SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Equinox (Blackwood) Grips On P228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Equinox (Blackwood) Grips On P228 Login/Join 
posted
I sent my P228 off to CCR about a month ago and it will return as a two tone...picked up a set of grips after I shipped to CCR so never had a chance to see what they looked like on my P228.

I have scoured the internet and can't find one photo of a P228 two-tone with the Equinox Grips....my grips are getting lonely in the safe and I still have 4-8 weeks before my P228 returns...anyone have a P228 two tone with Equinox grips?

IMG_8137 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Jmo, but the P228 does not look good at all with the SIG Equinox grips or their rosewood grips.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Jmo, but the P228 does not look good at all with the SIG Equinox grips or their rosewood grips.

I did not care for the Equinox on the nitron 228 and thought that the 2 tone would look better..if not then I guess someone will get a deal in the classifieds Smile

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never seen them on a 228 but I do love the color of those grips. I can't imagine them not looking good on the pistol.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had them on a 229 Equinox and the one thing you do not want to do is overtighten them, ask me how I know.

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronin11:
I had them on a 229 Equinox and the one thing you do not want to do is overtighten them, ask me how I know.

I will remember that....this Sig is going back in my safe and probably will never be discharged while I'm still kicking and breathing....we have 3 sons and someday each will receive a handgun that has custom work done on it.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Personally I like wood grips on a compact P-SIG frame; I've played around with a couple different styles on my P228 but I confess that those ended up on P229s instead, or were sold off. To me regular walnut looks best on the gun, but I've not been happy with how thick the old panels I had were. I'm pretty sure that set was pre-Hogue, sourced from Altamont? OEM Hogue wood grips to me feel a little thinner and provide a better purchase with my small mitts.

I keep putting it off but one of these days I'll finally buy a set of Nills for my KE.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the best picture, I love the way they looked in pictures not on a gun, hated them on my gun. Didn't like how thick they were either.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I actually don't like the blackwood or rosewood grip look on any SIGs, not just the P228. The only wood that looks good on a SIG is the Nill, to my eyes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which grips? Just got my P228 back from CCR today...pictures are kind of crappy.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21g4Ves] [/url

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Looks terrific!

Congrats.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Between the two, I'd take the stock polymer grips.

Q

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The color of the woods with the refinish works for me. But that short trigger (shudder)... Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Keep the grips that would best fit your hand. I like aluminum or g10 checkered.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This P228 is going into my safe never to be fired (unless of emergency) by me anyway. I have 3 sons and each will receive a handgun with some custom features when I am pushing daisies Smile. My Beretta 92A1 and P226 Navy are the next 2 handguns that will go to CCR.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did you do CPII top and Cerahide bottom?

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Did you do CPII top and Cerahide bottom?

That is correct...the CP2 finish is really. really smooth