SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 365 15 ROUND MAG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 365 15 ROUND MAG Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone purchased the 15 round magazine and any comments about it?

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have a couple. They work great. An outstanding option for a spare magazine when you're carrying your P365, since you retain the concealability of the P365 with its 10/12 round magazine, but have the extra capacity reload of a larger handgun on hand if needed.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have two ten-round mags (with different base plates), two 12-round mags, and one 15-round. The 15-rounder is one of my range mags, so I don't have to keep reloading. It makes the gun too large for me to carry comfortably.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I have a couple. They work great. An outstanding option for a spare magazine when you're carrying your P365, since you retain the concealability of the P365 with its 10/12 round magazine, but have the extra capacity reload of a larger handgun on hand if needed.

What he said. I carry the 365 and 365 XL with 12 round mags in the gun and 15 rounders as spares.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 with the 15 round magazine is 5.5" tall. That the same as a full size pistol. The "magic" of the P365 magazine occurs in the transition from double to single stack. So extending the length (double stack part) doesn't add more rounds than a regular double stack magazine.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Yes I have a few - as stated, they work fantastic. I find that I carry one as my spare mag on my offside and stick to the 12 round mag in the gun, carrying it IWB. It's a bit long to use as the primary gun magazine, taking away from the benefit of the compact gun size for concealment. If needed, it's another 15 rounds and will then provide a full size grip, concealment not being the issue anymore. On the range, they give you a nice handful of gun for extended shooting sessions as well.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of these, too.

I carry one on my belt as a reload and ten + one in the pistol, carried in my pocket.

I use the others as range mags. Other than one mags follower holding up on the first time loading and unloading it, they all have been functioning perfectly. I recommend investing in an UpLula mag loader for at least the first few loadings.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
An outstanding option for a spare magazine when you're carrying your P365, since you retain the concealability of the P365 with its 10/12 round magazine, but have the extra capacity reload of a larger handgun on hand if needed.

IMHO, also the best choice for a nightstand pistol.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post