SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ As mentioned, my Apex kit is in the mail still... and I got the DCAEK. Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ok, passed 4300 rounds today. Between todays drills, and using it to teach last weekend (and all the people that wanted to shoot it) it pushed me to above that round count.

Today, I went back to training. I worked almost exclusively today on multiple shot drills, and working on cadence. The day was beautiful, and my son got to shoot his G19 some. The 2.0 performed as I expected with no hiccups or surprises. I shot 5 shots at a time at varying cadences starting from slow, to about .15 splits. This started out at 5 yards, and moved to 10 yards.

I noticed that you can just barely see some barrel wear starting to show.

End of the day brought my son placing a pine cone on the target frame, and then he tried it with the 2.0 from 15 yards. Nailed it on the third shot.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably the "Best Buy" out there today.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I am interested to hear your shooting impression when you get it to the range.

I shot my new 2.0 this weekend. 100% reliable, perfect function, great trigger, great reset. I LOVE the new sand paper textured grip. It sticks to your hands like glue.

I usually train for minute of man accuracy, but when I took my time I put three rounds into the left eye ball of the target at 15 yards. Three rounds that you could cover with a quarter at 15 yards, I'll take it.

It out Glocks a Glock at this point.

Great pistol. Moving it to the bed side gun after I get some more round through it.

My target ammo was from a mixed lot ammo can. A random mix of S&B, Fiocchi, Perfecta, Aguila, Remington, and Federal aluminum case. All worked perfect.

Also shot 25 rounds of Federal 147 HST and 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124+P without any problems.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the 2.0 L/E package SKU 11519 in 40 cal came with 3 mags and fact night sights . I wiped it down and re lubed and fired different 40 ammo, Blazer , Gold DOT Rem and it has not missed a beat feels great in the hand and a tac driver . When I get about 500 I will clean it up again .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes.......excellent........ Smile

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
J Jones am I sensing this is fast becoming one of your favorite pistols, if not your favorite?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran another 50 Blazer 165 aluminum case it was right on . no problem I think they shoot hard

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
J Jones am I sensing this is fast becoming one of your favorite pistols, if not your favorite?

It'll never replace the P226. 226's will forever be the king in my book.

As to the striker fired guns, yeah, I really like the 2.0. Smooth, easy to shoot, sexy. But, I also like Glock 34s, and 35s. A lot. I guess until I retire I'll be a Glock shooter by default. I honestly don't know how many rounds I have through a Glock 35. It's a bunch. It comes out of the holsters and without thought I can burn .20 splits all day long. I'm good out past 100 yards with it. That is hard to beat. This fall I'll be making the transition to the 34. But, getting the round count up on the 2.0, I could do the same thing. Life is good.

And I do like the P320.

So, maybe I'm pistol confused?? Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, maybe I'm pistol confused??

Trans-pistoled? Big Grin

I completely understand it though. I waited until after the rush - and high prices - to try a VP-9, and I'm afraid I've got a bit of a man-crush on the H&K right now.

It's not demonstrably better than an M&P or a Glock or anything else for that matter - but it's just one of those guns that makes me look about two levels better than I really am.

Looking forward to trying out a 2.0 sometime soon. Especially when they release the C variants.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You usually have to pay extra for that, Cotton.

And you're only a few hours from me. You can shoot my stuff anytime.

www.opspectraining.com

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
You usually have to pay extra for that, Cotton.

Right you are, Pepper. Thanks for the kind offer.

I'll be at PASA Park in Illinois on the 13th. Looks like my next time South will be Christmas-ish, but I'd love to get down there sometime and learn how to shoot for real.

Midwest training at PASA in the cards? It's a really nice facility. Part way between Chicago and St. Louis, might draw a pretty good crowd?

I know I could use the training.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I am interested to hear your shooting impression when you get it to the range.

I shot my new 2.0 this weekend. 100% reliable, perfect function, great trigger, great reset. I LOVE the new sand paper textured grip. It sticks to your hands like glue.

I usually train for minute of man accuracy, but when I took my time I put three rounds into the left eye ball of the target at 15 yards. Three rounds that you could cover with a quarter at 15 yards, I'll take it.

It out Glocks a Glock at this point.

Great pistol. Moving it to the bed side gun after I get some more round through it.

My target ammo was from a mixed lot ammo can. A random mix of S&B, Fiocchi, Perfecta, Aguila, Remington, and Federal aluminum case. All worked perfect.

Also shot 25 rounds of Federal 147 HST and 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124+P without any problems.

thanks for that. I am looking to upgrade from an M&P 1 to a 2.0 once I get back to the states. I'm glad that the 147 GR HSTs worked, I just standardized over to them.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The Apex DCAEK has been installed in my 2.0, but I haven't been able to get by the shop to pick it up. I'm looking forward to testing it out.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask your gunsmith what he measures the trigger pull to be. . . . and do report your idea of good/bad resulting from the kit.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Today I shot the 2.0 head to head with a G34. Over the last couple of days I have shot some slo mo video. The video seems cool guyish, or maybe a little vain, but I shoot them and then watch them a bunch to try to diagnose small little things about the difference in the ways that the guns cycle.

As I kinda led to above, the G34/35 is home to me. I have way more rounds than I can count through a 35, and love the 34. I posted a slow motion video of me shooting a bill drill with the 34. Today, I did it with the 2.0. The results of the video tells me what I have been seeing by watching the front sight at speed. The 2.0 tracks really flat. It tracks noticeably flatter than the 34. Even using a grip and upper body structure that lets the big muscles do the work, I can see the 2.0 coming back to the aiming point much faster and flatter than my favorite 34.

This is a bit of a hard pill to swallow for me.

Oh, stay away from ARMSCOR 9mm ammo. I averaged 2-3 hard primers per box today. I mean so fricking hard that I cycled them through a SIG 320, G34, and the 2.0 and it wouldn't ignite. (Hey the bright side is that I got 2-3 dummy rounds in every box Smile)

www.opspectraining.com

You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
My initial impressions with my new P320 Compact vs the M&P 2.0 is that I THINK maybe I like the M&P 2.0 more. I like the idea of the P320 more, but in reality the 2.0 is a little more accurate.

So far....

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Link to the slo mo on the 2.0.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU...en-by=opspectraining

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
A little deviation, but are you guys planning anything up north in the Chicago area this year?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
A little deviation, but are you guys planning anything up north in the Chicago area this year?

We would love to. We had a class on the schedule, I think it was last year for the Chicagoland area and it didn't fill. It was the only class I can recall we cancelled last year. There may have been several external factors such as election jitters, might have been hacked by the Russians and whatnot. I know a lot of guys in the business that cancelled, or ran light several classes last year, and early into this year. I count us as being fortunate in that regard.

Steve has been talking as recently as last month on getting back with the host and trying it again. So, maybe we can get it together for early '18. I would like to do a Chicago class. It's an easy drive for me. I don't think '17 is possible/probable because I think part of the success that we have at filling classes is holding to a 6-9 month lead time. I think the last class was a Practical Fundamentals, but I'd be up even to run an Advanced Pistol Marksmanship course.

I would love to do it though. Maybe get the chance to break bread with you and CPDSIG.

www.opspectraining.com