SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Eek

You must have one he'll of an annual ammo budget!

Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Passed 14k yesterday with the 800 rounds I shot

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The agency he works for does.

If someone is reloading, it's do-able, too, if they're serious about it.

I'll say this; a couple of years ago I took one of J Jones courses, the MOAC. It was the most intensive course I'd taken, so far as round count. I had blisters in my hands, and we shot about 800 rounds a day, for five days. What I accomplished in that course, as far as personal insight, would not have been possible with a low-round count course. There came a point in the training when discomfort, flinching, fatigue, etc, had to be pushed past, and somewhere in there (and only there) did I find that the drills and efforts really began to sink in. There's something to be said for shooting a lot at a time, especially over a given interval (eg, several days). It produces results that can't be had other ways. Especially for the course outcome goals.

In the end, most of the other shooters did far better than I did and were faster, more accurate, etc. My scale of reference wasn't measured against that, but in terms of personal progress: had I moved from where I started to a place closer to where I'd like to be? Yes. What it did was install tools to work on, exposed flaws and errors in ways I couldn't have otherwise done, and gave me ways to look into my own shooting to identify mistakes, errors, etc. I'd attribute that to both the course of instruction, and to the volume of shooting.

J Jones is a SWAT officer, I believe, and does a fairly high volume of shooting, and competes, and he's got a department budget that lets him do that...plus he evaluates equipment, procedures, etc, that require quite a bit of shooting. I believe he's also an instructor on his department.

He's got the ammunition, and tends to put it to use, frequently. He asked me about some P-mags I was running. I had a few thousand through mine. I think he had betwen 7 and 15,000 through his, and was evaluating them to see how they held up. Him asking me how mine were doing was like shopping for a car and asking a kid how he likes his trike. I couldn't hold a candle to his training or round count, and will never come close...but it's thanks to folks who do burn up a lot of ammunition that we can get feedback on equipment, training, etc, and how it really holds up under hard use.

This thread was the reason I bought the new M&P 2.0. It won't ever get the amount of shooting that J Jones puts through his, though. I honestly wouldn't have considered the pistol at all had it not been for his comments here.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lonestar outlaw
posted Hide Post
I purchased one of these 2.0 full size when they first came out and must say I couldn't be more pleased
I have about 2500 rounds thru it with no issues
Mine is a 9mm
After about 1000 rounds I took it to a gunsmith and he tweeked the trigger and after that feels really good
I was fortunate to get the rebate they offered
which I got 2 magazines,2 boxes of Hornady critical defense ammo and a Caldwell loader
Again I have been total pleased with my 2.0

100% Texagun

Posts: 37 | Location: East Texas | Registered: July 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post

Glamour shot from the weekend. I can't wait to get them back from Apex soon.

Snake207 and I had a very productive training weekend. Every round went down range with a purpose and the weather was great for Kentucky in July. I did notice one thing. My 4.25 has HD XR's on it, to which I really like. The 4.0 has regular HDs. I have to say on the 4.0 I really do like the standard HD sight picture. It's just .25 inch difference, but it handles really well.

I think my next investment will be a 3.6.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Great pics Jerry. I'm curious, are you still carrying a Glock on duty? Do you notice any issue switching between the two platforms with regard to the grip angle or general handling? I'm intrigued by the 2.0, but past experience in trying to switch between Glocks and Sigs always left me shooting high or low when I went from one to the other.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He might be the wrong guy to ask. I've quite literally seen him pick up a pistol and fire it for accuracy upside down, and with his eyes closed, with everything in the 10 ring, to make a point.

I'm not very fast, but if I move from a Glock to something else, even one Glock to another, I slow way down, and have to do it because I have to re-learn the pistol. I have watched Mr. Jones, and his instructors, run past a target while firing at it, and shoot and hit accurately blind, inverted, etc, when making points about grip, stance, presentation, etc...so what he does may not reflect what many of the rest of us might do with the same pistol.

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
Great pics Jerry. I'm curious, are you still carrying a Glock on duty? Do you notice any issue switching between the two platforms with regard to the grip angle or general handling? I'm intrigued by the 2.0, but past experience in trying to switch between Glocks and Sigs always left me shooting high or low when I went from one to the other.

