SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New guy, new gun:p228
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy, new gun:p228 Login/Join 
Picture of Grayfox54
posted
I just joined this forum and thought I'd show you why. Today I picked up my 4th Sig Sauer pistol. a LNIB 1994 West German P228. The gun came with the box, manual and test target. Its easily 99% and only shows a few very minor handling marks. I don't think its been fired much if any at all.
I'm tickled plumb to pieces with it! Big Grin

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the best forum on the internet! Beautiful P228, too!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
You have good taste...

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? Beautiful piece!

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome.
Looks a bit like the 1991 I bought my daughter to give her on her wedding day.
Whenever that is... Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome -& congratulations on a great find!

I love it when a score like that appears. Thanks for sharing your good fortune!

-Bill

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome & Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Welcome and congratulations on a beautiful gun.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Welcome and congratulations on your new P228.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sweet Sig perfection! Welcome.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome to the forum.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

This being number four, seems like you are off to a good start. Wink

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks extremely clean. Nice score!

The P228 is revered here.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Really nice find! The German P228 is a great handgun!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! That's a great looking P228. Member 12131 is our resident expert on the P228. Check for some of his posts to learn everything you would want to know about you new addition.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warm welcome.

quote:
Amurr asked:

I gave $750 for it. Maybe a little high, but I liked it and it is in great condition. My sons can worry about price when I'm gone. Wink

Well, what do ya know? The sky is clearing, the sun is coming out and the world is drying up for the first time in days. This afternoon I think I'm gonna take this puppy to the range and try it out. Big Grin

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get much better than that! Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. There are more than a few people here on SF that feel the 228 is the best of the Sig pistols. Yours is a great example of why they feel that way.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayfox54:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

quote:
Amurr asked:

I gave $750 for it. Maybe a little high, but I liked it and it is in great condition. My sons can worry about price when I'm gone. Wink

Well, what do ya know? The sky is clearing, the sun is coming out and the world is drying up for the first time in days. This afternoon I think I'm gonna take this puppy to the range and try it out. Big Grin

Your price is fine, I paid more than that for mine 4 years ago.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post