SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    10mm Glock barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm Glock barrel Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Interested in shooting full power ammo, like Underwood, in my Glock 29. Any opinion on whether I should get something better than a stock Glock barrel?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Why?

Glock 29 barrels are built to take full power loads.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Are you looking to shoot hard cast? In any event, I have been pleased with Lone Wolf. Excellent CS.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot 10mm Underwood in my standard Glock. No problem.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Underwood used in my G20 without a problem.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Are you looking to shoot hard cast? In any event, I have been pleased with Lone Wolf. Excellent CS.

The above is correct. The only reason to change the barrel is if you want to shoot lead bullets, or if you want it extended for velocity, or threaded for attaching accessories.
And I have several Lone Wolf barrels that I am pleased with as well.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Bar-Sto's in my 2 Glock 20's. After selling the factory barrel at auction, I have about $50 more into the pistol. I've been real happy with their performance.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stock barrels typically offer less support than the aftermarket barrels. The aftermarket barrels are popular with handloaders that choose to push the ten to max or beyond.

Another argument is that the aftermarket barrels tend to give the brass a longer case life for reloading.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Unless you are shooting cast bullets, I wouldnt worry about it.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newer Glock 10mm barrels work fine with Underwood and similar loads. Firing Underwood out of the Gen 2 G20 that I had, however, wasn't going to happen. That thing got a KKM barrel.

Posts: 904 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: June 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post