SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    case hardening
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

case hardening Login/Join 
posted
I was wondering if anyone on the forum does case hardening or can recommend someone who can? Also what type of cost is associated? I have a sig ultra 1911 that I would possibly like to have the slide done. I've seen photos of some wilson's, boy they look handsome. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After Turnbull, the most common recommendation is Bobby Tyler.
$250 for the slide.
https://tylergunworks.com/color-case

Caveat: I have not done business with him.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Turnbull's work is exceptional

Here are a few of mine

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for the “case-hardened” look, or actual carburization of the metal surfaces?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Man I love that case hardened look on some guns. Gorgeous!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't actually need it hardend. I would be opened to a finish that looks like that as long as it will last.