SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Price for used P226 X-5 allround?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price for used P226 X-5 allround? Login/Join 
posted
Sorry if I posted this is in the wrong section.

I do not have any experience with these pistols and I am wondering what a fair/good/great price would be on a used P226 X-5 allround with test target, original 17 round magazines (x2), factory sig plastic case and factory owners manuals that shipped with the pistol.

Newer version with rail (based upon my internet searches) and has XFive stamped/engraved on left side of slide, matching serial numbers on frame and slide. I do not know date code. Unknown round count. Selling price quoted to me $1350 (includes shipping).

TIA

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinbot1966:
Sorry if I posted this is in the wrong section.

I do not have any experience with these pistols and I am wondering what a fair/good/great price would be on a used P226 X-5 allround with test target, original 17 round magazines (x2), factory sig plastic case and factory owners manuals that shipped with the pistol.

Newer version with rail (based upon my internet searches) and has XFive stamped/engraved on left side of slide, matching serial numbers on frame and slide. I do not know date code. Unknown round count. Selling price quoted to me $1350 (includes shipping).

TIA

Fantastic price, assuming it's not "hot". That would be a steal. Get it, like yesterday, I would.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yeah...if its on Armslist, walk away as that price is sufficiently low as to be suspect.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Approach that deal with caution. The smart guys here (above) have spoken!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information guys. Dumb luck that I found this pistol for sale.

Based upon my conversation with the person I spoke with at the gun store, it is a consignment piece and the owner agreed to take $1325 for it.

I will call them tomorrow and pay for it over the phone.

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Then get there early. Good luck! Razz

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, it's not gone, already. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a no-brainer.

I got mine for 1450 around a year ago and even that was a steal.

Since i's an enhanced model, even though it's just an allround, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to get 2k for it.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the information guys. Dumb luck that I found this pistol for sale.

Based upon my conversation with the person I spoke with at the gun store, it is a consignment piece and the owner agreed to take $1325 for it.

I will call them tomorrow and pay for it over the phone.

pinbot - didja get it? pics?

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have only seen one below the asking price mentioned. It currently resides in my safe. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@quantum13 - paid for the x-5 over the phone today. Pistol was for sale from Williams Gun Sights out of Davison, Mi. As of now, it still shows for sale on their website.

Hopefully the gun will ship tomorrow and find its way to Florida. I expect to have it in my hands early next week.

A little more back history on the pistol from Williams. Pistol has been owned by 2 individuals and Williams was the original seller and re-seller.

First owner is a doctor and he fired 500 rounds through it. Second owner put one magazine worth of JHP through it and then put it away. Not sure why he put it up for consignment, but I am not going to complain.

If what was told to me today is true regarding the round count, then I think I did get a great deal. Cool

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Congrats is in order. Cool

Q

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
...then I think I did get a great deal. Cool

Heck Yeah!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Pictures required when received. Well done!

posted Hide Post
Very nice. It is one pistol I would love to own.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS tracking "shows" Tuesday delivery. Man, this killing me. Wink

More to follow once I have it.

It appears for sale listing has been removed from Williams website. Big Grin

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
UPS tracking "shows" Tuesday...

Tick tick tick...

You do know if you stare at the clock while waiting on this one, you'll swear you saw the second hand go backwards...

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
UPS tracking "shows" Tuesday...

Tick tick tick...

You do know if you stare at the clock while waiting on this one, you'll swear you saw the second hand go backwards...

Eek ...kcit kcit kciT

Q

Picture of Tall Pine
posted Hide Post
Hope this isn't too bad a hijack, but can someone list what would be considered "good/fair prices" on the most common 9mm X5's one might see up for sale? I see so many different models its hard to keep them straight and their prices/desireability.

Can some kind soul list, from lower grade to higher grade, the common models and respective "good/fair" prices from a Buyers perspective? Thanks very much

Entry
All Around
Classic
Level 1
etc
etc
etc

Posts: 96 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post