SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I think I did good! Sig Sauer P229 Combat 9mm (pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I did good! Sig Sauer P229 Combat 9mm (pics) Login/Join 
posted
My gun shop always seems to have nice used DA/SA Sigs, but finding this P229 Combat 9mm was a shock. It's just pristine. The cost was even better. $600 out the door. I didn't really know what I had because I'd never paid attention to this model, but the MSRP is $1,100.00.

It's in fantastic shape! It couldn't have had more than 100 rounds fired through it before the owner sold it. After I got it home, I put Super Lube grease on it and fired 100 rounds of Federal 115-gr. FMJ. Zero malfuctions. Light recoil. Just a superb handgun. A blast to shoot.

My only minor complaint is that the DA trigger is about 50 pounds and stacks like bricks. It also has no SRT, which surprised me, but those are not major things. The phosphate coated internals, M1913 rail, Siglite night sights, and short reach trigger make it one user-friendly handgun. Heck, I even like the bronze color and tan grips. The P229 Combat 9mm holster search now begins because I'm going to carry this bad boy every opportunity I have!

This joins my German KK P228 and W. German P220 that I bought over Christmas. Oh, and there's an FDE M11-A1 in the same used case at my gun shop, too. It's as nice as this P229. He wants $650.00. It has my name on it, too! I may need an intervention!

The magazines barely have any wear at all!

The P229 Combat joins my other recent purchase, a W. German P220 from 1995. Life is good!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your P229 Combat. You scored a great deal.

That 1995 P-220 is as good as it gets in the P-220 world.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You need to get rid of that nasty short trigger.
Oh, yeah, and get that M11-A1 home, too. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Well done, sir! Enjoy!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Add some black grips and it would look a little prettier, maybe some black g10s.

Otherwise, awesome find!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20818 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
Nice find. That P229 Combat looks new.
Congrats

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

But I've got short fingers, Q! You know, like circus folks. Hands wreak of cabbage.

I thought you were gonna get me on the long extractor but you got me on the short trigger! I didn't see that one coming! Cool

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Congratulations on your P229 Combat. You scored a great deal.

That 1995 P-220 is as good as it gets in the P-220 world.

Thanks! This P220 has a SUPERB DA/SA trigger. Smooth as glass. I'm a blessed man.

posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol. I really like those grips. I wish they would make them in black as well for other models. The Combat grips I had on a P220 made all of the difference with the grip.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:

But I've got short fingers, Q! You know, like circus folks. Hands wreak of cabbage.

I switched my short triggers with the Gray Guns intermediate trigger. Will never go back. And I have short fingers like you do. It works so much better!

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:

I switched my short triggers with the Gray Guns intermediate trigger. Will never go back. And I have short fingers like you do. It works so much better!

Thanks! I'll check out the GG trigger!

posted Hide Post
I recommend a Short Reset Kit.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I am jealous as it has been on my list for a long time, love the looks.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A GGI trigger, SRT kit and 19# mainspring will sort that trigger out.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post