SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone put a gen 3/4 slide lock in their gen 5 Glock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone put a gen 3/4 slide lock in their gen 5 Glock? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I have read that this will work. I was just wondering if anyone here has tried this and if it does, in fact, work.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Why bother?Confused

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Tagged just because.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Hickok45 has a gen5 video out.
https://youtu.be/BUgN60kyv8s?t=24m58s

he mentiones the differences when swapping slides at around the 25 minute mark.

Seems like gen 5 slide wont go on gen 4, but gen 4 slide will go on a gen 5 but will have the slide lock issue.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will never understand the fascination people have with this stuff.

To answer the question, or talk about it anyway, becomes an issue of whether the new safety plunger required a different design to the trigger bar. From the pics I've seen, I don't see why they wouldn't work.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
A coworker is supposed to get his gen5 17 from the local le dealer this weekend. I'll try our gen3 and gen4 31 slides on it

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I researched this awhile back and the answer I got was no. I wanted to put an mos slide on a G5 frame. Of course my research did not actually include trying it as I don't yet have the G5.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10994 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Why bother?Confused

The ambidextrous slide stop interferes with some of my holsters.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the slide lock, or the slide stop (AKA side release) lever?

I'm guessing the latter...

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
May have fewer problems by using a Dremel to remove the tab from the offending piece?

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Why bother?Confused

The ambidextrous slide stop interferes with some of my holsters.

Take it out and squeeze the levers in a hair or two . A guy on another forum had pics after he did this and it worked fine according to him .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
Are we talking about the slide lock, or the slide stop (AKA side release) lever?

I'm guessing the latter...

I'm with this guy. Are you wanting to install an extended slide lock (the takedown lever...or whatever it's called) or the slide stop (slide release)?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I read wrong. Why not try filing down the right slide lever to fit or cut the kydex a little.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post