SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:
If I shot ANYTHING like jljones shoots his 2.0, I'd buy 5 of them. Smile

Ya' he's a natural...never practices. Wink

For sure. Smile

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
So I ordered a 2.0 Compact last week......

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Excellent.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's one really calling my name right down the street at my buddies shop.
But I've got that gen 5 g19 which I like a lot....
So far I have the 5in 2.0 & the shield 2.0, really solid guns.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute. Is the M&P now the dark side? I thought it was Glock. I'm SOOOooooo confused

Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Excellent.......

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They're both the Dark Side. Darth M&P is Darth Glock's apprentice, hoping to overthrow his master one day and become the Dark Lord himself. (Only to eventually be overthrown in kind.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Wait a minute. Is the M&P now the dark side? I thought it was Glock. I'm SOOOooooo confused

Big Grin

Perhaps you are correct. Perhaps we need a more astute spokesman. Yes, you are correct. Glock is evil. But, it is the diet coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Had a great day at the range with the M2.0 9mm full size yesterday! I keep going back and forth between the Gen 5 Glocks and the M2.0 the last couple of range visits and as of today, if you asked me which my favorite is, I would just simply say "Yes". Since I've been using these most lately it seems any concerns about pushing some shots slightly left have disappeared as the groups from both are well centered and tightly clustered. As I seem to be two minds about these guns and tend to favor whichever one I happen to be shooting at the time, I submit Two-Face to represent my duality with these pistols right now. I'm not quite sure which side is which though. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I will pick up the 2.0 Compact tomorrow. I have had more M&P's than Glock's for some time. Both are great guns, but the 2.0 is better in a number of ways for me.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Another 300 rounds down range yesterday. This is probably the last through this gun before it goes to be fitted with a new Apex barrel. Current round count is close to 12900.

www.opspectraining.com

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Damn, that’s a lot of bang-bang Jerry!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
How many rounds though the 9c 2.0?

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
How many rounds though the 9c 2.0?

About 800. But it’s getting carried a lot.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Took the 2.0 Compact out for a quick range tip today. Only 5 above here, but no wind. I ran two 15 round mags and one 17 round mag. So nice that S&W included the mag spacer grip sleeves. Very pleased with the 2.0 Compact and will be adding it to my EDC rotation and might get a IWB holster for it. I can't wait for a 2.0 Compact in 45.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
My one disappointment with Smith on the M2.0 line so far is that for some odd reason they have decided to not offer a 5" black M2.0 with no LCI and no manual safety. They list it in FDE on their website, but it is out of stock everywhere and I would still prefer the black anyway. I contacted S&W about it and they said no plans to offer it in black for now but would pass it on to their marketing department. Confused

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder what folks would think about 13,000 rounds in such a short amount of time in a 70s era Gun or a 30s era.

Would a 1920s era 1911 live up to 13,000 rounds in such a fairly short time?
What about a 40s era HiPower?

It amazes me the durability of firearms in the modern age, combine that with a cost that is damn near disposable (not saying $500 is a pittance for everybody but in the whole scheme of things it’s not expensive)

The 2.0 Smiths certainly seem like solid guns.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have to wonder what folks would think about 13,000 rounds in such a short amount of time in a 70s era Gun or a 30s era.

Would a 1920s era 1911 live up to 13,000 rounds in such a fairly short time?
What about a 40s era HiPower?

It amazes me the durability of firearms in the modern age, combine that with a cost that is damn near disposable (not saying $500 is a pittance for everybody but in the whole scheme of things it’s not expensive)

The 2.0 Smiths certainly seem like solid guns.

Great point. Recently my wife's cousin got into shooting and asked me for a recommendation for a 9mm pistol. There are so many great choices out there right now from several manufacturers.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have often talked about the 60s-70s in handgun choices. I even wrote an article years ago on Modern Service Weapons. In the 60s and 70s, you had the choice of a BHP, 1911, or a Smith Model 39. Today, it is a dealers choice of great handguns.

www.opspectraining.com

King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
IE- You could take one gun that was really accurate, and mix and match parts, barrels, etc with a gun that wasn't, and it would not make the gun that wasn't accurate all of a sudden accurate.

I actually took 3 of them and mixed and matched slides and barrels on their various frames, and viola...all 3 are quite accurate now...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:
IE- You could take one gun that was really accurate, and mix and match parts, barrels, etc with a gun that wasn't, and it would not make the gun that wasn't accurate all of a sudden accurate.

I actually took 3 of them and mixed and matched slides and barrels on their various frames, and viola...all 3 are quite accurate now...

Big Grin

I love it!

www.opspectraining.com