SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tysons Corner Nickel P 226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tysons Corner Nickel P 226 Login/Join 
Picture of swage
posted
I stopped into my LGS and they had on consignment an all nickel W German 226. Everything was nickel including the barrel and breech block and trigger. The magazines were nickel as well. It was in the yellow box but DID NOT have the mud rails. I'd rate it at 98%-99%. It had a slight smiley on the barrel and a rub mark on the frame from the trigger. I did some research online and could only find scalloped frame examples. It was a U 14xxxx serial number. They also had a nitron 226 in the same serial number range with the yellow box as well. The grips were not original however. I'm thinking of picking up both. I couldn't find an example online of a nickel 226 in that serial number range without mud rails. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
The first two questions that come to mind are:

- What did the box label indicate?

- Was it a triple S/N match?

Regarding the other P226, if it was in the same S/N range and it had Nitron then it was refinished. Not necessarily a big deal unless you were looking for collector value.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If the box look like this, yeah, you should get it. If not, you know, who knows.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was a U 14xxxx serial number. They also had a nitron 226 in the same serial number range with the yellow box as well. The grips were not original however.

Nitron in a 1987 SIG? Don't think so.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I'm going to stop in tomorrow and take some pictures of both and the boxes. It may not have been Nitron but it was similar in texture. Definitely not Ilaflon. The box indicated it was nickel. What threw me off was the lack of mud rails. I have never seen an all nickel example with a yellow box (barrel, breech) that didn't have mud rails. The examples I could find online had mud rails and the sights were nickel as well. The sights on this example were black.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I'm going to stop in tomorrow and take some pictures of both and the boxes. It may not have been Nitron but it was similar in texture. Definitely not Ilaflon. The box indicated it was nickel. What threw me off was the lack of mud rails. I have never seen an all nickel example with a yellow box (barrel, breech) that didn't have mud rails. The examples I could find online had mud rails and the sights were nickel as well. The sights on this example were black.

Hey, so what if it doesn't have mud rails. The box says "NICKEL", then it's factory nickel. Get it, before someone else does.
Btw, the one posted above has everything nickel plated. Everything, down to the roll pins. Member hurstolds1 has another exactly like that.

Btw, please shoot me an email, if you decide not to get it. Smile

Q

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Possibly K-Kote

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Q.

I appreciate the response. I'm emailing you now.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Q.

Nothing. Not in Spam, either. Confused

Q

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
many of us would love one like that.....perfection

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Q.

Nothing. Not in Spam, either. Confused

I fat fingered your email address. Resent.