New
Find
Notify
Tools

Null Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
And as someone else mentioned not a lot of shooters get to 1500 rounds, especially within 6 months or so.

You pegged that right. Most of our customers rarely go to the range more than once a month, and feel lucky if they can even go that often. Far too often I hear a customer say something like "I've run a couple of magazines through the gun. It's good to go, right?"

I suspect most of those 85K P365s are used in the same way, just like most of the 1M or so G43s are used in the same way. Or for that matter, the kajillion or so G19s. Not everyone who buys a gun actually loves guns. And those that do usually have lots of 'mouths' (barrels) to feed.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, that's the same concept that many keltec apologists use for their junk firearms; the most oft phrase I hear is "carried a lot, shot a little." The inference is that it's okay, it won't be used much anyway. (Keltec puts an estimation of a 6,000 round life on their P3AT). The other excuse most often heard for Keltec is "Waddaya want for such a low price?"

The sig, on the other hand, isn't cheap, and isn't low in price, either. I have a little patch sitting here on my desk that says "Bring more. Every day. P365."

The problem with the notion that the majority of shooters won't fire their pistols much is that given an ever-expanding round count range of failure, now about 1-1,500 rounds, it would put the majority of the holders within that failure range, meaning every shot is an experiment.

Seems a strange place to carry a weapon upon which one depends; an experiment. An experiment, by nature is risk, guesswork, estimation, trial and error, testing for failure. To carry for defense, to bet one's life on the outcome of a risky experiment with a weapon known to be within an expanding failure envelope, seems an odd choice.

I didn't trust the G43 until I'd put some ammunition through it, either. After several thousand rounds, and ample testing after each change or addition (trigger, glock gadget, sights, magazine release, slide stop release), I felt more comfortable. The G43 didn't have a reputation for failure. The P365 has gained one, and it isn't necessarily occurring right out of the box. Given that it fails at 1000 rounds, 1,500 rounds, and possibly higher, I'd be loathe to depend upon it until well proven and given ample opportunity to break under non-threatening conditions.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Wow I’m very disappointed to read this. My 365 has a born on date of Jan. It went through the initial upgrades. I do have deep primer swipes as well as scratches on the back of all my mags.

I put 1450 rounds through it with no issues and finally convinced myself that it was good to go for EDC and now my faith is shaken again

Looks like I’m going back to my PM9. I just never warmed up to the G43 much

Very disappointing

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Bought one today, build date 7/14. Shot it and now I understand what the hype is about. I hate to admit I actually like the 365.... now let me figure out how to get a RDS in it...

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you handle it, you've got to shoot it, and once you shoot it, it's hard not to like it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Yup. I was ringing plates with ease... I have other slim/subcompacts but they are usually pretty stout, this 365 is easy.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is the dead trigger happening? Right after a mag change when the mag pushes the spring out of place or just randomly during a sequence of rounds?

Is the hole that retains the spring getting distorted/enlarged as round count climbs?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tim's pistol, in his MAC review of the P365, had its trigger go dead mid-magazine as well, I believe after 7 or 8 rounds were successfully fired.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best way I can describe myself these days is that I’m a big sig P-series fan. Not a sig rifle or striker fired fan. Not that there is anything wrong with the rifles, sig just doesn’t support them for long and I won’t be suckered by sig again

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I flipped mine and still roll my G19.4 or my G19k when I need something smaller. Wanted to like the 365 but I don't trust it to run when I absolutely need it to.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Yeah I flipped mine and still roll my G19.4 or my G19k when I need something smaller. Wanted to like the 365 but I don't trust it to run when I absolutely need it to.

G19K?

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

G19K?

A Glock 19 Kurz? Razz

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G19K -> G19 with the grip cut to G26 size. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

The G19K is what you "roll" when you need it to "run".

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I must say that I appreciate your willingness to be the beta tester. But THREE cases worth of ammo to test a gun that--even if it survives without further heartache--after it's all said and done will still carry an uncertainty factor because SIG chose not to replace your striker. You're braver and bolder than me; I would cry 'UNCLE' and move on. Once out at the retail level, no gun should require 3000 rounds to justify itself. And definitely no commercial gun should have 3000 rounds through it and still have lingering doubts hanging over its head.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Owners that do the typical 200 + 50 are unlikely to have any issues and will happily carry their P365.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I must say that I appreciate your willingness to be the beta tester. But THREE cases worth of ammo to test a gun that--even if it survives without further heartache--after it's all said and done will still carry an uncertainty factor because SIG chose not to replace your striker. You're braver and bolder than me; I would cry 'UNCLE' and move on. Once out at the retail level, no gun should require 3000 rounds to justify itself. And definitely no commercial gun should have 3000 rounds through it and still have lingering doubts hanging over its head.

Well, the reason why is because I LOVE the P365 as a carry gun. I have never found another carry gun that has worked for me as this one does. I have tried everything else on the menu, including the PPS M2, P938, LC9s PRO, commander sized 1911s, P320sc, P30sk, P2000, and many more. All of them have given me a problem ergonomically or functionally. By "functionally" I don't mean reliability, I mean things like manual safeties (P938, other 1911's), paddle mag releases (the HK's), too thick (P320sc), or controls too difficult to operate (LC9s PRO). The PPS M2 was as close as I could find to what I wanted. It was thin, felt good in hand, functioned well, had decent capacity with an 8 round backup mag...but every time I would grip it from the holster, I accidently released the magazine. I tried to train around it, but I couldn't make it work. Then came the P365, and it fits me perfectly. I can nail 8" steel at 20 yards, it feels good, its thin, its controls are familiar and usable, and its capacity and weight FOR its capacity cannot be beat. It is my ideal carry gun, it suits me perfectly. So I don't mind beta testing this one.

I love mine too nothing comes close. I'm trying to find a second one. I rarely have duplicates but this is making me want more.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post