SIGforum
M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5060017224

February 06, 2018, 06:24 PM
jljones
M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
OK, I have to admit. I am late to this appendix carry stuff. I tried it a couple of times, and couldn't get into it. Mainly because when I would sit down, the holster digs into my leg.

Piedrarc told me that he had found the most comfortable holster. I said whatever. And in the irreplaceable form of the true friend he is, he sent me one. The holster is from Mastermind Tactics. The foam wedge is adjustable. Once you get it adjusted, after about three days, just like the instructions say, the holster disappears. I like it a lot. The 2.0 compact disappears under a light shirt. My draw times on an 8 inch plate from concealment have been around 1.4 consistent. Which is about two tenths faster than 3 o'clock IWB. I can get down into the 1.25 range but I'm not yet anywhere close to consistent at that speed.

I am now a fan.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

February 06, 2018, 08:19 PM
Interesting. I may have to order one and give it a try.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.
February 07, 2018, 08:04 AM
tha1000
Wish you'd have posted that holster about a week ago. Looks nice and the price is right.

February 08, 2018, 08:31 PM
jbourneidentity
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
J Jones am I sensing this is fast becoming one of your favorite pistols, if not your favorite?

It'll never replace the P226. 226's will forever be the king in my book.

As to the striker fired guns, yeah, I really like the 2.0. Smooth, easy to shoot, sexy. But, I also like Glock 34s, and 35s. A lot. I guess until I retire I'll be a Glock shooter by default. I honestly don't know how many rounds I have through a Glock 35. It's a bunch. It comes out of the holsters and without thought I can burn .20 splits all day long. I'm good out past 100 yards with it. That is hard to beat. This fall I'll be making the transition to the 34. But, getting the round count up on the 2.0, I could do the same thing. Life is good.

And I do like the P320.

So, maybe I'm pistol confused?? Big Grin

Jerry, I don't mean to hijack the thread away from the 2.0, but given your experience with, and fondness for, the Glock 35 and 34, especially the accuracy of the new Gen 5s, have you gotten to handle and shoot the new Gen 5 G34? If so, what are your thoughts?
February 09, 2018, 07:23 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
J Jones am I sensing this is fast becoming one of your favorite pistols, if not your favorite?

It'll never replace the P226. 226's will forever be the king in my book.

As to the striker fired guns, yeah, I really like the 2.0. Smooth, easy to shoot, sexy. But, I also like Glock 34s, and 35s. A lot. I guess until I retire I'll be a Glock shooter by default. I honestly don't know how many rounds I have through a Glock 35. It's a bunch. It comes out of the holsters and without thought I can burn .20 splits all day long. I'm good out past 100 yards with it. That is hard to beat. This fall I'll be making the transition to the 34. But, getting the round count up on the 2.0, I could do the same thing. Life is good.

And I do like the P320.

So, maybe I'm pistol confused?? Big Grin

Jerry, I don't mean to hijack the thread away from the 2.0, but given your experience with, and fondness for, the Glock 35 and 34, especially the accuracy of the new Gen 5s, have you gotten to handle and shoot the new Gen 5 G34? If so, what are your thoughts?

I haven't got my hands on one yet, but I'm excited to. As good as the Gen5 17 is, the 34 should be really awesome.

www.opspectraining.com

February 09, 2018, 07:30 AM
Bulldog7972
That's a good looking holster and I love their website but if I may make a suggestion, I'd get a different clip. It has been my experience that clips like that cause the entire rig to fall out of the waist band as soon as one goes hands on with someone or even bend over when used on an AIWB holster. IMHO a solid fixed loop in which you have to thread the belt through or soft loops are far superior to that type of clip.
February 09, 2018, 08:31 AM
jljones
They also offer a version with leather loops.

www.opspectraining.com

February 09, 2018, 08:46 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
It has been my experience that clips like that cause the entire rig to fall out of the waist band as soon as one goes hands on with someone or even bend over when used on an AIWB holster. IMHO a solid fixed loop in which you have to thread the belt through or soft loops are far superior to that type of clip.

That's been my experience as well with IWB belt clips. I've even had them come off the belt just from sitting too long. I've since converted all my IWB holsters to belt loops, so I don't have to deal with clips slipping off the belt. I prefer the kind with one-way snaps.
February 18, 2018, 09:10 AM
jljones
Shot another 160 rounds out of the 2.0 Compact yesterday during a rainy practice session. I've been working heavily on transitions in dry fire, and wanted to get a little live fire in because the temperature was above zero, and it wasn't pouring rain for a change, only light rain.

My average draw from concealment was somewhere around 1.25-1.35 on an 8 inch plate at 10 yards. My transitions on fairly close plates were in the neighborhood of .25s.

www.opspectraining.com

February 18, 2018, 01:34 PM
RichardC
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:
IE- You could take one gun that was really accurate, and mix and match parts, barrels, etc with a gun that wasn't, and it would not make the gun that wasn't accurate all of a sudden accurate.

