SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What say you? Keep my Sig P320c or get a new G19?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What say you? Keep my Sig P320c or get a new G19? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
While I am well aware of this being a sig forum, I feel I know the atmosphere of this knowledgeable and friendly group. I appreciate the group's thoughts and suggestions.

Let me start by saying that I have couple sigs and a couple of glocks. Here is the issue. I am not in the financial spot to purchase a new pistol. I have a g42 and a g43. I almost never carry my g43 because I find myself carrying the g42 when carrying a small pistol. I just don't really want to get rid of my 43, though. I like the idea of having it and I do carry it sometimes.

I have my P320c with a small grip. I really like it. I find, however, that I am not as accurate as I am with glocks. I like the feel and looks of the P320c, I really do. My favorites are the grip and trigger. However, I find it to be top heavy when the mag is not full and its wider than the g19.

Now, to make a long story longer, my duty gun is a g17 and I can't ever see us changing, at least not during my career. I have been an armorer for 12 years and feel very confident in my abilities and shooting skills with this weapon. This would mean my plainclothes work and off-duty carry(when not carrying the 42 or 43) would be essentially just like my duty gun but slightly smaller.

If I had the funds to just buy another pistol, I know the P320 would just sit in the safe, like the 43.

What do you guys/gals think? Sell/trade the P320 and get a g19? Sell/trade the 43 for a g19.

I think you in advance for reading and giving me your thoughts.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
The first thing many will probably advise is to start putting away a little cash every paycheck until you have enough for a G19 and don't sell anything.

But if you really want this to happen sooner than later, I think you have a good idea in switching to a G19. Lots of pluses for you in terms of similarity to your duty weapon, magazine interchangeability, armorer experience, etc.

Either the 43 or the 320 could work as a backup carry weapon, should something happen to the 19. But the 320C would be the more comparable backup. And since you already have a 42, the 43 would be a bit redundant. However, selling/trading the 43 probably won't cover the G19. So, can you afford the difference?

In reality, neither of the guns you are considering selling are rare. Both will be available in the future if you regret selling and want to buy another.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the other poster. Put away a bit each pay until you can afford the G19. I prefer the G19 Gen4 to the P320 myself, having shot both.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This site is NOT Glock unfriendly.

As far as your situation, it sounds like your pretty Glock-centric, and need to stay so. If that works for you, go with it. Sell the SIG and get a G19. So you now can go up and down the size scale from the 17 down to the 43.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I would sell the 320.

The Sig while a great gun does not match up well with the gun you are required to trust your life to. Why throw a monkey wrench in that by having a gun with different ergonomics? When I stopped carrying guns that were different from my work guns my shooting got a lot better. Added coolness...a glock 19 with two glock 17 mags will be filled with a single box of ammo with one left over for the chamber. No more partial boxes!!

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I shoot my G17 better than I shoot my G19 - I get along better with the longer sight radius.

If you're certain you shoot a G19 then your 320 then go for it. Otherwise you're chasing after the perfect gun - which does not exist.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I probably don't need to ask, but when you priced the G19 I want to make sure you got the LE pricing and not the price that most of us have to pay. I understand there is a pretty sizable discount for LE and first responders.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I shoot my G17 better than I shoot my G19 - I get along better with the longer sight radius.

If you're certain you shoot a G19 then your 320 then go for it. Otherwise you're chasing after the perfect gun - which does not exist.
I agree with this and will opine a tad. Were I to buy a P320 it wouldnt be a compact. That's just personal. The 320 is easy enough to replace so I feel the G19 is where you should venture.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I probably don't need to ask, but when you priced the G19 I want to make sure you got the LE pricing and not the price that most of us have to pay. I understand there is a pretty sizable discount for LE and first responders.

Yes, I did check the LE price. Thank you for checking. Glock takes good care of us.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
G19....sell the P320C

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
No brainer, sell the SIG P320c and purchase the Glock 19 (specially since you can get a Blue Label Glock).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I would go with a 19, no question.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sell the 320 and get a G19. Then, since you rarely carry it, sell the 43 and get a G26. That way, you will have mag compatibility across the line, and still have the G42, which you clearly prefer, as a deep concealment gun.

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Kinda did the same situation.

I had a Glock that was customized little bit. I realized that if I sold the parts I took off, I could afford to get an extra firearm later. You may be able to sell off a few parts if you have any and not have to sell either gun.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sell the 320 and get the g19. That's pretty much what I did a few years back. We got rid of all the other plastic guns but kept the glocks.

These days I don't even look at the pistols when I go to the gun shops. The g19/17/26/20/29 all work perfectly for me so I'm not interested in changing anything.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Report This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
With all the information you gave us, I would also sell the 320C and buy the 19, especially if you shoot Glocks better.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Report This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Like you I had both. No question which is best for me. I traded the Clock away. Your situation seems opposite, and yet the solution the same. You might want to look at the 10mm Glock to have something different, but the same grip angle, manual of arms, etc.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G19 and a P320C. I like and shoot the P320 better than the G19. Don't dislike the G19, but just on a comparison basis.

Given the details in your post, I'd go with the G19. Simpler. You are talking defensive use, not a range toy. Compatibility is important for serious SD purposes.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the G19.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have my P320c with a small grip. I really like it. I find, however, that I am not as accurate as I am with glocks.

If a different grip might make the 320 work better for you, then it's worth trying. Other than that, if you shoot Glocks better and the 320 offers you no significant advantage then (IMHO) your decision has pretty much been made.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post