SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More on the 93 year old's sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More on the 93 year old's sig Login/Join 
posted
with the wooden grips looks like a p49 swiss variation. I will pick it up at $1300 with the original leather holster.
Thanks for the video, very informative and helpful. I wish the seller was more with it so he could give me some additional background, sounds like he was issued it in either 1948-49

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
MPMORTON,

You have 3 posts. Each of them starts a new thread. May I suggest

> Keep related items in the same thread.

> If you post something new and want people to see it, simply edit the title of the thread. Add something like: See Updates on page 3 and 5

> Perhaps the most important. Click the box to get notifications. Make sure to pay attention to any post by Parabellum. He owns he place and locked your second thread. (Locking a thread is a clue - means you've gone astray of the rules.)

> Add your email address to your public profile. That way folks can email you with suggestions (not call you out in a thread). Folks here tend to be helpful. I wanted to email you to ask if you knew how to get notifications when people add to your thread.

You are new here - hopefully these suggestions help. We're interested in this topic so please update us. But do it that in your first thread.

Original

Second (locked by Parabellum) He even linked to the initial post.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's apparent that our new member is having difficulty replying in threads. This is why he keeps creating new threads.

If one of you would be so kind as to offer our new member some guidance on posting, I'm certain he would be grateful, as would I. The alternative, gentlemen, is for our new member to become frustrated with us and depart for other horizons. You guys want the story? Want to see the pics? Then, help this gent, please.

Thanks for your post, SR, but if you could expand on that for replying in threads, he'll probably be all set, and harmony will once again reign in SIGforumland.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
MPMORTON,
Also, if you want to edit a post that you created, there are three little icons in the lower right of your post. If you hold your mouse over them, it will tell you what they are. One of them is "edit message". If you use that icon, you can edit the post. If you started the thread, you can edit the post AND THE THREAD TITLE. That is one good way of letting members know that there have been updates.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
MPMORTON, send me an email and I'd be happy to set up a webex and walk you thorough the basics. Here's how you find my email address:

> in the upper left corner of this message you'll see a flag and my user name (SR) is above the flag...... Click on my user name

> That brings up a box and one of the options is to see my public profile.... Click on that option

> That takes you to a page with my email address. Let me know times that work for you. After 5:30 eastern is best for me.

I'm a CPA and it's busy time for me but we can go over the basics in 15 minutes or so. There are tons of folks that are better at computers but I can get you through the basics.

Here are two ways to reply in the discussion thread
====================================================

> Page down to the last reply in the thread. Look below the lower right corner of the last reply and you'll see a box that says "Reply" click there.

> Just above your initial posting you'll see these options: Go New Find Notify Tools Reply You can click on reply. These same options repeats at the top of each page (if and when this discussion thread has multiple pages)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SR,

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post