SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A little message to Sig about my new p210
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little message to Sig about my new p210 Login/Join 
Picture of tankerfrank
posted
I just received my new Sig P210A-9-target today and I love it. I shot about 20 rounds through it today and it has the most scariest trigger, It felt so smooth and broke perfect, I was amazed. I've shot it so well that it made me feel 25 years younger.

Now for the small stuff . I would like to see SIG make a service grip that I could purchase for it. I know you marketed as a target pistol, but I would like to have an extra set of grips. Because the way this pistol shoot, so accurate who needs 15 rounds. Also I was a little discouraged that you did not include a test/ proof Target with the pistol. Being that its a target pistol , I would have thought its include. A proof target like other German made pistols did.
Also I'm not sure how much more it would add to the cost of the pistol. but I would to see Sig add 3 serial number stamped to the frame ,slide and Barrel.
Also it would be nice if Sig would have an American proof Mark added to All American made pistols. Like Colt does with the VP triangle and the Sig with the state map as a proof mark. I would just think that a cig with these at you features would make it feel more like it's still being made in Germany. As Sig probably knows people were looking for older models love the three serial numbers with the little bear proof markings on the pistols I think if Sig would do this to all the American pistols including the Legends we just add a flair of the German Swiss heritage. To be truth be told I would definitely pay an extra hundred bucks for these added features. I hope I don't get lambasted by Sig loyalty.
3 months ago I purchased an M17 that at 1st was very disappointed because I only owned the pistol for a week and a slide started to wear and all the high point's. Pointed it out to a sig rep and he blew me off. But I definitely see why the army chose that pistol it shoots awesome as well as the P210. All right now I'll get off my soap Box. again I hope SIG read this and you
least make service grips for it. I believe you guys were come out with a carry model. I hope the grips on that will be able to be used on the target model.

FRANK A ,U.S. ARMY(RET)
3/3/33 ARMOR The MEN OF WAR
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
Service-Connected Disabled Veteran.

Posts: 89 | Location: JOLIET ILL | Registered: December 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankerfrank:
I just received my new Sig P210A-9-target today and I love it. I shot about 20 rounds through it today and it has the most scariest trigger, It felt so smooth and broke perfect, I was amazed. I've shot it so well that it made me feel 25 years younger.

Now for the small stuff . I would like to see SIG make a service grip that I could purchase for it. I know you marketed as a target pistol, but I would like to have an extra set of grips.
Not gonna happen, unless they eventually decide to come out with the Carry version. But, in the meantime, several folks are working on the non-target aftermarket grips for it, like grips4u and Armory Craft.

Because the way this pistol shoot, so accurate who needs 15 rounds. Also I was a little discouraged that you did not include a test/ proof Target with the pistol. Being that its a target pistol , I would have thought its include. A proof target like other German made pistols did.
Not gonna happen.

Also I'm not sure how much more it would add to the cost of the pistol. but I would to see Sig add 3 serial number stamped to the frame ,slide and Barrel.
Not gonna happen.

Also it would be nice if Sig would have an American proof Mark added to All American made pistols.
Not gonna happen.

Like Colt does with the VP triangle and the Sig with the state map as a proof mark. I would just think that a cig with these at you features would make it feel more like it's still being made in Germany. As Sig probably knows people were looking for older models love the three serial numbers with the little bear proof markings on the pistols I think if Sig would do this to all the American pistols including the Legends we just add a flair of the German Swiss heritage. To be truth be told I would definitely pay an extra hundred bucks for these added features. I hope I don't get lambasted by Sig loyalty..

Don't get me wrong, because I'm a fan of all the things you wish for. But, the big folks at SIG USA look at ways to make profits, and none of the things mentioned would amount to any, imo.

Talking about the test target, the only SIG from NH that currently comes with one is the P220 Supermatch. Why? Who the heck knows why they decided that.

Talking about triple serial numbers, only the SIGs that are destined for the German market get those. SIG decided to keep a few of the P226 LDCs here, so you will see them once in a while on the market having triple numbers. Also, the very early US assembled P229s have triple serial numbers.

