helps.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
To edit photo size in Igmur.

Logon to account and go to your images.

Go to picture you want edit so it is highlighted with a green line around the photo.

Notice the edit icon which looks like a pencil and click it. A pop up appears at the top of the photo list, select edit.

Go to crop/resize tab. On the far right you see the current resolution, For posting on a forum or such click the largest number and change it to say 800 assuming number is larger. Click the other box number until a green line is around it and it will change automatically to keep proportion. Picture should now change in size.

Go to the apply box and then the save box.

That should do it. You may need to edit forum post to remove existing Igmur link and copy BBCode for a new link. There is also the option to edit the photo when you go to copy the link at the lower right bottom corner of the photo if you have mouse pointer over picture.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two degrees of difference in the shooting world is huge even for handguns. Add in 27 years of shooting Glocks with nearly the first 2/3rds of that time almost exclusively the G19...it's certainly a big deal for me. Easily it keeps me from seeing the front sight of the CZ with my ingrained draw and now 'natural' sighting and muscle memory. With the CZ (as it is with a host of non-Glock pistols) I have to consciously and deliberately adjust my wrist angle for the difference. So yes, the P-10C with its factory installed backstrap is all wrong for me. Since I don't own one I've not tried shooting the gun with the large backstrap; the one or two pics that I've seen of gun with the large strap in place it makes the grip look massive. Would be interesting to see what does for length of pull given my short fingers.

Took some measurements:
It is a bit like comparing apples to oranges since the largest portion (front to rear) of the Glock hump is about 3/4" lower than the largest portion of the CZ when using the large grip insert.
The CZ large insert is approx. 0.020" larger that the Gen-2, G-19 comparing the widest (F to R) point of each.

I suspect the large grip insert would not work for you due to the position of the hump.
For example: With eyes closed I can push out two handed with the CZ using any of the grip inserts and be within a hair off of having the sights aligned (pretty much spot on with the Med insert).
With the G-19 when performing the same test, I find the slide is at about a 10~15 degree upward angle.
It is the hump not sitting in the correct spot of my hand that causes this aggravated tilt, not the grip angle.
It is also why I can do the same test with my Gen-3 G-26 and have the sights aligned near perfectly, since the hump sits in the palm of my hand and is not pushing against a lower bone (skinny hands).

NOT stating one is better than the other, just my own observations based upon testing and measuring within the last hour.
Since you have far more time invested in the G-19 it makes sense to stick with it.

As far as reach to the trigger, when using a high thumbs grip, I find zero difference between the smallest grip insert and the largest.
Which kind of sucks because as previously mentioned the reach is too short for me and is the one thing I have to workaround with the P-10C.

quote:
As for the clone comment: differences aside, the P-10C obviously to me was designed to operate similarly for the shooter to a Glock. I admit exact duplicate it's not but its functionality apart from the grip angle is unerringly close to that of the Glock compact. Maybe using 'clone' isn't as accurate as the word implies, so how about 'operational doppelganger'? Wink

Agree that it was designed to operate similar to the Glock, CZ even touted that it would fit Glock holsters.
"Operational doppleganger" seems to be a fitting term. Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 yards from a rest with my P-10C.

https://youtu.be/c9BicnD-YA0

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. Imgur bombs out every time I try to open it on my ipad.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer