SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I shot my compact at a local indoor match again last night.
It was a high round count per stage match so I went with the 17 round mags from my full size coupled with those mag adapters that the compacts come with. Looks like I made an M&P version of the Glock 45/19x. Sweet little shooter.

And that is exactly how my HD gun is set up, with the addition of a WML.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 616 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I shot my 3.6 quite a bit yesterday. I have very little problems getting close to the same performance that I do with the 4.25.

Here's the thing. Options are good. I got it. The fact that you can get this gun in 5, 4.25, 4, and 3.6 is awesome. But I am largely starting to think that 4.25 and 3.6 does everything that you need to be done.

I think my next project may be a new 4.25 to be sent to ATEI for a RMR Type 2. I'll be updating this thread more this year.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If the combo of a 4.25 and 3.6 do everything you need, would a single 4.0 do everything you need?

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I shot my 3.6 quite a bit yesterday. I have very little problems getting close to the same performance that I do with the 4.25.

Here's the thing. Options are good. I got it. The fact that you can get this gun in 5, 4.25, 4, and 3.6 is awesome. But I am largely starting to think that 4.25 and 3.6 does everything that you need to be done.

I think my next project may be a new 4.25 to be sent to ATEI for a RMR Type 2. I'll be updating this thread more this year.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I have very little issue jumping back and forth between the 2.0 and the other striker fired guns. My issued pistol is a Gen5 G17, and I shoot everything else on my off time. The high/low thing went away for me with the Gen4 guns. The Gen3 were quite horrible. Then when the backstraps became available and I could take the 2mm off of the hump, life got better. Then with the Gen5 and the removal of the finger grooves, things improved again.

Would removing 2mm on a Gen3 yield the same result?
Who did the 2mm removal on your Gen4s? Or who would you recommend?
Did you have to modify the Gen5s or were they good to go from the start?

I tried the Lone Wolf frame and it's okay, but would rather not have to get one for my other Glocks.

It would be nice not to have to adjust for the high low POI when switching between my other handguns and my Glocks.

Good questions.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Interesting numbers from today. I shot a 5x5 cold. Just as soon as I stepped out of the truck. Overall time was 18.05. I then spent about 200 rounds just doing some work. After that, I shot another 5x5 at 12.10.

Another interesting number was watching splits and transitions while training. I had a run that was a 1.09 draw, .19 split, .20 transition, and .19 split. Perfect 10 yard example of keeping splits and transitions the same.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If the combo of a 4.25 and 3.6 do everything you need, would a single 4.0 do everything you need?

I'd say no just because the 4.25" is on the full size frame and if you're going to get a compact the 3.6" is a better balanced and is wayyy more comfortable for me to carry AIWB. It's like a Glock 26 but with a full grip and 15 round mags.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When the 3.6 came out, I thought it was a specialized gun for AIWB carry.

quote:
quote:

I'd say no just because the 4.25" is on the full size frame and if you're going to get a compact the 3.6" is a better balanced and is wayyy more comfortable for me to carry AIWB. It's like a Glock 26 but with a full grip and 15 round mags.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the 3.6 came out, I thought it was a specialized gun for AIWB carry.

It excels in that role but it does everything a G19 sized compact can do and better in my hands. To me S&W got that one just about perfect.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Shot my 5” FDE over the weekend and remembered that I love this platform. Grip texture locks the hand in and lack of recoil really makes this gun a laser in the hand. It has been 100% reliable and I shoot it better than most of my other striker fired guns. I still can’t believe these things are priced so well online. Picked mine up for just over $400, which is a great deal for what you get. Not a huge fan of 3 dot sights, but these are robust and work fine. Just an overall smooth butta gun.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My first 3.6” had light primer strikes so I sold it. I really liked the size but I’m hesitant to try them again.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a 4 inch 2.0 will be my next purchase.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
My first 3.6” had light primer strikes so I sold it. I really liked the size but I’m hesitant to try them again.

I have nearly 40k through 3 pistols. You’re good, bro.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
. . . and as I have observed, no more than 15 minutes to replace the factory sear with two-dot Apex sear to have an even better trigger.
Punch out the rear-most plastic pin left to right; slowly raise the rearmost assembly until the bright pin on the left side is just clear of the frame (very short change in elevation); put finger over the factory sear and slowly press the bright pin from left only until you feel the sear come loose (spring is underneath); carefully replace sears; push pin from the right with a bit of jiggle until Apex sear is held by pin and pin is all the way through the assembly; lower the rear-most assembly and replace the plastic pin through the frame and sear assembly. Enjoy.
It is amazing to see how low prices are on the M2.0 - some are below wholesale.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you send it back to S+W for warranty (they pay shipping both ways)? Was it fixed after it came back?

Or did you just sell it and let someone else deal with it? Roll Eyes

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Shot my 5” FDE over the weekend and remembered that I love this platform.

I absolutely love mine. It's the same model as yours without the safety or LCI. The only modifications I have on it so far is a 14# recoil spring (Thanks jljones!), some minor hand polishing, and HD XR sights.
Here's a video of it in action shooting a match a couple weeks back while trying to figure out my new gopro. I shot it pretty slow due to the stage rules penalizing misses and no shoots pretty bad and I already screwed the previous stage up. At that speed I was able to easily shoot all alphas with only one charlie using factory Blaser Brass 124g.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^nice shooting! What made you go with 14# spring? What’s factory? 16#?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
^^^^^nice shooting! What made you go with 14# spring? What’s factory? 16#?

Thanks! Smile
The op in this thread recommended the reduced power recoil springs to me. I started off with the 13# but found it to be a little bouncy with the long slide and certain loads. The 14# seemed to be the sweet spot with this particular pistol.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

Did you send it back to S+W for warranty (they pay shipping both ways)? Was it fixed after it came back?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

I traded it in and told the dealer why. I hope that’s ok with you.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
At that speed I was able to easily shoot all alphas with only one charlie using factory Blaser Brass 124g.

I keep going back and forth on projects. I really don't buy into the notion that (in my experience) a 5" gun will gain you much compared to a 4.25 in 99 percent of USPSA or related matches. Then you watch videos like that and watch how smoothly the 5" gun tracks. That sends the brain ticking again and the process of elimination starts over........

I'm going to build two new guns before the serious start of the shooting season (which for me is March 14). I don't know if it'll be one 5" gun and one 4.25, or two 4.25s.

Interestingly, I took a 3 day class this week and my partner for the class is a academy supervisor for Cincinnati PD. They got 1500 2.0s and have had zero problems out of them. It's so good to see that Smith and Wesson finally got this one right.

www.opspectraining.com