SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
This is such a great thread, it needs a bump.

Picked up a 2.0 compact yesterday. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the same last week. Going to cross my fingers for a black 5 inch at SHOT. If not, I'll get the FDE one for games shortly as well.

Posts: 20 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two M&P9 M2.0 4 inch came through. Trigger pull was smooth on one and had a significant bump on the other. Bump was mostly due to rough striker-block. Hundreds of cycles of the striker-block with slide off and trigger is almost smooth. Point is that sometimes the striker-block needs to be replaced with Apex and sometimes not (and a pain to change). A few minutes to change the sear will significantly reduce required trigger force. Still, the M&P9 M2.0 in all four barrels is an excellent performer at a historically low price.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So it's been a year since this has been updated. Last year, I shot a 320 and a G19 most of the year so my M&P's sat in the safe.

Today, I dusted them off and went out for some testing of various ammo weights and distance accuracy. Strangely, all my M&Ps seem to like the lighter bullets better. I shot quite a bit of stuff at 25 and 40 yards.

I'll update this in a few weeks.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Over the past year I have been shooting and carrying my 2.0 Compact a lot. I have only been shooting 124 & 115 grain ammo. About the same distance as you.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Over the past year I have been shooting and carrying my 2.0 Compact a lot. I have only been shooting 124 & 115 grain ammo. About the same distance as you.

Which do you find it likes better?

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I think it likes 124gr.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Just a couple thoughts:

Both my 4 inch guns seem to prefer 124 grainers, but it's most apparent at distance. The 147's typically have a shift of 2-4 inches at 20 yards.

I've noted the same exact thing with my 2.0 Shields.

All are extremely accurate, and much easier to make hits with than even the Gen5 Glocks.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 617 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting my little 3.6" compact at a lot of indoor matches this winter.
At speed and with most distances under 10 yards I can make hits just as fast and accurate as I can with my tuned up 5" model. Both of which have Trijicon HD sights and everything else is factory.

The 3.6" compact is such a wonderful little pistol.

And my 5" non safety/LCI pistol ready for Production division.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryanp225,

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they have come out with CORE / optics ready versions. It's now a glaring omission in the line. That an a single stack width double stack Shield

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

And my 5" non safety/LCI pistol ready for Production division

Those Springer base pads?

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'm surprised they have come out with CORE / optics ready versions. It's now a glaring omission in the line. That an a single stack width double stack Shield

They have...and I want one

S&W 2.0 C.O.R.E.

Posts: 210 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, but no compacts (at least coming up on the search.)

quote:
Originally posted by Kampy:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

They have...and I want one

S&W 2.0 C.O.R.E.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

And my 5" non safety/LCI pistol ready for Production division

Those Springer base pads?

Henning's.

https://www.henningshop.com/De...OD=1291105&CAT=10021

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I have very little issue jumping back and forth between the 2.0 and the other striker fired guns. My issued pistol is a Gen5 G17, and I shoot everything else on my off time. The high/low thing went away for me with the Gen4 guns. The Gen3 were quite horrible. Then when the backstraps became available and I could take the 2mm off of the hump, life got better. Then with the Gen5 and the removal of the finger grooves, things improved again.

Would removing 2mm on a Gen3 yield the same result?
Who did the 2mm removal on your Gen4s? Or who would you recommend?
Did you have to modify the Gen5s or were they good to go from the start?

I tried the Lone Wolf frame and it's okay, but would rather not have to get one for my other Glocks.

It would be nice not to have to adjust for the high low POI when switching between my other handguns and my Glocks.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist $349 for night sights and 3 magazines. I bought 2. Smile

https://grabagun.com/smith-and...ghts-three-mags.html

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Couldn't resist $349 for night sights and 3 magazines. I bought 2. Smile

https://grabagun.com/smith-and...ghts-three-mags.html

That's what I paid for my two 3.6" compacts I have now. Smile
Smoking deal!

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Wow. I'm going to have to find a deal on a 3.6" now.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Wow. I'm going to have to find a deal on a 3.6" now.

$390
https://grabagun.com/firearms/...ct-9mm-15-1-3-6.html

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I shot my compact at a local indoor match again last night.
It was a high round count per stage match so I went with the 17 round mags from my full size coupled with those mag adapters that the compacts come with. Looks like I made an M&P version of the Glock 45/19x. Sweet little shooter.