I actually took 3 of them and mixed and matched slides and barrels on their various frames, and viola...all 3 are quite accurate now...

Big Grin

I love it!

You are Tuco, aren't you.

February 18, 2018, 02:51 PM
jljones
Si

www.opspectraining.com

February 23, 2018, 12:40 PM
tha1000
quote:
OK, I have to admit. I am late to this appendix carry stuff. I tried it a couple of times, and couldn't get into it. Mainly because when I would sit down, the holster digs into my leg.

Piedrarc told me that he had found the most comfortable holster. I said whatever. And in the irreplaceable form of the true friend he is, he sent me one. The holster is from Mastermind Tactics. The foam wedge is adjustable. Once you get it adjusted, after about three days, just like the instructions say, the holster disappears. I like it a lot. The 2.0 compact disappears under a light shirt. My draw times on an 8 inch plate from concealment have been around 1.4 consistent. Which is about two tenths faster than 3 o'clock IWB. I can get down into the 1.25 range but I'm not yet anywhere close to consistent at that speed.

I am now a fan.

Ok. I got mine in today for the 4.25 full size gun. Its super comfortable and conceals the full size gun very well. Only complaint so far is that the wing and pad make it a bit more cumbersome to get on and off than what I am used to... but I am sure I will get used to it.

Thank you for sharing this holster.

February 23, 2018, 04:49 PM
Cobra21
quote:
Shot another 160 rounds out of the 2.0 Compact yesterday during a rainy practice session. I've been working heavily on transitions in dry fire, and wanted to get a little live fire in because the temperature was above zero, and it wasn't pouring rain for a change, only light rain.

My average draw from concealment was somewhere around 1.25-1.35 on an 8 inch plate at 10 yards. My transitions on fairly close plates were in the neighborhood of .25s.

Reinforcing the old adage that "practice makes perfect."

Risk the consequences of honesty...
February 23, 2018, 05:20 PM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Only complaint so far is that the wing and pad make it a bit more cumbersome to get on and off than what I am used to... but I am sure I will get used to it.

They say in the directions that it takes 3 days of wear to properly form the wedge. For me it was probably about 2 weeks. Mine is about half the width that it started as and is extremely comfortable.

www.opspectraining.com

February 23, 2018, 06:58 PM
tha1000
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Only complaint so far is that the wing and pad make it a bit more cumbersome to get on and off than what I am used to... but I am sure I will get used to it.

They say in the directions that it takes 3 days of wear to properly form the wedge. For me it was probably about 2 weeks. Mine is about half the width that it started as and is extremely comfortable.

Gotcha. Mine will probably take that long at least.. as I don’t wear it into the office.

March 10, 2018, 09:53 AM
jljones
I did some experiments this morning with the 13 pound recoil spring on all three pistols. It is in fact like cheating. The sights return so much quicker and more reliably. I'm going to have to gather a bit more date, but I think the sweet spot is the 13# spring in the 4.25. The 5 inch gun seemed a little "bouncy" is the best way to put it.

www.opspectraining.com

March 10, 2018, 10:40 AM
CQB60
I was inspired by JlJones Zeal for this platform and the force is strong with it so when a lightly used version turned up today, I jumped on it! Range report later next week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CQB60,

March 10, 2018, 10:48 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I was inspired by JlJones Zeal for this platform and the force is strong with it so when a lightly used version turned up today, I jumped I’m it. Range report later next week.

Ohhhhhhh, you should see what's coming next. Big Grin

The 4.25 and Compact are leaving my possession next week for gunsmith fit Apex barrels. After that, the 4.25 will be off to ATEi for an RMR. And I'll pick up a new 4.25 for SSP and Production division.

www.opspectraining.com

March 10, 2018, 11:07 AM
CQB60
I’m doomed! Lol Smile
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I was inspired by JlJones Zeal for this platform and the force is strong with it so when a lightly used version turned up today, I jumped I’m it. Range report later next week.

Ohhhhhhh, you should see what's coming next. Big Grin

The 4.25 and Compact are leaving my possession next week for gunsmith fit Apex barrels. After that, the 4.25 will be off to ATEi for an RMR. And I'll pick up a new 4.25 for SSP and Production division.

March 12, 2018, 10:28 AM
tha1000
quote:
I did some experiments this morning with the 13 pound recoil spring on all three pistols. It is in fact like cheating. The sights return so much quicker and more reliably. I'm going to have to gather a bit more date, but I think the sweet spot is the 13# spring in the 4.25. The 5 inch gun seemed a little "bouncy" is the best way to put it.

What guide rod and spring are you using? Frank Proctor swears by this as well. I have a 13# spring and guide rod in my 5" gun, I have not bought one for my 4.25.