SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need Luger Gunsmith in Cincinnati, OH Area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Luger Gunsmith in Cincinnati, OH Area Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I was visiting with a friend of my Brother's this week in Ohio. He showed me a Luger dated 1921 that was a "bring back" from WWII.

I looked at it, but am not a Luger expert. I know that the magazines need to be cleaned and the whole thing needs a good cleaning.

Can anyone recommend a gun smith in the Cincinnati OH area?

Thanks.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hibbert Armory has done good work for me. I would call before bringing them a Luger first, just to make sure they can do it. They are in Cleves Ohio, just west of Cincinnati.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
They err super easy to disassemble, but a smith would be great. BTW - loading those magazines is a Bitc$...there is a tool that goes with P08s which ads the compression of the mag spring for easy loading. Cheers.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
If the mags are wooden bottom originals do NOT take them apart nor even use them. They will crack at the bottom.Watch a video on taking apart a Luger it is very easy and can be done with a screwdriver. Do NOT attempt to remove the main spring as it is a SOB to put back.Remember this gun was made for the military and is easy field strip and clean.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there are few true Lugersmiths working these days. Many/most gunsmiths have next to no experience with Lugers and how they function. If your friend needs to send his Luger to be repaired, then send me a message and I will give you the information for him. If it just needs a clean and lube, then many folks can do that correctly.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post