SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I finally had one of "those days" at the local gun store, now I am a Legion owner.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finally had one of "those days" at the local gun store, now I am a Legion owner. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
It is a beautiful day here in Cincy, a little windy, but pretty nice for then end of March

I decided to go to the range/gun store and shoot a gun I bought last year. shot good, not great, but had to listen to the guy in the lane next to me, tell his buddy how frickin' awesome his new Legion is. yeah, yeah, yeah.... P-226 DA/SA legion. He was shooting it very, very well and I was just a little envious, as his groups were smaller than mine.

On the way out I look over the Sigs and see they have a new P-220 Legion SAO. This shop never has a P-220 Legion when I am there, so I am a little surprised. It is priced at $1,149, about where I would expect it. a little rich for my blood at the moment. I move over to the previously owned section, and right there on top is a P-220 Legion DA/SA with a price of $750 cash. I have to look twice. It looks legit. I ask the sales guy if i may look at it. It is clean, I mean real clean. he looks for the case on the shelves and finds it. It is not a Legion case, but the sticker in the end matches this gun. It has three mags, two of which look like they have never been used and a third that is almost as pristine. The case has a July 2017 born on date. the only issue is the previous owner wrote 220 Legion on the spine of the mags in white marker.

I look at it closely one more time and then look at the sales guy. He says, don't even ask, because if you don't buy it, I probably will. I said, I understand, I am not going to even ask if this is the best price, I will take it.

I have what appears to be a very slightly if ever used P-220 Legion for $802.50 out the door.

I kept thinking "this is too good to be true".

So, now that I own it, I am asking the brain trust here at SIGforum, were there any issues with the P-220 Legions produced in the last year?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score, I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. Congratulations!

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you and great score. Any pics-gun,box,etc.? A friend of mine owns one and he loves it. We took it to the range once and I was impressed at how accurate it was. I don't recall him having any issues though with it.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

...any issues with the P-220 Legions produced in the last year?

Yup, I don't have one yet. Confused Awesome find of yours!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Any ideas on why the box didn't match?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the Legions have the numbered slides,barrels and frames like other Sigs? If so, do all of the parts match numbers? I can't imagine Sig making a frankensig. You might call Sig and see what they say.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Any ideas on why the box didn't match?

Sorry, the box does match the gun, but it is not a Legion box.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Congrats man

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Good for you and great score. Any pics-gun,box,etc.? A friend of mine owns one and he loves it. We took it to the range once and I was impressed at how accurate it was. I don't recall him having any issues though with it.

Sorry, I do not have a new host site since PB went South. I will look for a new host, the Legion is that sweet.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Congrats Steve! Another 220 for your collection. I use postimages.org now to post my phone pics. If I remember correctly I just scroll down after uploading and click on the hotlink for forums tab. Seems to have worked a few times thus far after photocuket went full stupid.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Legions do not come in "a Legion box" they come in a standard Sig case.

The Legion case comes after you register it.

Good score!

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Legions do not come in "a Legion box" they come in a standard Sig case.

The Legion case comes after you register it.

Good score!

Bob

Thanks for the explanation. After looking at all the paperwork, I found the instructions for registration.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That is one Sig that I would pay full price for. Congrats on such a great find.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You now must take the Legionnaires oath! Iurant autem milites omnia se strenue facturos quae praeceperit imperator, numquam deserturos militiam nec mortem recusaturos pro Romana republica!
("But the soldiers swear that they shall faithfully execute all that the Emperor commands, that they shall never desert the service, and that they shall not seek to avoid death for the Roman republic!")

Enjoy your preciousWink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Nice find! I hope that your groups shrink. Wink

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Actually a lot of problems with them. I’ll give you $500 shipped to avoid the frustration...

Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I own the same gun and love it. One of my favorite .45's. Enjoy it!

BTW - I use imgur as my hosting site. Works great.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Legionnaires! I bought the P226 SAO and it impressed so much, I got the matching P220 SAO as well. Sig did a super job with these guns.

(You'll like the Pelican case as well.)

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Awesome find and good job jumping on it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

Sorry, I do not have a new host site since PB went South. I will look for a new host, the Legion is that sweet.

Steve, Ive had good luck using Imgur for hosting photos.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post