New
Find
Notify
Tools

Null Login/Join 
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I've got a 365 on backorder at Brownells. Taking forever, ordered in April.
With all the apparent trouble, I'm not in any rush. I'm even thinking of cancelling, which would be a first on any gun-related anything. Maybe hold off 365 for the 365, see what happens.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
It's a POS. That is all.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
He's been here a couple of times to say that there are no known issues with the pistol, and to deny the reports.

quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
Think what you want, bash all you want, but don't assume all of the the 85,000 P365 owners are as unhappy as the few who posted to this thread.

I am not an apologist for Sig. Do I own one? No, I own two[...]

This reads like you watched the man kick your puppy or something.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Did anyone read the build date ? April 22 this was before sig made changes in June.

Maybe I'm on an island but the later builds like mine run fine, I put another 300 rounds thru mine this evening for a total of 1200 rounds of reloads no less and it runs great.

I'm not saying sig shouldn't have tested them longer and worked these things out. I just hate to see all this bashing.

My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on. But, how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest? It ain't bashing, when the concerns are valid. Heck, even you admitted that SIG should have tested the gun longer and worked things out. But, no, true to SIG's M.O., they beta tested it on their customers. Roll Eyes

You Said "

how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest?"

then you said : " My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on"

I guess respect is a one way street? O'K Roll Eyes

It sure is.
I don't take issue with your enthusiastic endorsement of the gun. Like I said, great for you.
But, you sure seem to have issue with folks who still have reservations about this still new and unproven gun that is supposed to be built for self defense.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not an apologist for Sig. Do I own one? No, I own two and I trust the lives of my family to that gun as much as I do with any of my other guns. I bought the first one because of it's size, capacity, and great sights. After shooting it for five months and having such great success, I decided to do something I have never done in my 50 years of shooting, which was to buy another of the exact same model.
Everybody has their reasons.

I own two as well. I own multiples of most of the firearms that I have, which is a lot. In this case, I paid for one for a slot when it came in, and happened across one for sale over the counter and bought that.

Mine has been trouble free thus far, and has been shot considerably. However, given that people continue to report failures of the pistol at increasingly higher round counts, I am unwilling to trust it for defense. It remains an experiment.

I have other options which I know are reliable and which I can trust implicitly, rather than risk an experiment for defense.

The P365 is a neat idea, compact, and I hope it works out. I had the same hope for Kahr, and found them to be unreliable after several pistols and many thousands of rounds (and trips back to the factory, as well as damage in varying degrees and one blow-up at the range). I had similar hopes for the Shield, until the pistol cracked and s&w wouldn't warranty it.

Thus far Sig's denial and the continued reports of issues are and should be a big concern. There seem to be ample apologists who are ready to give full benefit of the doubt and who throw caution to the wind.

Wait until one fails in a gunfight.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"Exeter, we have a problem...."

Reliability is a #1 for a 'serious use' firearm. Far beyond accuracy and other factors.

What happened to "To Hell and Back Reliability "

Many years ago (when Sig was using the slogan "To Hell and Back Reliability") at a local gun show some one made up a blue and white Sig Arms oval stickers that said "Sig Arms....."To Hell with Reliability"

Posts: 1465 | Location: Sandbox City VA | Registered: September 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Did anyone read the build date ? April 22 this was before sig made changes in June.

Maybe I'm on an island but the later builds like mine run fine, I put another 300 rounds thru mine this evening for a total of 1200 rounds of reloads no less and it runs great.

I'm not saying sig shouldn't have tested them longer and worked these things out. I just hate to see all this bashing.

My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on. But, how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest? It ain't bashing, when the concerns are valid. Heck, even you admitted that SIG should have tested the gun longer and worked things out. But, no, true to SIG's M.O., they beta tested it on their customers. Roll Eyes

You Said "

how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest?"

then you said : " My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on"

I guess respect is a one way street? O'K Roll Eyes

It sure is.
I don't take issue with your enthusiastic endorsement of the gun. Like I said, great for you.
But, you sure seem to have issue with folks who still have reservations about this still new and unproven gun that is supposed to be built for self defense.

