SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the range. The 2.0 is a far better handgun then the 1.0 I had. You are right jljones, the recoil is far less for me. The trigger and grip improvements are very noticeable. I was shooting Blazer brass 115 gr and 124 gr FMJ and Winchester Nato 124gr. I finished up with some Winchester 115 gr +P+. The new grip texture is great and I can't wait to try some 147 gr ammo soon.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Just got back from the range. The 2.0 is a far better handgun then the 1.0 I had. You are right jljones, the recoil is far less for me. The trigger and grip improvements are very noticeable. I was shooting Blazer brass 115 gr and 124 gr FMJ and Winchester Nato 124gr. I finished up with some Winchester 115 gr +P+. The new grip texture is great and I can't wait to try some 147 gr ammo soon.

Man, I thought I was right. Randy Lee and I compared the M&P 1.0 and Gen4 G17 during some different drills over the course of a few thousand rounds. We both agreed that the G17 won hands down as to recoil impulse. The 2.0 beats the 17 hands down.

I've been struggling with the idea of putting an RMR on a pistol. I think this is it......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Man, I thought I was right. Randy Lee and I compared the M&P 1.0 and Gen4 G17 during some different drills over the course of a few thousand rounds. We both agreed that the G17 won hands down as to recoil impulse. The 2.0 beats the 17 hands down.

I've been struggling with the idea of putting an RMR on a pistol. I think this is it......

I took out my M&P in 357 Sig too. Granted the recoil is different but I could sure feel the difference while griping and prepping the trigger. When I had my M&P 1.0 in 9mm I had to get the Houge slip on grip to get a comfortable and controlled grip. I may have to get a 2.0 in .45 now. I have the compact and I hope the make the 2.0 in that soon.

When I go out next weekend I will take my Franken Glock 17 RTF with too and run 147 gr out of both and compare the recoil impulse. I love the Glock RTF's, but the M&P 2.0's may be better in my view as well.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Has S&W solved the accuracy issues with the compact and competition models also?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
If your 2.0 is anything like my 1.0 5" 9Pro, it will really -and I mean really- like shooting 147 grain bullets. Going to 147s and shooting different weight recoil springs made a huge difference for me.
When you hit the right recoil spring weight with the 147s...it will be very apparent.

Thanks for the detail on the 2.0s.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Do you have a square notch or U-notch in your HD XRs? I was thinking I might like the U-notch, but I've never tried one.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
Jerry,

Do you have a square notch or U-notch in your HD XRs? I was thinking I might like the U-notch, but I've never tried one.

It has the U-Notch and I like it a lot. I was really wary about the narrow front sight, but I think it works good especially when you pour on the distance.
My thoughts always has been that HDs or other night sights really weren't good for games. I think these will work well at the first match I shoot with them.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I picked up and FF'd one of the 5" Performance Center 2.0 .40s at a gun show, and the grip felt like a hard pack of cigarettes with skateboard tape wrapped around it. I take it the grips are the same on all of the 2.0s?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
Jerry,

It has the U-Notch and I like it a lot. I was really wary about the narrow front sight, but I think it works good especially when you pour on the distance.
My thoughts always has been that HDs or other night sights really weren't good for games. I think these will work well at the first match I shoot with them.

XRs interest me, as i have found i like the narrower front post on my Ameriglo suppressor sights.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Has S&W solved the accuracy issues with the compact and competition models also?

I've yet to pick up a compact that really had issues. As one person put it, "the shorter the barrel, the less time Smith has to screw it up". I have a 9c that I purchased two years ago. I can ring steel at 100 with no issues.

They do currently have a 5 inch gun out. It is in that stupid FDE. They originally promised a black 5 inch, but it does not exist right now apparently. Your stumpy twin bought a five inch a couple of weeks ago, and it is friggin awesome.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that a 9mm M&P 2.0 will likely be my next purchase.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jones wanted to ask about the texture on the 2.0 , you for see any issues with it IWB again bare skin?

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
Jones wanted to ask about the texture on the 2.0 , you for see any issues with it IWB again bare skin?

Oh yeah. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, could be bad. However, I've been carrying a Legion with Hogue checkered grips on it. The 2.0 is no worse. One could also hit the 2.0 with a little sandpaper if they wanted to knock off the edge a bit.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I suspect so when they change the barrel rate of twist from 1/18, post 2013. My experiences witht he 9mm compacts over the last few years has shown they can hold there own in combat accuracy with other pistols.
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Numbers? IDPA changed the barrel length in the two shorter categories this year. Now goes to 4.375 inches, so 4.25 pistols are in.

Any measured numbers for required trigger force of the M&P 2.0 9mm 4.25"? With Apex kit? Accuracy at 25 yards?

Have an M&P 1.0 Pro CORE 9L 5" with Venom that is great after replacing internal parts. Nice part is that the 5" CORE does not require removing rear iron sight in fixing internals.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Jones -- I hope I'm right in thinking that it was you who talked about how forgiving the P320 was, that you and others believed it allowed you to shoot well even with less than stellar form.

How is the 2.0 in this regard, and, if you will, where do you rate each overall?

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to sand down the rough 2.0 grip.
The one I saw did not have much better trigger than a good 1.0. But then I have a Burwell trigger that I really like. Apex DIYs are all over the place, I am seldom impressed. But I would like to see one with the bits installed at Apex.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely impressed with the 2.0 format and the Shield 2.0 format which is only in 45 so far. I'm hoping they drop a 4.25 inch CORE 2.0 but I probably won't wait on it and just get one milled. The Shield 45 has no take up just some slack and a crisp break. The grip makes it much easier to hang onto. I expected much more recoil but it's very manageable for a small up close carry gun.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm back on the M&P wagon also. My 2.0 will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I ordered a set of Ameriglo I dot night sights for it as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Looks like I'm back on the M&P wagon also. My 2.0 will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I ordered a set of Ameriglo I dot night sights for it as well.

Alright, alright...order me one too.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post