SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Striker Drag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Striker Drag Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Here’s a shot of a mixture of SIG 115, Fiocchi 124 and Remington 115. Striker drag appears to be unchanged since I got it in July.

Interesting that the Fiocci primers seem to show the most drag. Maybe the degree of drag is dependent on the primer or primer seating?

That was my thought early on with 'hard primers' and 'soft primers' of various range ammo. Has anyone seen it occur on the SIG proprietary P365 jhp and fmj?

FWIW, I use mostly FIOCCHI in my pistol because it's always been reliable loading.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365, like most modern semi-auto pistols, is a Browning-design, delayed-blowback action. The delay is controlled mostly by the recoiling mass (slide and barrel at first, and then just the slide, after the barrel tilts and stops moving) and (very) secondarily by the recoil spring. The only way to get rid of the primer drag is to add weight ro the recoiling mass (mostly the slide). Reshaping the firing pin and using a stronger pin will reduce the mark and likelihood of breakage, but it doesn't change the problem. Machining the slide so it is heavier would help some. Using lighter- or slower-recoiling ammo, like 147 (non +P) would help.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my new 365, born on Oct 22nd, to the range Saturday. 240 rounds of mixed ammo and my casings look exactly like those in picture. Some have striker marks that go all the way to the edge of the primer, some hardly show any at all - but all had some drag. My G43 has some striker drag as well, but not nearly as much. I don't like it, but I do like the 365 enough to keep testing it and hopefully will make it my CCW soon. Very surprised at the moderate recoil and great accuracy from such a small gun.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pick:
Very surprised at the moderate recoil and great accuracy from such a small gun.

Congrats on the 365, and welcome to the forum

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I bought a 365 a couple weeks ago, Borne 01OCT18 I have about 120 rounds through it. Today I shot 50 rounds of Ficochi 115 gr FMJ. Most rounds had striker drag as they have since I got the thing. What disturbed me was out of the 50, I had 3 FTF with light primer strikes.

here is one of the FTF rounds

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's not good, Keep us posted if you have anymore light strikes. Mine tore threw the primer on my blazer brass and sig p365 hp's.

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Today I shot 50 rounds of Ficochi 115 gr FMJ. Most rounds had striker drag as they have since I got the thing. What disturbed me was out of the 50, I had 3 FTF with light primer strikes.

In addition to further testing with your 365, I'd also recommend testing the ammo in another gun. I once had a case of Fiocchi 165gr .40 that gave me multiple light strikes in every box with a gun that ran great with any other ammo.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a June-2018 production date P365 (from the initial brownells pre-order). Gun was never cleaned or lubed upon arrival as it looks fairly wet already and has still not been cleaned or lubed.

Have approximately 300 rounds of factory new american eagle 115gr, 150 rounds of Freedom-munitions 124gr, and around 70 rounds of 124gr Federal HST through it with zero malfunctions.

All rounds exhibited striker drag similar to the photos already posted in the thread.

Posts: 37 | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My only other striker 9 is a VP 9. I guess I could get some Fiocchi from the range where I bought the last box and run that through the VP9 then run a box of Federal through the P365.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chronographed 10 each of Winchester White Box 115 grain, Speer standard pressure 124 grain Gold Dots, and Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P hard cast flat point Outdoorsman out of my P365 with an October 19 birth date. The cases had pretty crazy swipe marks across all three types. The Buffalo Bore may have been the most consistently pronounced, but all types tested went to the primer edges (and beyond) at times. Also, the breech face shined most of the brass cases (WWB and BB). I took pictures, but it does not appear that you can attach them to a post on this site. I am going to shoot the gun a bunch and see what happens. It may turn out to be normal for this gun with no long term negative consequences.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post