Yes I full of emotional hatred towards anyone who doesn't agree with me. Roll Eyes I'm also sorry for voicing my opinion on an open forum. In the future I will check with you first.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes I full of emotional hatred towards anyone who doesn't agree with me. Roll Eyes I'm also sorry for voicing my opinion on an open forum. In the future I will check with you first.

[speechless] Roll Eyes [/speechless]

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
It's a POS. That is all.

Based on what?

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
If it's ok with 12131 I would like to add to this?

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Deep breaths everyone, deep breaths.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
This is more of a PSA than a post for feedback, but if youre going to carry your P365, make sure you put a lot of rounds through it first. Mine has a build date of 22 April, and I have taken it to the range 4 times previously. Crossed the 1500 round mark today, and soon after I got the infamous dead trigger. Just as Military Arms Channel had, if I turn it upside down, the trigger will reengage, but does not fire when right side up. Will contact Sig on Monday and have it sent in for repair. Glad I didnt sell my LC9s Pro, since I will need something to carry in the interim. I still think the P365 is an amazing pistol, but it sure does require a lot of faith to carry one.

Did your mags have scratches?

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So 85k p365’s sold and only a handful of problems? I bet you as time goes on we will still be hearing about these guns breaking. I really doubt every one of those 85k owners have all put a thousand rounds through their pistols. In fact I’d bet that most people won’t do that for a few years. Not everyone has the time or money to do that much shooting. Your average shooter probably only puts a few hundred rounds through the gun a year.
So it doesn’t surprise me that out of the 85k “only a small percentage have had problems”

It really seems pretty high to me honestly. Didn’t see video after video of Glock 43’s failing. At least nowhere near as many and don’t tell me glock wasn’t putting these guns out in numbers.
Sig has a real QC problem lately and I won’t be a sucker who falls for it twice.
But if you want to roll the dice that’s on you, just don’t come here bitching when you have to send your 365 in

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I'm shocked that anyone here would buy a Cohen Sig. With all the issues we have seen, it's well past fool me twice.

I won't even buy any more Legion P-series pistols, and I would love to have a P220 Legion in the safe. I was not happy with the P320 situation, and found the way Cohen, et al, handled it to be reprehensible at best. Add the P365 to the mix, and it will be a long time before I buy a new Sig.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought two Legion pistols last year; a P226 and a P229.

I wasn't happy with Sig's handling of the P320 issue, particularly the denials and the known fix applied to military weapons, that was withheld from the half-million civil P320 owners, or the denials rom prominent figures associated with the pistol and the brand. Inexcusable.

That said, I do like the pistol design. I have a number of them now, and fired them before and after the "upgrade." When Sig did handle that aspect, the pistols were returned quickly and all had as good a trigger as before. I have had zero reliability issues with them. The sole exception among mine was some fumbling by one of my teen boys at a competition class, and that was failure to seat the magazine properly and some inexperience. The pistols have been nearly flawless in operation, for me. I've had a bit of fun with them, swapped a couple out with the x-frame recently, and in a few months when things settle down here, I'll probably go do some steel shoots with them.

I'm not a Sig "fanboy," or whatever the current millennial term is these days. I don't carry the Sigs, as I carry a Glock. I do remember when rails and tails started coming out, there was a lot of discontent with quality and a lot of grousing. Most of my P-series are metal and german, no rails, no beavertails. That wouldn't prevent me buying a more current Sig, if the price were right, which is why I bought both the Legions last year. I am not disappointed, though the P226 trigger is a bit gritty and not what I'd have accepted, were it new.

I'm disappointed with the frequency of reports cropping up with problems, and there have been numerous reports and threads on this site among owners. If one were to use this as a statistical population sampling, one could predict a reasonably high population mean among 365 owners who have experienced problems, or will. It's that addendum, that margin for error, which should be eye opening. That said, I can only go off personal experience with the pistol, which as of this date, has been flawless.

