SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I probably will. I primarily carry a 2022 off duty, but I like the idea of the compact. I have been carrying a 9c as a back up gun for years and like it a lot better over the G26.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GrabAGun on sale for 399 plus 8 shipping.
WOW.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Thanks for updating.

I'm curious to hear how the Apex barrel works for you, as the groups opening up w/the stock barrel is disappointing.

Agree. The accuracy issues with the 9mm M&P's is what has prevented me from being a buyer.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:
quote:
Thanks for updating.

I'm curious to hear how the Apex barrel works for you, as the groups opening up w/the stock barrel is disappointing.

Agree. The accuracy issues with the 9mm M&P's is what has prevented me from being a buyer.

There is no accuracy issue with the M&P 2.0.

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, how many rounds does it take before say a glock starts to open up accuracy wise?

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:
quote:
Thanks for updating.

I have had a few M&P's in the past, even an old one with the different barrel twist and I did not experience accuracy issues. 99.9% of people can't shot any handgun to its potential including me, there are a lot of variables that dictate group size but mechanical accuracy is there if you do your homework the big difference is the person that pull the trigger. I shot a 2.0 4.25 yesterday and out of Glock 17 gen5, CZ P10c, Sig 320, Glock 19 gen4 with an Apex trigger, I shot the factory stock M&P 2.0 the best.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I know my new purchase is not a 2.0 version but it is about as close as I can get and still be able to enjoy a nice RMR for these aging eyes...My new CORE M&P....I Love the lightning cuts on this one also.....I also have a factory stainless ported barrel to boot....Range report to follow when I get a RMR....Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got a great deal on a 2.0 5 inch, $448.00 out the door brand new.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Well I know my new purchase is not a 2.0 version but it is about as close as I can get and still be able to enjoy a nice RMR for these aging eyes...My new CORE M&P....I Love the lightning cuts on this one also.....I also have a factory stainless ported barrel to boot....Range report to follow when I get a RMR....Mark

Nice, I was looking at one of those and trigger is nice from factory.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtd85:
Just out of curiosity, how many rounds does it take before say a glock starts to open up accuracy wise?

Well, that is a difficult question to speculate on, and it would be just speculation at this point. Glock only recently put up a sample that will shoot with the 2.0 group wise at distance. I'll go a step further and say that my 2.0 groups currently are only slightly larger than what you get out of a stock box 1-4 Gen Glock in the factory setting. They are meant to be a 3-4 inch gun at 25. Nothing more. The group size does open up on those guns at around 10k to about what I see out of my 2.0 currently.

Now, with that being said, the Gen5 is a different beast, and it does get the same accuracy that the 2.0 gets out of the box. And I don't have enough, nor know anyone that has enough rounds through one yet to give a good idea of what they are going to do as a whole. My jobs transition has been delayed yet again. Once I get guns out in the field, I'll be able to see better what they will do across a wide range of shooters.

Does this sorta, kinda, help?

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
Just got a great deal on a 2.0 5 inch, $448.00 out the door brand new.

That is a great deal.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I do not like the color. But, I sure like the way it shoots.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
My thought exactly. Why are they sending out so many of the 2.0 in camel dung brown? Lots of brown paint and plastic left over?

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a black 5 inch CORE M2.0 ... now!

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, in the words of the immortal Shrek....."'at'll do, donkey, at'll do"

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, in the words of the immortal Shrek....."'at'll do, donkey, at'll do"

Nice. Stock? At what distance?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Stock at 25 yards.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
My thought exactly. Why are they sending out so many of the 2.0 in camel dung brown? Lots of brown paint and plastic left over?

That and the damn loaded chamber indicator.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:

Besides being not needed are there other problems with it. Just want to learn ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
quote:

Besides being not needed are there other problems with it. Just want to learn ...

Most of the major players won't cut the slide for an RMR with the LCI installed. So, as of right now a 5 inch gun with a RMR is off of the table. (in a 2.0)

I have heard that a non-LCI 2.0 may be released at NRA this year. Should not be a big deal because all the 2.0 5 inch gun is a beefier 9L slide. (at least that is what it appears to be)

www.opspectraining.com