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tankerfrank
posted Hide Post
Well maybe if more people speak out. Sig will get the message. And your right about Sig big guys not caring. as indication by what the two Sig rep told me about the wear on my slide is the way they feel about the customers I feel one day they'll be like Colt wondering how are are they in bankruptcy and no be wanting to buy their old products

FRANK A ,U.S. ARMY(RET)

Posts: 89 | Location: JOLIET ILL | Registered: December 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Current US made SIGs are already pricey. Adding all the steps mentioned will cost extra. And that will be passed onto the customers. Most folks will not be willing to pay more. Maybe you and some die-hards, but not the rest.

Btw, even the Germans don't put triple serial numbers on their X-guns. 99% of them have numbers only on frame and slide. And the proof marks are there because of CIP requirements, not because they love to please their customers.

And, you and I might not like the way Cohen runs SIG USA, but it was he who rescued SIG out of the big hole they were in.

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Current US made SIGs are already pricey. Adding all the steps mentioned will cost extra. And that will be passed onto the customers. Most folks will not be willing to pay more. Maybe you and some die-hards, but not the rest.

Btw, even the Germans don't put triple serial numbers on their X-guns. 99% of them have numbers only on frame and slide. And the proof marks are there because of CIP requirements, not because they love to please their customers.

And, you and I might not like the way Cohen runs SIG USA, but it was he who rescued SIG out of the big hole they were in.

Q, a quick digression. Your last sentence is very compelling. As a fan of German Sigs and not nearly so much US Sigs, I would love to have details, given your knowledge of the company and products. That would be a thread unto itself!

Posts: 1086 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Q, a quick digression. Your last sentence is very compelling. As a fan of German Sigs and not nearly so much US Sigs, I would love to have details, given your knowledge of the company and products. That would be a thread unto itself!

When Cohen took over Sig was in a financial mess. People might not like the his methods but he took a company on the rocks and turned it around.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That's it. I know about the working at SIG as much as any guys on the street. What I know is just what's out there.

Here is one good article about Cohen and SIG. http://www.managementtoday-mag...nt/245-sig-sauer-inc

Q

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Talking about the test target, the only SIG from NH that currently comes with one is the P220 Supermatch.

While they don't include a target, law enforcement contract purchases are targeted before delivery.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but it was he who rescued SIG out of the big hole they were in.

Totally off-top...so who's going to rescue him out of his hole? I read someplace that his trial is supposed to get going Real Soon Now.

Congrats to the OP on your P210A. I like mine a lot; it's the first NIB gun that I've bought in over a year. It was between it or/and a more recent birthed P365; the decision wasn't all that hard. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
again I hope SIG read this and you least make service grips for it.

If you want Sig to read your comments, send your feedback directly to Sig.
Sig doesn't own this website, and I doubt Sig employees weed through the threads on this site.

Posts: 7845 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:

Sig doesn't own this website, and I doubt Sig employees weed through the threads on this site.

Hmm...while I don't necessarily think they jump when we speak, I'll bet they monitor the site from time to time.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:

Hmm...while I don't necessarily think they jump when we speak, I'll bet they monitor the site from time to time.

And, that is fact.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
...but it was he who rescued SIG out of the big hole they were in.

Totally off-top...so who's going to rescue him out of his hole? I read someplace that his trial is supposed to get going Real Soon Now...

My crystal ball says nothing is going to happen to him. All the recent hoopla over his arrest in Germany will amount to nothing.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Talking about the test target, the only SIG from NH that currently comes with one is the P220 Supermatch.

While they don't include a target, law enforcement contract purchases are targeted before delivery.

Yeah, but my original statement is still true. Wink

Q

posted Hide Post
Do triple serial numbers indicate the fitting of those parts? If the P210A only has a serialized upper and lower, does mean the barrels are just dropped in? Hence the lower price point by taking advantage of the Petter breech block manufacturing efficiencies.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
The triple serial numbers serve a couple of purposes.

