SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone have a good recipe for crow? G48 related
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have a good recipe for crow? G48 related Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I have not got my 48 out yet. It's cleaned, oiled and ready to go but something always gets in the way when I want to shoot.
When I do get a chance, it's going head to head with my Kahr K9.

Interested to hear the outcome of this face off.
Still no G48's for Maryland yet.

I'm hoping this weekend to get out in the backyard range.
The Kahr is gonna be hard to beat and I can say that honestly. Trigger pull is longer but it's butter smooth.
Problem is, magazine capacity in the Kahr. That's why I bought the 48. The 48 holds more rounds and is a little bigger but it's not like the 19X dimensions. That and I like Glocks.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally made it stateside, and had to see what the hubub was about with the 43X/48, so stopped to fondle, maybe shoot next week. The internet impression didn't match the actual pistol; a lot thinner and smaller than I'd imagined.

I realize it's a different pistol, but I've been very happy with my G43. I don't forsee buying the 43X in the near future, but the G48 interested me.

That serrated trigger's gotta go, though.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at the 48 as a fantastic choice for my wife. I had a 43 and just didn’t carry it. I preferred using my 19 for EDC and that still may be the case. However I did check a 48 out at my LGS this week and was highly impressed and felt great in hand.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you that have the 43x/48: Any problems with retention of the top round in the single stack mags?

My chief complaint with Kahr is, I find loose rounds in my pocket mag holder at the end of the day. Some 9mm 1911 mags are bad about this as well.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Ordering a 48 this week. I was initially not that interested, but I have become intrigued.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
For those of you that have the 43x/48: Any problems with retention of the top round in the single stack mags?

My chief complaint with Kahr is, I find loose rounds in my pocket mag holder at the end of the day. Some 9mm 1911 mags are bad about this as well.

I never had that happen with a Kahr, and would have immediately stopped using that mag until the springs were replaced.

I've never had that happen with a Glock.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:

Roll Eyes

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
So, I guess I'm going to need that recipe for crow too. I've been saying for years that I would never own a polymer framed pistol and that striker fired pistols just didn't interest me. I now have two, though they are both Sigs, a P365 and most recently a P320 X Pro. I'm impressed with both of them.

I still don't think I can bring myself to buy a Glock, but I don't think I'll say never again.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that the 43X and 48 are a surprise. Kinda like the 19X and 45.

It's almost like Glock knows what they're doing.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I checked out a 48 yesterday. Very nice! I prefer the grip texture of the other gen 5 models, (a little more aggressive), but overall great feeling gun in the hand. If Glock doesn’t come out with a black slide model in six months, I’ll get this gun-with the metal Glock night sites Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Finally got out to shoot the G48 I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I put 300 rounds of various 115 gr practice ammo through it along with 10 rounds of HST 124 gr +p and 10 rounds of standard pressure 124 gr HST. All fed, ejected and shot perfectly with solid lock back after last shot.

The +P ammo was a little difficult for me to control in this lighter gun so if and when I carry or use this pistol for SD, it will be with standard pressure ammo. Like the G43, recoil even with standard pressure ammo is a lot more "snappy" than say a G19, but it is manageable if you can get a solid grip on it. Although accuracy with the standard Glock white U sights was excellent, I'll be getting new sights as those are not my favorites.

I also mounted my G43 slide on it making it a faux G43x and put a couple of mags through it. It shot great and this could be an option for carry if I can get my OCD head around the SN mismatch slide to frame.

No need to post a picture, you all know what it looks like.

Pretty good little Glock. I like it but wish it had a black slide.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
The range that I am a member at, Keystone Shooting Center; put a Glock 48 on the rental wall and I went up to shoot it last Friday night. Liked the gun - but don't know if I liked it enough to make the switch from my 19.

Plan to go up later this week with a friend to shoot it again. I want to run some different drills with it. Did notice that the grip is definitely slicker than my 19's (Gen 4 Front Serrations Model).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Is this an Austrian made gun or a Georgia gun?
If European, the serrated trigger is to gain "import points" to get into the country.

If a Colonial procuct, I dunno why.
Sandpaper?

Austrian, though Glock did standardize around serrated triggers after the GCA import points required it for the then-new Glock 26. I guess gen5 is smooth only because they are based on the 17M and 19M, and the FBI solicitation required smooth faced triggers.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got a G48 today and its everything I hoped for in size, weight and thickness. I am not a Glock guy, even though I own a G19 and a G20. That said, if it shoots as well as it first impression, it will be my EDC.
Minor whine: the serrated trigger.
And.... Hey Glock! Churn out some extra magazines already!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I love my 43x. Got a 48 but haven't shot it. Looking to get a 43 next.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Is this an Austrian made gun or a Georgia gun?
If European, the serrated trigger is to gain "import points" to get into the country.

If a Colonial procuct, I dunno why.
Sandpaper?

Austrian, though Glock did standardize around serrated triggers after the GCA import points required it for the then-new Glock 26. I guess gen5 is smooth only because they are based on the 17M and 19M, and the FBI solicitation required smooth faced triggers.

I believe the full size and larger guns always had smooth trigger faces. My Gen 5 G26 was US made and doesn't have serrations. Not sure if they are all like that or not, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the full-size Austrian guns I have bought came with smooth triggers back to gen 3. The other attributes of those guns prevent them from requiring the serrated trigger.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Quick question regarding ordering sights for the G48- Are they the exact same size as the standard 43?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enquired about Trijicon HD sights for the G48 and G43X, and was told to use the same sights as the G43.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So a few quick numbers from this morning. All the ranges have been flooded for weeks now and today was the first day I could access any.

From 10 yards my average draw time from a rain coat was about 1.20 from a ill fitting OWB holster.

I had a few that were in the 1.05 range. Average splits on multiple shots at that distance was a .23 to .25 to which is actually pretty surprising.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post