SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    220 Match SAO vs P220 Super Match SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 Match SAO vs P220 Super Match SAO Login/Join 
Picture of 2nd Sig
posted
Anyone know the difference between the two? The Match SAO is no longer available, but I have one and am thinking about getting the Super Match.
The SM is a Sig custom shop gun, while the Match SAO is not.
Also, the SM has an external (short!!) extractor, while the Match SAO has an internal.
It looks as if the SM SAO is also no longer on their site.

Thanks.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 177 | Location: Midwest | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the P220 Match SAO like the the P220 Match Elite was all stainless steel. The P220 Super Match has a stainless steel slide, and an alloy frame. I recall seeing the P220 Match in the discontinued section of the website(gone now I believe).

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
I believe the P220 Match SAO like the the P220 Match Elite was all stainless steel. The P220 Super Match has a stainless steel slide, and an alloy frame. I recall seeing the P220 Match in the discontinued section of the website(gone now I believe).

P220, in .45ACP:
Match: DA/SA, 2-Tone, ss slide, alloy frame
Match SAO: 2-Tone, ss slide, alloy frame
Super Match: SAO, 2-Tone, ss slide, alloy frame, fancy wood grips, factory test target.
Match Elite Stainless (MSE): DA/SA, all stainless, aluminum grips.

Q

Posts: 26348 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not that you can always tell easily from the names - SIG seemed to name the various models and variations of models like it was trying figure out exactly what "the" Match was supposed to be.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2nd Sig
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, for the replies. So, it looks like my Match SAO will be very close to the Super match SAO, minus the fancy wood grips. Those would be replaced almost immediately anyways. I also have a P220 Elite Dark. It too has been discontinued and it too came with the fancy grips. I found them to be too slippery...kinda. They never felt secure at all. I have them, won't get rid of them without the pistol. But now, all of my Sigs wear the E2, Hogue rubber or G10 stocks. I was hoping to hear that the trigger on the Super Match would somehow be better than on my Match. Oh well.
Thanks again!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 177 | Location: Midwest | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post