SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New guy, new gun:p228
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy, new gun:p228 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I gave $750 for it. Maybe a little high, but I liked it and it is in great condition.

I'm tickled plumb to pieces with it! Big Grin

High? A little high? You're happy, aren't you? That's all that matters. Then, it's not high. Congratulations.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Welcome from New Mexico.

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome. That is a great way to make an entrance. Congrats on the pistol. I don't that is too bad for a pistol in that condition. I love the 228 and want to get another one to replace the one I had to sell years ago.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats, welcome, and enjoy your new P228. Smile

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Welcome home. You need not go anywhere else on the intarweb. This is the best the 'net has to offer. O' may you bask in the warmth that is SIGforum.

And the P228. Nicely done. I wish I had your sense years ago. It is worth everything you paid for it.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That’s an awesome score right there. A LNIB W. German 228 like that online usually goes way north of $750 from what I’ve seen the last couple years. I really like the gray boxes from the mid 90’s as they were the nicest in my opinion (if anyone cares about boxes that is).

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a question, not a snarky comment. How is this West German when it was made in 94 and the reunification happened in 1990?

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Beats me? All I know is what it says on the slide.
"Made in W. Germany."

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! The P228 is an amazing pistol and one of my all time favorites!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brandonflood:
Just a question, not a snarky comment. How is this West German when it was made in 94 and the reunification happened in 1990?

SIG made "W. Germany" marked pistols until some time in 1995. There are several theories as to why but the consensus story is the reunified German government allowed former West German companies to continue to mark their products "Made in W. Germany", if they desired, so that they could continue to benefit from the reputation for quality of West German products, especially compared to East German manufacturing.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post