SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Finally was able to work on competitor's M&P9 4" "Compact" Shot great groups (after cleaning and lube). Drive out the back pin, lift up the sear-block a bit, use punch as a slave to push out sear pin from the right side (with thumb over the sear!!) and delicately replace the cast factory sear with Apex two dot sear. Push block back. Note that it was not removed from frame.

Trigger force is now about 4.5 pounds-force and smooth. Unfortunately, all of the sear springs available from Apex (spring with plunger pushes up on sear) INCREASE required trigger force. Does anyone know a source of slightly lighter sear springs?

Bottom line: It is rather easy to replace sear with attendant benefit. A punch is all that is required.

Did you replace the striker block, or, at least round it off?
Although Apex does NOT recommend it, the trigger return spring, and sear spring, from their competition spring kit DOES work in 2.0. Even if their striker spring did fit the 2.0 striker, I wouldn't use it unless you reload, and have a bunch of Federal primers.
Mine breaks about 40 ounces, whereas my 1.0s are about 36 ounces

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally was able to work on competitor's M&P9 4" "Compact" Shot great groups (after cleaning and lube). Drive out the back pin, lift up the sear-block a bit, use punch as a slave to push out sear pin from the right side (with thumb over the sear!!) and delicately replace the cast factory sear with Apex two dot sear. Push block back. Note that it was not removed from frame.

Trigger force is now about 4.5 pounds-force and smooth. Unfortunately, all of the sear springs available from Apex (spring with plunger pushes up on sear) INCREASE required trigger force. Does anyone know a source of slightly lighter sear springs?

Bottom line: It is rather easy to replace sear with attendant benefit. A punch is all that is required.

Use the factory spring. I doubt it will make more than a half pound of difference. As mentioned above, replace the striker block. Sear, striker block, factory springs get me to about 3.5# on my two guns.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm late to the M&P game, but just picked up a 2.0 Compact. So far, I think I like it better than my Glocks due to the grip contour and fit to my hand. Time will tell.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I'm late to the M&P game, but just picked up a 2.0 Compact. So far, I think I like it better than my Glocks due to the grip contour and fit to my hand. Time will tell.

I was an early adopter (unusual for me) and jumped into the 2.0 and 2.0 Compact pool at the first opportunity. Could not be happier. Selling all of my other polymers.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I've been on a Glock kick here of late, but did a little head to head testing this morning. I still prefer the M&P over the Gen5 Glocks.

This is probably why. My split times for accurate shots are just plain faster. At the end of a training session this morning, I shot back to back bill drills with both guns. This is about what you see pretty average for hits out of the M&P. About .20s is what I get out of the Glock. I get that I'm splitting hairs as both are fast but.

I'll update this thread a little more often through the summer. I'm about to send a couple of guns out to have barrels installed.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to the updates. I was away from the M&P for a bit (into my 19X and M9A3) but just picked up my 9c 2.0 today and now seeing this thread again has got me back to shooting it.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to this thread and other M&P 2.0 reports, I broke down and put one on layaway today. If my wife catches me, I'm blaming Jerry.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just need a 2.0 CORE to come out and I'm in.

Posts: 20 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You just need to nail your wife’s response as quick as Jerry nails his splits!
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Thanks to this thread and other M&P 2.0 reports, I broke down and put one on layaway today. If my wife catches me, I'm blaming Jerry.

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
You just need to nail your wife’s response as quick as Jerry nails his splits!

She's bigger than me and she's faster than me, and probably a bit smarter, too. All I've got going for me is a head start.

posted Hide Post
I picked up the M&P 2.0 today off layaway, and took it to the range. Just time for a couple hundred rounds, so not much of a sampling, but the pistol performed very consistently, absolutely reliably, and I had a ball with it.

I'd never been remotely interested in the Sigma or S&W99 or M&P line...tried it based on JJ's comments, and thus far, with a few rounds downrange, acutally like it quite a bit.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If you will forgive the hilarity that ensues when the bib goes over my head, here’s a run I made at a match recently with a stock box 2.0 compact.

https://instagram.com/p/Bi99OF3ng-i/

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's a valuable training scenario. I know a CPD copper that was sitting in a barbers chair getting a haircut when dude walked in, produced a gun and announced a robbery. John drew his piece and dude is no more.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

I'm surprised you didn't just rip the damn thing off as part of your draw stroke.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Jerry,

I'm surprised you didn't just rip the damn thing off as part of your draw stroke.

Yeah we all wanted to. But, the stage brief said we had to leave it on. It was good for several laughs and really needed Benny Hill music to go with it. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
I've had the same results as the OP with a M&P45 2.0. I like this gun..I really do.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a 2.0 Shield in 9MM.
Point of aim/sites were off.
Fired 100% reliably but the trigger was just OK.
Added an Apex Trigger System...had numerous failures to fire...need my 'smith to re-tweak it a few times and finally needed a new striker assembly after only a few hundred rounds...with the Apex Mods. Might have been coincidental.
S&W replaced the front sight, but a few weeks later the tube fell out and S&W said it was back-ordered a few weeks.
I'm still waiting to hear back and finally had a Triji HD Night Set installed.

NOT impressed with quality/durability/customer service, though they did send me another striker assembly very quickly.

For now, the S&W 2.0 Shield has a great trigger and shoots/groups very nicely.

But my CCW choice for now remains my H&K P--30SK with decocker and ambi-safety. The double action trigger is nowhere close to the Apex/Shield Mods...but in single action it's very good outta 'da box.

And factory 15 round mags with no additonal spacers needed are nice too.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks RH45 and tha1000. Replacing the striker-block and its spring requires removing the rear sight. That is much too much work for what in the past I have found not to be of value.

Again, this is for M2.0, 9mm, 4 inch and 4.25 inch pistols. Have done the full set on M1.0, M&P9L Pro CORE where replacing the striker-block is easy.

After your comments, I might put M1.0 competition parts into a 4.25" - ammo is down-loaded anyway. Does Apex say why no such kit for M2.0?

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JLJones: You mentioned ATEi and having them prepare slide for red-dot sight. Have been communicating with them about milling slide of DW 1911 so as to have dot end up where the pistol points (where proper iron sights would point) so as to improve recovery in Bullseye timed/rapid fire.

How deep did they mill for you and where did the dot's height end up? Details? Thanks.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
JLJones: You mentioned ATEi and having them prepare slide for red-dot sight. Have been communicating with them about milling slide of DW 1911 so as to have dot end up where the pistol points (where proper iron sights would point) so as to improve recovery in Bullseye timed/rapid fire.

How deep did they mill for you and where did the dot's height end up? Details? Thanks.

Hey Mac,

I actually let the project lapse. I procrastinated on getting the new barrels as well due to having moved into my busy part of the first part of the year. I also lost interest in the RMR project.

I now have my summer break, so to speak, and don't have a lot of road classes I have to be gone to teach. I will get the barrels installed pretty soon, and fire up my desire to get a RMR installed.

www.opspectraining.com