SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938: difficult mag insertion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938: difficult mag insertion? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Good evening, SF. As usual, I'm here with a question.

Yesterday a friend left his P938 with me, on his way out of town for the day. Dinking around this rainy afternoon, I figured it would be a good time to clean and lube my own P938 and I'd hit up his as well. Having done that, I slipped his magazine back into his pistol -- tried to, that is -- and found that inserting the magazine does not take place smoothly. Curious, I took his magazine and inserted it into my P938 easily. I could push it in and latch it with just a light press. On his, I had to press the release button [very] slightly to get the mag to go all the way in. What the??

I worked a little, trying to prove/disprove that it's easier to put a magazine into mine than his and sure enough it is. It's as if the leading edge of the magazine gets caught on the catch on its way in. I can give it a good hard smack and it will seat, but it does take some effort. Press the release button just a little, and insertion is as smooth as can be.

Based on this brief description, is there something wrong with my pal's pistol? Has anyone else seen this effect? What do you know, SF?

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is nothing "wrong", just an edge or corner that may need a bit of stoning. I would leave it alone unless he asked you to fix it.

Gun parts often need a bit of tuning after installation.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I won't monkey with it; it just seemed odd to me.

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps one (or more) of the grip screws is slightly intruding into the magazine well?

Posts: 3474 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post