SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good. I hope you guys decide to come here. I couldn't attend the one you had to cancel as I was out of state. I will keep my eyes open for any decision you make.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally was able to handle two of the S&W M&P 2.0 today, both 9mm, both with the external safety...one was the FDE 5" and the other was a 4.25" black version.

I liked the feel in hand of both, and can see how they have the potential to be a very good pistol. Further research will need to happen in order to decide between the 4.25" and 5" versions.

One quirk I observed...maybe others can clarify or dispel....when the striker released I observed that the front sight of both pistols slightly shifted to the left and stayed there in the rear notch. I noticed this with several trigger pulls on both pistols, and thought it seemed as if the slides were shifting to the left upon release.

Probably not....I wager this is just a function of my need to adjust to the 2.0, or it's own manifestation of the "Front Sight Nystagmus" I get with my Glock when my trigger discipline is lax, but it was, in reality, my only question mark after handling the 2.0. I'm sure if I spent time with it I'd enjoy it....it's a definite contender for a next pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dehughes,

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
That happens to me with Glock, but not with the 2.0 or the P320.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
BTT

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
? BTT ?

The 6 pound-force required to trip the trigger of M&P 9 M2.0 4.25" dictates for me a slow trigger push to the rear without side force. Received Apex parts that are expected to take off some thing like 1.5 pounds-force.
Play with the four back-straps - find the one that places trigger finger just were it is supposed to.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up this week (for a very low price) and shot it yesterday. Very small groups, low recoil, and fast follow-ups. I think Smith has a real winner here.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I just picked one up this week (for a very low price)...

Same here. Haven't shot it yet, but damn it feels good in hand. And I'm a dedicated metal-pistol guy...

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:

Same with me, happens with Glock but not my P320 or M&P.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:

Same with me, happens with Glock but not my P320 or M&P.

Interesting. Good to know.

I was getting my new vest fitted today and the shop had a M&P 2.0 4" in 9mm with the thumb safety, BUT it was a "LE" version or something....had night sights and something else different...can't remember.

But anyway, I REALLY like that version for some reason. The trigger reset was very good...take up was a bit gritty/dirty, but I know I could clean that up. Felt natural in hand and the thumb safety did not feel like it'd be an impediment. The sights were nice, actually, and I'm not a three-dot fan.

If I had that option, I'd give that gun a shot as my duty weapon and would be happy to carry it off duty as well. I see an M&P 2.0 of some sort in my future....never would have guessed that....

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a new, 5 inch M & P 2.0 to the range along side a 5 inch performance center with ported slide. Both 9mm. I think the 2.0 actually has less felt recoil. I am really liking the 2.0. I am even getting used to the fde color and the thumb safety. Overall a real bargain handgun.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patience is a virtue ... I know ... I believe ... but where the hell is my M2.0 M&P9 5inch CORE ... with thumb safety!!

... ok, I feel better ...

EDIT: ... in black ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From suggestion by Randy Lee:
Changing sear in M&P M2.0 9mm 4.25" brought trigger force from 6 lb-f to 4.5 lb-f in one case and 4.2 lb-f in another.

Part 100-063. Expect some additional improvement when I can get the rear sight off so as to change the striker block.

Just having apex parts moves the M2.0 ahead of the pack. Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
From suggestion by Randy Lee:
Changing sear in M&P M2.0 9mm 4.25" brought trigger force from 6 lb-f to 4.5 lb-f in one case and 4.2 lb-f in another.

Part 100-063. Expect some additional improvement when I can get the rear sight off so as to change the striker block.

Just having apex parts moves the M2.0 ahead of the pack. Mac

I've never disassembled a M&P...you have to take the rear sight off to get to the striker block???

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'm awaiting the 2.0 Compact variants. Can't wait to see what aesthetic changes S&W have made to it.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. The port to the spring behind the striker block and the striker-block is underneath the rear sight on almost all M&P. The exception that I know about is a CORE - the port is underneath the plate where red-dot sights can be mounted.

The sear can be replaced with removal of one frame pin and care and quite a bit of wiggeling to replace sear mount. One punch can be all that is needed.

My good sight mover is on loan and I want to try to use it before using punch on rear sight in an endeavor to move the sight (and then hope to get the rear sigh back where it is supposed to be. The Apex kit for the improved striker-block includes a piece of plastic used to keep spring from flying off when sight is moved.

Mac in Michigan

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
Jones wanted to ask about the texture on the 2.0 , you for see any issues with it IWB again bare skin?

Oh yeah. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, could be bad. However, I've been carrying a Legion with Hogue checkered grips on it. The 2.0 is no worse. One could also hit the 2.0 with a little sandpaper if they wanted to knock off the edge a bit.

The 1.0 grip inserts work with the 2.0, and since that is the main part that would have contact with my skin, I plan to carry it with the softer insert.

(I heard that you're supposed to use the 1.0 disassembly tool with the 1.0 inserts, but it seems to fit fine with the 2.0 tool.)

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used M2.0 (9mm 4.25") in IDPA with no issues of any kind. M2.0 grips helped - did not hurt. Following Randy Lee's suggestion: 100-063 Two Dot Sear and 100-075 Striker Block replaced factory - about 4.5 to 4.3 pounds-force trigger resulted (down from 6 lb-f). Am convinced I could have done better with a lighter trigger - indications are that apex is working on same.
Fired 147 grain Berry over 3.5 WSF in WIN cases. Do not yet understand why the heavy bullets seemed to have lighter recoil than my Bullseye load of 115 HAP over 4.5 grains of WSF. Williams 70962 sight is a delight. However, need 0.060" red fiber to be on hand to replace front sight if you forget to use a microscopic amount of Elmers glue (toothpick applicator). Back up M2.0 could have been used with just a hole up front, but bright red is better. . . . a keeper - Apex is a positive factor

Mac in Michigan

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Does the 2.0 still accept the original magazines?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Does the 2.0 still accept the original magazines?

yes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 is just nothing short of a fantastic gun; if your even remotely thinking about it I'd encourage you to move forward.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post