Tools

Null Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
But what if the P365 is the BUG?
Well hopefully your primary doesn't go down. Wink

Look, anything mechanical can and will fail over time - however to me the P365s have had enough "It was working great until it didn't work at all" reports with less than a shit ton of rounds through them for me to hold off until next summer if at all - because sure, I'd like a G43 sized gun with 10-12 rounds instead of 6-8 rounds - but I'm not going to sacrifice the #1 quality of a weapon which is reliability.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yep, reliability is the primary concern. I haven't approved the P365 for the rest of our guys yet, for me it's just testing phase now. I told them to keep buying 43s if they wanted a single stack 9mm bug.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Yep, reliability is the primary concern. I haven't approved the P365 for the rest of our guys yet, for me it's just testing phase now. I told them to keep buying 43s if they wanted a single stack 9mm bug.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:

What happened to "To Hell and Back Reliability "

You misread the quote.

"To the range and back. Reliability? Hell."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

You misread the quote.

Big Grin

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

With my 365, I simply look to run it until, ( if ) it fails, the send it to SIG. I don't rely on it as a primary carry, so I'm not overly concerned.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
quote:

You misread the quote.

Big Grin

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

With my 365, I simply look to run it until, ( if ) it fails, the send it to SIG. I don't rely on it as a primary carry, so I'm not overly concerned.

Outside of my rimfire guns, I don't have a gun in the safe that doesn't work reliably or that I would expect to fail at some point. I believe the MCX's were the last of my expected failures to be sold. Any handgun in my safe/house/vehicle could be called upon in an emergency. Doesnt matter if its a primary, seconday or whatever....they have to work.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they all gotta work. Except-all guns fail. Regardless of brand or model, all guns at one time or another will fail. I have a Ruger Security Six that stopped rotating. A Colt with a broken extractor. Two S&W failures, a model 39 and a Model 19. There may well be a problem with the 365 that needs correcting, but I often see people swear off a gun because of a failure based on emotion. The gun is only part of the security package.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Yeah, they all gotta work. Except-all guns fail. Regardless of brand or model, all guns at one time or another will fail. I have a Ruger Security Six that stopped rotating. A Colt with a broken extractor. Two S&W failures, a model 39 and a Model 19. There may well be a problem with the 365 that needs correcting, but I often see people swear off a gun because of a failure based on emotion. The gun is only part of the security package.

Very well put, I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Well, yeah, everyitngs break at some point. Even the almighty Glock. Im sure there are lots of broken Glock 17s out there. While we'll never have real numbers to compare, its about percentages and rounds before failure or between failures. It appears by percentage, the P365 has an unusually high failure rate compared to other guns, especially early on. I think that's the key problem here. While every gun will eventually fail< I suspect most expect a defensive gun to get further along in its life before happening.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
For me, I have to know my home or self defense weapon will be 100% reliable. I'll stick with older classic P series.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Did anyone read the build date ? April 22 this was before sig made changes in June.

Maybe I'm on an island but the later builds like mine run fine, I put another 300 rounds thru mine this evening for a total of 1200 rounds of reloads no less and it runs great.

I'm not saying sig shouldn't have tested them longer and worked these things out. I just hate to see all this bashing.

My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on. But, how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest? It ain't bashing, when the concerns are valid. Heck, even you admitted that SIG should have tested the gun longer and worked things out. But, no, true to SIG's M.O., they beta tested it on their customers. Roll Eyes

You Said "

how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest?"

then you said : " My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on"

I guess respect is a one way street? O'K Roll Eyes

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Is Sig on the 3rd or 4th "safe date" now? Still Gen1 I presume? Or have they dropped the 365 already in favor of the new 365*24/7 "now with more durable parts we've always had but didn't want to use to begin with"

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I guess I’ll have to go back to carrying my Wilson EDC X9. I need to get a holster for my CZ compact SDP and carry that.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sig honestly really shit the bed with the P365. I know all major manufacturers have these problems, but sig has screwed up twice in a row and what bothers me is that they don’t jump ahead of it but instead try to act like nothing is wrong until they have no choice. I’m honestly very disappointed with sig. and I’m a huge fan of the p-series. I’ll go with a g43. I’ll sacrifice a couple extra rounds in the mag for a gun that I know will work.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You mean like this May when they sent their very own Baghdad Bob to tell us the 365 was awesome and everything was hunky dory? Lol

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's been here a couple of times to say that there are no known issues with the pistol, and to deny the reports. Soon the apologists will be along to say that Glock and other manufacturers had their share of problems, so this isn't unusual, and that these problems are blown out of proportion given the small number of people posting here (and on the net).

Always spin, always downplaying. How many of the apologists own one, and are willing to bet their life to it in a gunfight, I wonder?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I am not a Beta tester. I waited to as an example till Gen3 to acquire a Glock. Let someone else work out the problems on the 365

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

You seriously made a conscious effort to wait 17 years for them to "work out the bugs"?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^^^^

You seriously made a conscious effort to wait 17 years for them to "work out the bugs"?

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's been here a couple of times to say that there are no known issues with the pistol, and to deny the reports. Soon the apologists will be along to say that Glock and other manufacturers had their share of problems, so this isn't unusual, and that these problems are blown out of proportion given the small number of people posting here (and on the net).

Always spin, always downplaying. How many of the apologists own one, and are willing to bet their life to it in a gunfight, I wonder?

Think what you want, bash all you want, but don't assume all of the the 85,000 P365 owners are as unhappy as the few who posted to this thread.
You are correct in your statement that other manufacturers have had the same new model introduction problems. It is hard to find one who hasn't. Is Sig better than all the others? Hell no. Is Sig more innovative than the the others? Let's just say with the P365 they certainly were.

I am not an apologist for Sig. Do I own one? No, I own two and I trust the lives of my family to that gun as much as I do with any of my other guns. I bought the first one because of it's size, capacity, and great sights. After shooting it for five months and having such great success, I decided to do something I have never done in my 50 years of shooting, which was to buy another of the exact same model.
Everybody has their reasons.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post