New, probably some time. I buy used quite a bit, largely for the value; I typically pay between 50% and 75% of new prices for firearms that are new in appearance, with minimal or no wear, but not new out of the box...so with the right deal, a new(er) Sig would be fine. Both the P365's were new, but they didn't stay that way for long.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Sig is dead to me.

No more Sigs for me.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a poor design to me if a critical spring is coming into contact with surfaces that it should not be. Springs generally are intended to be operated free and clear of obstructions. If coming into contact with the mag body, that's definitely not 'free and clear'. No one at SIG is going to convince me that this was intentional.

The one thing I'm not clear on is with how many 365s have this interference problem. Is it really just limited to a few guns? Or are all guns susceptible to this? How about after a spring refresh? Will recoil over time cause the spring to shift and come into contact with the magazine? Lots of unknowns, little in the way of answers.

So yeah I'm good here, staying well clear standing on the sidelines.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We have sold over 40 examples of the P365 in the last few months. The 5 new ones that came in last week had June 2018 build dates. They were in the new small gray boxes.

We have not had one come back. No reported issues. In fact, two customers came back and purchased a 2nd 365 for their spouses. And some of these guys are shooters. But I have no idea of what their round counts are to date.

So I dont see where there are any widespread issues with this gun. Not from our local sampling anyway. FWIW. Regards 18DAI

Oh, XLT - Im sorry! I cant help staring at her! My apologies! Wink

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Think what you want, bash all you want, but don't assume all of the the 85,000 P365 owners are as unhappy as the few who posted to this thread.
You are correct in your statement that other manufacturers have had the same new model introduction problems. It is hard to find one who hasn't...

It isn't always about the number of failures. When I read reports of guns failing I also take into account how they failed.

A dead trigger that takes the gun out of action is a pretty serious failure. The OP says his failed after 1500 rounds so not only is the problem a major one but it is a sleeper. You can't go out and put a few hundred rounds through the gun and know if it has an issue or not. Yes there are other manufacturers who have had issues with newer guns but most seem to be issues that you can discover pretty quickly with a few boxes of ammo.

And as someone else mentioned not a lot of shooters get to 1500 rounds, especially within 6 months or so. So while you have not heard of many failures it doesn't mean there are not a bunch more bad guns out there waiting on someone to actually shoot them.

It might only affect 1 out of every 5000 but I am an unlucky dude and would absolutely get that 1 so I'd better stay away for now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

You are correct in your statement that other manufacturers have had the same new model introduction problems. It is hard to find one who hasn't...

It isn't always about the number of failures. When I read reports of guns failing I also take into account how they failed.

A dead trigger that takes the gun out of action is a pretty serious failure. The OP says his failed after 1500 rounds so not only is the problem a major one but it is a sleeper. You can't go out and put a few hundred rounds through the gun and know if it has an issue or not. Yes there are other manufacturers who have had issues with newer guns but most seem to be issues that you can discover pretty quickly with a few boxes of ammo.

And as someone else mentioned not a lot of shooters get to 1500 rounds, especially within 6 months or so. So while you have not heard of many failures it doesn't mean there are not a bunch more bad guns out there waiting on someone to actually shoot them.

It might only affect 1 out of every 5000 but I am an unlucky dude and would absolutely get that 1 so I'd better stay away for now.

I completely agree with everything you said. There is no question Sig hurried to get these guns out just before Shot Show. The issues they experienced appear to be concentrated around guns produced before June. After all the returns, I suspect QC at Sig has been tightened up significantly. That leaves us with user created problems like "the slide stop lever fell out and it won't go back in correctly", or "I pull the firing control module every time I clean my gun and the pins are falling out", "My slide never locks back on the last shot. My mag falls out while I'm shooting", etc. all of which Sig has to deal with in their returns dept.

Looking backwards, it would have been nice to have Sig beta test their new creation in a control group for a good solid six months, make the changes on the fly, and the individuals who made the decision not to to this, in my opinion, should all be looking for a job.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post