SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I've made the trade - now what do I have Sig 1911-22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've made the trade - now what do I have Sig 1911-22 Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
Smile At last w-ends gun show I traded a gun worth $400 to the 1911-22. I was sick of my gun and wanted something different and this Sig appears new. I can't find much info and what I do find makes gun sound kinda poor. To me feel and appearance is excellent but I am a total novice at 1911s and semi-autos in general. Opinions and advice requested. Thanks.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Here’s a video on one.

I wouldn’t sweat it. It will get dirty as hell but that is the nature of .22LR.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That Sig isn’t worth $400 in my opinion. It’s the exact same gun as the GSG 1911 that sold for as low as $239. These are made of Zinc alloy and the slide tends to crack in half after heavy usage.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
True, the slide is made of Zamak, and it could break. SIG would likely honor the warranty, but it’s the main reason I wouldn’t own a GSG / SIG 1911-22. Not worth the risk.

I’ve heard of round counts in the tens of thousands and also in the low hundreds when it comes to slide failures.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post