1. In some countries, the barrel is the is (or a) controlled part and must be serialized.

2. In military or organizational use, the serials would be used to help armorers and individuals keep track of parts and match them back up during maintenance and overhauls. With today's close tolerance mass production, this is not so important as parts are largely interchangeable now. Very little if any fitting is required.

I personally like the idea of the major parts being serialized, but it is an anachronism anymore and adds complexity and cost to the manufacturing process.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tankerfrank
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all who have left a comment. I just want to finish this up by letting you all know my final thoughts. Again I wanted to reach out the Sig customer service by way of this forum. I do believe they do read this. I meant that pretty little Sig rep at a gun shop a few months back and I know she said she reads this. Anyway I do not believe that adding the triple serial numbers to the pistols really cost that much more he would show more of a custom feel. I'm not sure if the US model is sold in Germany or if they're just still making them in Germany. Unless they are making them in Germany they do use the triple serial number. Now as far as the proof Target codes I know they test fire all these pistols so how much more money can it cost for them to put a $0.10 Target put back sign it and put it in with the pistol maybe a dollar you know maybe two towers over the overall picture. Next the proof markings I don't know I would just think that if I was a proud company with a Heritage of Sig I would come up with a beautiful proof marking for the American Market. I understand the proof markings in Europe are actual government proof houses. But again I would be proud the make a proof mark and stamp them out all my pistols if I was a company. Lastly the grips I know if Sig ever does come out where they carry model I just hope they grips will be interchangeable with the two pistols. I hope this doesn't step on anybody's toes I'm not a snowflake I'm an old old man and I just can't believe that when people make comments how people just go ballistics.

FRANK A ,U.S. ARMY(RET)

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
Do triple serial numbers indicate the fitting of those parts? If the P210A only has a serialized upper and lower, does mean the barrels are just dropped in? Hence the lower price point by taking advantage of the Petter breech block manufacturing efficiencies.

No P210 has ever been hand fitted. All have been industrially manufactured and assembled. Parts replacement would not be possible if it was not.

«Triple» serial number is a request from armed organizations for keeping their inventory organized. It´s not mandatory by law nor does it indicate a special treatment.

A proof target does not exist. They dont proof to the customer that their pistol will hit the target. The pistol is test fired to check function and group placement. It´s not a proof of perfomance like many enthusiasts would like to see it. A proof test is an overpressure test.

A Petter breech block sounds interesting. I did not know it exists. How does it look like?

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My new Sig 210 Target is a joy to shoot and even in my hands is incredibly accurate.

I think not having additional proof marks or identification numbers does not to detract from this very nicely made pistol

I recently got an HK P30sks, with all it's proof marks,and got a nice test target when I sent it back with some accuracy issues that are clearly my fault.
It's a great build with lots of extras.

But the American Made 210 is an equally impressive firearm that shoots much better. Designed for different needs of course. But the lack of a test target and additional ID stamps does not take anything away from it imho. To each is own I guess.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again I wanted to reach out the Sig customer service by way of this forum. I do believe they do read this. I meant that pretty little Sig rep at a gun shop a few months back and I know she said she reads this.

Prior to my current job, I worked in specialty auto parts manufacturing for 15 years. Our senior customer support & technical rep followed websites and blogs anonymously to gain product feedback. He stated there was no way one person, or even a team of people, can follow all the comments related to a company's products. One has to pick a sample of sites to review, then sample a few of the topics or discussions within given sites. If he were reviewing such a site as Sigforum, he would look at the topics with the most comments, mainly those on the first or second page. He could not review every single thread and every single comment within each thread.

This means that threads that don't stay on the front page for days on end may never be seen by a company rep. And seeing the title to a thread still doesn't guarantee that the company rep will even open that thread.

If you truly want to guarantee that Sig's people will read your comments, I recommend your sending those comments directly to Sig.

But it's your choice, your voice.

Posts: 7845 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post