SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
My first 3.6” had light primer strikes so I sold it. I really liked the size but I’m hesitant to try them again.

Did you send it back to S+W for warranty (they pay shipping both ways)? Was it fixed after it came back?

Or did you just sell it and let someone else deal with it? Roll Eyes

I traded it in and told the dealer why. I hope that’s ok with you.

I was simply curious if you sent it to S+W and it came back fixed, OR was simply a problematic pistol.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
At that speed I was able to easily shoot all alphas with only one charlie using factory Blaser Brass 124g.

I keep going back and forth on projects. I really don't buy into the notion that (in my experience) a 5" gun will gain you much compared to a 4.25 in 99 percent of USPSA or related matches. Then you watch videos like that and watch how smoothly the 5" gun tracks. That sends the brain ticking again and the process of elimination starts over........

I'm going to build two new guns before the serious start of the shooting season (which for me is March 14). I don't know if it'll be one 5" gun and one 4.25, or two 4.25s.

Interestingly, I took a 3 day class this week and my partner for the class is a academy supervisor for Cincinnati PD. They got 1500 2.0s and have had zero problems out of them. It's so good to see that Smith and Wesson finally got this one right.

Go for a 5", the longer site radius and the heavier slide.....I always wanted a M+P pro 9mm (5") but then totally forgot that I wanted one many years ago.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
At that speed I was able to easily shoot all alphas with only one charlie using factory Blaser Brass 124g.

I keep going back and forth on projects. I really don't buy into the notion that (in my experience) a 5" gun will gain you much compared to a 4.25 in 99 percent of USPSA or related matches. Then you watch videos like that and watch how smoothly the 5" gun tracks. That sends the brain ticking again and the process of elimination starts over........

I'm going to build two new guns before the serious start of the shooting season (which for me is March 14). I don't know if it'll be one 5" gun and one 4.25, or two 4.25s.

Interestingly, I took a 3 day class this week and my partner for the class is a academy supervisor for Cincinnati PD. They got 1500 2.0s and have had zero problems out of them. It's so good to see that Smith and Wesson finally got this one right.

I was thinking on this too. I recently picked up a Glock G45 and the balance and feel are like a sports car compared to a G34 or my M&p 5". I find that at my performance level with a pistol the longer and slower slide really keeps me from over running myself and governs me within my comfort zone. I really get to feel how I'm driving the gun.
I hope that makes sense.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was thinking on this too. I recently picked up a Glock G45 and the balance and feel are like a sports car compared to a G34 or my M&p 5". I find that at my performance level with a pistol the longer and slower slide really keeps me from over running myself and governs me within my comfort zone. I really get to feel how I'm driving the gun.
I hope that makes sense.

Makes total sense from a process oriented standpoint.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, COVID and all types of horseshit derailed this project.

I picked up a new C.O.R.E this weekend. Have to say, I like the 2.0 RMR combination.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Welcome (again) to the M&P fold. I’m on my second 5” gun, a CORE model.
First one (9 Pro) did about 15-16,000 rounds mostly in Steel Challenge.
For the money, they are very good guns, and only get better the more rounds you put through them.
Enjoy.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 2.0 Performance Center 5" ported model. Looking forward to shooting it at steel challenge next Sunday.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
COVID and all types of horseshit

That is a book title waiting to be used. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
For the money, they are very good guns, and only get better the more rounds you put through them.
Enjoy.

What do you think about the CORE optic mounting system? I like it a lot.

www.opspectraining.com

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Enjoy.

To be honest with you, I shoot FO iron sights (Dawson)on the M&Ps. I have tried to adopt optics … to no avail. Just didn’t work for me.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I might be inclined to replace the plastic plates with a metal one for the optic you want to mount.

Which size gun did you get, full size 4.25"? I see they now have optics guns in the compacts, both 4" and 3.6".

quote:
quote:
Enjoy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
It's amazing I saw this post...I just put $$$ down on a PPT M&P 2.0 Compact. I had been on the fence but I came across this gun for sale and could not resist.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I might be inclined to replace the plastic plates with a metal one for the optic you want to mount.

Which size gun did you get, full size 4.25"? I see they now have optics guns in the compacts, both 4" and 3.6".

quote:
quote:
Enjoy.

I picked up another 4.25.

The thing about the “plate system” with the M&P is that it is more like a sealer plate than an actual mounting plate. The screws (at least for an RMR) go directly into the slide. Unless the plate deteriorates, I can’t see it having much of a negative affect. If it was a mounting system like Glock has, yeah I see how it would need replacing ASAP.

www.opspectraining.com