SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My turn to get a smoking deal at a big box store
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My turn to get a smoking deal at a big box store Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
I always read with jealousy all those great deals at pawn shops, lgs, or gun show. Today, I get to brag.

Gander Outdoors reopened a few weeks ago. I hadn’t made it back. Since we just got back in town after the SCTP nationals...I decided to stop in.

Walking in, it looked a lot like the old Gamder but with campers and trailer taking up 1/3 of the store. Inventory very familiar but with some better pricing. Yeah, there are still a few chuckles at what they were asking for some stuff. But overall not too bad. Sig P365 were $499 and that didn’t seem too bad. But they were asking for $900 for a H&K P30s but $600 for a H&K P30sk.

Worked my way to the end of the counter and they had 6 used pistols or so. M&P 40 for $369..Ruger EC9s for $299...hey look, a gen 3 Glock 17 for $379! That’s pretty good. But not as good as the $309 Sig P320C 9mm! Can I see that please? Standard sights. No voluntary upgrade. But 2 mags, box, paper. Yeah, I will take it. No picture because the DOJ didn’t approve a single transfer all day and I didn’t feel like spending my whole day there. I will post pictures when I get it.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Should have checked the classifieds here for a P320C ...complete with upgrade Big Grin

Surprised they had the 365 for 499....Gander should have been 599.00 all day.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There is always that special feeling you have when walking out the door with a deal in your hands. I've had it a few times myself.

Congrats on your P320C!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They opened a new Gander Outdoors up here also. The wife picked up a Ruger SR9C for $2.00 more than I could get it from a local guy, and no wait. They seem to have decent prices...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I got a great deal at Gander when they were going out of business.

They had a Ljutic mono gun for sale ( I bought it only because it was SOOO gorgeous), new $6000+.
reduced to $3500 used, I emailed and offered $1250, they would not except,I then offered $1400 and they took it. They shipped it to a store near me, all I paid extra was sales tax.
I take it out of the safe and drool at it, I guess I should learn to trap shoot.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:

They had a Ljutic mono gun for sale ( I bought it only because it was SOOO gorgeous), new $6000+.
reduced to $3500 used, I emailed and offered $1250, they would not except,I then offered $1400 and they took it. They shipped it to a store near me, all I paid extra was sales tax.
I take it out of the safe and drool at it, I guess I should learn to trap shoot.

THAT is a SMOKING deal!

I have a mono gun and Love it. Talk about built like a Tank! Now learn to shoot trap.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They definitely have better prices than Gander Mountain did. I joined their "Good Sam" club when buying a rain jacket a month back. They sent me a $25 gift certificate. I bought a Ruger PC9 there last night. With the 5% off with the membership and $25 certificate I walked out the door with it for under $475. I'm eyeing a Gen 5 Glock 19 w/night sights for $594 before the discounts next.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
For $379 I would've bought that Glock 17, too!

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ruger EC9s for $299

Typical Gander prices. I paid $209 for one brand new....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No offense to Gander buyers but with the politics of Marcus Lemonis the owner, they could offer me a free gun if I would go through the front door and it would go unclaimed.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Our Gander Outdoors reopened a couple of months ago. I went in once to look around; didnt buy anything. Saturday they are raising a 40 x 80-foot American flag.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! For what they been charging for ammo over the years, they can afford to give a little back!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:

THAT is a SMOKING deal!

I have a mono gun and Love it. Talk about built like a Tank! Now learn to shoot trap.

excellent deal,

not a trap guy but have sold a handful of used Ljutic's over the past few years,

none that cheap!!

enjoy

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Raising the 40'x80' flag at Gander Outdoors in Gastonia NC. The cadets in my Civil Air Patrol squadron participated while I was in a training session 60 miles away in a non-air conditioned airplane hangar all day.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The 320c’s are only like $379-$399 new online currently. I think the 365 basically killed the other Sig striker fired sub compact. Sig and or distributors are likely dumping them cheap.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Here it is.

It is already on its way back to the mothership for the upgrade. Yes, prices are coming down for these but with the Club discount basically negating the sales tax, it would be the same as buying it for about $280 online shipped. So, I still think it is a good deal.

Gander is hit and miss.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post