Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
This is exactly the reason I went back to my Glock 43. I'm at 750 with the Glock 43 now and comfortable carrying it.

I was one of the lucky ones with my P365. Mine had a build date of March 13th and I had about 800 through mine. Not a single issue and about 2000 dry fires as well, but I kept seeing reports like these and sold it. I will eventually get another one though.

I agree with you, it's an amazing little weapon. It fit's me so well too. I am determined to get another one, but it will be awhile. Hopefully Sig gets right with you.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, you guys are weird. A pistol made purposely for self defense will never be called "amazing" by me, when it has known issue like this. Never. I don't care how many rounds it holds, how good it feels in hand, or how accurate it is. If the trigger goes dead on you in a life and death situation, or if you're so concerned about it that you decided to sell it, then it ain't amazing. You just can't convince me otherwise.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was in two different gun shops this week and upon each visit, someone was returning a P365 due to a problem..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked that anyone here would buy a Cohen Sig. With all the issues we have seen, it's well past fool me twice.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
considering the build date, there was always a chance this could happen. I have a 7-1 build date and it's been flawless. I'm sure things will get ironed out over time, like anything else mechanical and new there will be bumps in the road.
it's your choice if you want to carry it or not, one thing for certain with the 12 round mags and the feel of the gun they are fun as hell to shoot.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
OP, I'm curious, did you take the FCU out of the grip at any time?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
OP, I'm curious, did you take the FCU out of the grip at any time?

Nope. Never disassembled past basic field strip for cleaning.

Thanks. I was wondering if the dead trigger issue was perhaps caused by the trigger spring getting dislodged when the FCU was out of the grip....I guess not.

It was just an off the top of my head "theory" about the dead trigger issue.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Exeter, we have a problem...."

Reliability is a #1 for a 'serious use' firearm. Far beyond accuracy and other factors.

Granted, no mechanical device is 100% but something like a 'dead trigger' is the worst kind of issue - with a FTF at least you can do a failure drill and work to get the gun back in the fight.

Or maybe the P365 should have it's own failure drill, with a "hold upside down" as a final step to overcome the dead trigger - assuming you aren't already dead.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David - Thanks for posting this for others to read....With this thread post as soon as I get back home (visiting my son but heading home tomorrow) my P365 will only make range trips until SIG provides a fix (voluntary or recall) for this issue...I will not continue to carry it like I have even though I have almost 500 rds through mine....Glad I did not sell my Shield...

Again David thanks for this thread post...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
This is very disappointing news. Literally my worst nightmares usually revolve around me pulling a dead trigger or pulling a trigger and then having nothing happen. I've got a Glock 43 on order since they will soon be authorized for backup and off duty carry. It's not likely that the P365 would ever be authorized for carry for me so it's not likely that I would be buying one myself. However the development of the P365 seemed like a fairly revolutionary development. I was hoping that it might lead to improvements in super small guns from other companies. As it stands right now I'm not sure that anyone else should be following the path of the P365 in developing newer, smaller guns as guns for this purpose should be reliable above all else and I'm not convinced that there aren't serious underlying issues with the P365.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The 320 that Sig turned into trash for me convinced me to never purchase one of their less than Taurus quality products ever again and now that has saved me from buying this latest fiasco.

I absolutely have no regrets with my G43 purchase. In fact I actually like it more than my beloved Colt Dick Special.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"Exeter, we have a problem...."

Reliability is a #1 for a 'serious use' firearm. Far beyond accuracy and other factors.

What happened to "To Hell and Back Reliability "

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really just don’t get the hype of this firearm especially knowing all the issues it’s had...

Maybe after a year or 2 of positive reviews and a $500 max price tag I would consider buying one... until then i’ll Stick with a number of the other compact firearms that have been proven (Glock 43, shield, xds, lc9s, etc)... me personally although I don’t necessarily agree with Springfield’s political situations I love my xds, but I would trust and buy any of the guns listed before I bought a P365 at this point.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Did anyone read the build date ? April 22 this was before sig made changes in June.

Maybe I'm on an island but the later builds like mine run fine, I put another 300 rounds thru mine this evening for a total of 1200 rounds of reloads no less and it runs great.

I'm not saying sig shouldn't have tested them longer and worked these things out. I just hate to see all this bashing.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Did anyone read the build date ? April 22 this was before sig made changes in June.

Maybe I'm on an island but the later builds like mine run fine, I put another 300 rounds thru mine this evening for a total of 1200 rounds of reloads no less and it runs great.

I'm not saying sig shouldn't have tested them longer and worked these things out. I just hate to see all this bashing.

My friend, if you think there's a so-called "safe date" for the P365, great for you. By all means, cheer them on. But, how about have some respect for opinions of others who still have reservations about SIG's latest and not-so-greatest? It ain't bashing, when the concerns are valid. Heck, even you admitted that SIG should have tested the gun longer and worked things out. But, no, true to SIG's M.O., they beta tested it on their customers. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Man, you guys are weird. A pistol made purposely for self defense will never be called "amazing" by me, when it has known issue like this. Never. I don't care how many rounds it holds, how good it feels in hand, or how accurate it is. If the trigger goes dead on you in a life and death situation, or if you're so concerned about it that you decided to sell it, then it ain't amazing. You just can't convince me otherwise.

Well put. I'll stick to tried and true weapons that have been around a while.
This is the same reason I won't buy any of the new Sig offerings. Recalls, dead triggers, broken firing pins and so on.
I like Sigs too and own 2 older P series but no new ones.
Any mechanical item can break but when you have a trend....

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I’ll try to look at the bright side - maybe the P365 will get people interested in the logic of carrying a BUG. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Sounds like the OP's went 1200 rounds with no major failure as well.

I went through something similar with a Walther PPQ....in the end I had spent more money on ammo trying to vet it for carry than I had paid for the gun.....and sold it off in the end.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I’ll try to look at the bright side - maybe the P365 will get people interested in the logic of carrying a BUG. Wink

But what if the P365 is the BUG?

I tried carrying mine all week. It’s nice. Comfy. But doesn’t instill confidence. I’m back to my Glock 32 for daily carry with the P365 doing back up duty.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post