I have also struggled with this. I don't know how the grip angle on the M&P 2.0 compares to the Sig's or Glocks...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:

I have also struggled with this. I don't know how the grip angle on the M&P 2.0 compares to the Sig's or Glocks...

I just pulled the M&P out of the safe and compared it to the P320. Looks about the same to me.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glamour shot from the weekend. I can't wait to get them back from Apex soon.

Snake207 and I had a very productive training weekend. Every round went down range with a purpose and the weather was great for Kentucky in July. I did notice one thing. My 4.25 has HD XR's on it, to which I really like. The 4.0 has regular HDs. I have to say on the 4.0 I really do like the standard HD sight picture. It's just .25 inch difference, but it handles really well.

I think my next investment will be a 3.6.

I'm working on a few leads for a 3.6 I really hope to hear your thoughts on how it handles vs. the 4"

though right now I'm on a CZ kick and haven't shot my 4" 2.0 in several months .

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:

Phred,

I have very little issue jumping back and forth between the 2.0 and the other striker fired guns. My issued pistol is a Gen5 G17, and I shoot everything else on my off time. The high/low thing went away for me with the Gen4 guns. The Gen3 were quite horrible. Then when the backstraps became available and I could take the 2mm off of the hump, life got better. Then with the Gen5 and the removal of the finger grooves, things improved again. I started my day today shooting a 320C, and finished up with my duty pistol. I started about two months ago to work on only specific things in dry fire and live fire. I have worked on driving a fast, aggressive first shot and I've worked on reloads. Swapping to my work gun at the end, I shot a bunch of stuff into a 3x5 card for time/accuracy, and I finished up shooting on a 8x8 piece of steel at 10 yards. My last run was a 1.14 draw and a 1.30 reload on a draw fire one/reload fire one.

Thanks for the kind words, sns3guppy. I appreciate them!

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
For those not aware S&W is currently running their summer promotion which is a $50 cash card for the purchase of an M&P pistol (minus Shields). Couple other models available as well with varying levels of cash. While I paid $499 it takes what Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has at $429 to $379 after rebate.

Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore

S&W Summer Promotion

I have been eyeing that 5" 2.0 since it was released without the safety. Really hard to pass it up with the summer deal. Let's see what happens at the end of the week. Big Grin

Still enjoying my 2.0 compact.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A month ago I had the chance to put a few rounds thru a new 5" 2.0. I had been all-in on the P320 platform for the past few years, which consist of 9mm FS, 9mm RX FS, .45 FS, and most recently, X5. But, I was very impressed with the 5" 2.0, and have been patiently watching the prices this past month. All the favorable reviews in this thread and on the web kept nudging me forward, and yesterday I received an email ad listing the 5" for $389 before rebate. That model had the safety, but they also had the non-safety model for $399. Rebate brings this down to $349, which I couldn't resist. They also had a good price on the 4" Compact, but I bought the 5". Looking to getting this one.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that’s a lot better price than I paid for mine, last year!
Who is selling them, at that price?

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Grabagun and Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

Both have their M&Ps on sale, plus the factory $50 rebate.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information!

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
semi related from earlier info in the thread... looks like mastermind tactics has ceased taking orders to focus on their other venture... Confused

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
There just so happens to be a single M&P 2.0 MMT holster on ebay - being sold by MMT.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maste...-MP-2-0/223075452848

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
semi related from earlier info in the thread... looks like mastermind tactics has ceased taking orders to focus on their other venture... Confused

I am currently working with some other manufacturers to get a holster produced that will be the same.

Our communications with MMT before they quit probably signaled they were going to quit, as we were trying to get that holster made for the SP2022 and P229.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

I am currently working with some other manufacturers to get a holster produced that will be the same.

Our communications with MMT before they quit probably signaled they were going to quit, as we were trying to get that holster made for the SP2022 and P229.

Frown

Keep us posted. I bought one for my 2.0 but by the time I went back for one for my shield, they were closed up. Everything I have found that is seemingly comparable is twice as much.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I ended up ordering a 3.6" model from Grabagun.
It's a shooter! I put 200 rounds through it and everything went where I aimed and zero issues.

Alongside my P09.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post