SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
Has there been any mention of M2.0 CORE pistols?

None that I have heard. The CORE is popular so I figure that at some point we'll hear about it. I'm going to send off a slide and have it cut for an RMR07.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

None that I have heard. The CORE is popular so I figure that at some point we'll hear about it. I'm going to send off a slide and have it cut for an RMR07.

who are you going to get to do the milling?

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

who are you going to get to do the milling?

ATEI

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’d pick up both a 2.0 core and a 5” 2.0 without that stupid LCI. I have a 5” now and the LCI annoys me.

I’m going to pick up a 2.0 .45 soon.

I’ve been converted into a full 2.0 junky.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I’d pick up both a 2.0 core and a 5” 2.0 without that stupid LCI. I have a 5” now and the LCI annoys me.

Pics??

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:

My 9c 2.0 has become my go to. I painted the front sight green and just keep shooting it.
Not a single issue yet and I don’t for see any.
I called S&W and ordered 3 of the 15 round mags since I can’t find them anywhere yet.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I called S&W and ordered 3 of the 15 round mags since I can’t find them anywhere yet.

I'm afraid that is going to be the only draw back for a while.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
I love my 2.0 Compact. Hoping for both a 5" black non LCI and a 2 .0 version of the 9c. What would that be , 2.0sc?

Posts: 763 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apex tactical has a filler for the lci just fyi.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
quote:

My 9c 2.0 has become my go to. I painted the front sight green and just keep shooting it.
Not a single issue yet and I don’t for see any.

We've gotten a few here recently with no drama.

http://www.44mag.com/category/93

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Noted the problem with finding 15 round mags. Will the 17 round mags for the FS model work in the 2.0 C?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Noted the problem with finding 15 round mags. Will the 17 round mags for the FS model work in the 2.0 C?

Yes ... the 2.0 Compact ships with two spacers for use with the 17 round magazines.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jljones, other than painting the front sight green, have you made any other mods? Have any recommendations for a new 2.0c other than shooting the snot out Of It?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my new 2.0C after lunch today. Compared it to my 2.0 FS and the trigger seams a bit smoother. Mounted one of my old gen 1 mags on a spacer and dry fired it with a snap cap. Very nice. Looked thru my holsters and found one that fit. A Gallo SIL248 from a Sig 224. Lubed the rails and will get to the range next week.

Officers lives matter!

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've been taking the 2.0 out every chance I get and put 100-150 rounds through it usually do that 2-3 times per week. I usually limit myself to just bringing one or two mags so I don't load them all and run out of ammo too soon.
I found the 15 round 9c mags at gunmagwarehouse.com
so ordered a couple more and while I was at it picked up some mags for a M&P 45 2.0 that I haven't bought yet...... Razz

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:...while I was at it picked up some mags for a M&P 45 2.0 that I haven't bought yet...... Razz

... thanks for sharing your "issues"... it helps to know that we are not alone ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following a note here, I have replaced the sear in M&P M2.0 with Apex "two-dot-sear" and brought the required trigger force to below 4.5 pounds-force. Not difficult to do as it does not require removing the pin through trigger (and a lot of other coaxial stuff).

William's Gun Sight makes a wonderful, fiber, fully adjustable sight set for M&P. Click adjustable in both directions.

These additions enhance an already great pistol.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I’ve always been intrigued in the M&P lineup. My brother bought the original 9mm as his first handgun back in 2010. I’ve always thought it was one of the softest 9mm handguns I’ve shot. Granted I don’t have an extensive background but still thought the things shot soft and smoothly. Now with the 2.0 out I’m considering dumping my Glock 43 to fund a 2.0. I just don’t carry it as often as I thought I would. Another full size would be nice to have though.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the barrel length of the full size and the small shorter grip of the compact. Would the FS slide, etc. of the full size fit on the compact frame?

Officers lives matter!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Jljones, other than painting the front sight green, have you made any other mods? Have any recommendations for a new 2.0c other than shooting the snot out Of It?

My 2.0 Compact is completely stock at this point. And I can shoot it hard. Eventually, it will get an Apex DCAEK and a set of Trijicon HD XR sights.

www.opspectraining.com