SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A little message to Sig about my new p210
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little message to Sig about my new p210 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They absolutely read the forum, but I agree with fritz that there is just no way they will read every topic. That's just impossible.

But here are just a few proofs that they do.

- Those who know about PROTO-1 know that Rich Morovitz had a say in that thread.

- When I first posted about the NJSP P228, one of SIG's managers registered on the forum just to contact me directly to give me the detailed background on the gun.

- And, was it Phil Strader that signed up to tell us about the issues with the P365?

- And, on which forum did they announce the coming of the P225-A1? Here.

quote:
Originally posted by tankerfrank:
....I hope this doesn't step on anybody's toes I'm not a snowflake I'm an old old man and I just can't believe that when people make comments how people just go ballistics.

Frank, I don't think you stepped on anybody's toes at all. It's just a discussion. I'm sorry you felt that someone went "ballistic". But, looking again at the thread, and again, I fail to see one instance where that happened. I'm confused. Confused

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron Cohen doesn't care about details and making the customer happy. He only cares about making money.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They absolutely read the forum....
But here are just a few proofs that they do....

I was not aware of these instances. Good for Sig's team.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tankerfrank
posted Hide Post
You are correct my post and everybody who's posted to it has been very civil. She want to see crazy stuff go over the CMP Forum right now on the 1911. I used to be very heavy in the Sig's kind of got out of them. I still own my Sig 551A1, for years I searched for many of the Swiss made accessories for it I just love that rifle now I have my p210 I'm basically and Sig heavuen

FRANK A ,U.S. ARMY(RET)
3/3/33 ARMOR The MEN OF WAR
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
Service-Connected Disabled Veteran.

Posts: 89 | Location: JOLIET ILL | Registered: December 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
A couple thoughts:

The P210A fire control module is tuned and adjusted by hand, using feedback from a sophisticated electronic trigger pull graphing devise, to consistently obtain the specified weight and quality of trigger pull. There was indeed various degrees of hand work which went into building the original P210’s, and SIG SAUER Germany was reportedly making maybe five in a good day to Newington’s fifty or more.

Why should anyone at SIG read the Forum and take it’s member’s ideas seriously, when a ceaseless string of uninformed troll posts bashing Ron and the billion-dollar Colossus he built from SIGARMS’ bankrupt mess go unchallenged?

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said Bruce!

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MTSSGA

Make Triple Serialized Sigs Great Again !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Having just heard (read) the 'gospel', I will say that now I've had years to grow accustomed to it, at this time I like the trigger on my Legend better than the one on my P210A, though the latter's is no slouch. Five on a good day doesn't seem particularly bad to me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Having just heard (read) the 'gospel', I will say that now I've had years to grow accustomed to it, at this time I like the trigger on my Legend better than the one on my P210A, though the latter's is no slouch. Five on a good day doesn't seem particularly bad to me.

Hi! No “gospel” from me, just an informed opinion based upon direct experience. I think you’re impressions of European and American P210 triggers is reasonable. After all, the former pistols are beautifully made with wonderful fire control mechanisms, and should be perfect for the obscene space bucks they cost. However, I can’t say they offer any real practical untility which justifies two or three times the price of the outstanding and accessible American variant. Collecting is one thing, and there I have no opinion, but for shooting the P210A is the stronger value by far.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Hi! No “gospel” from me, just an informed opinion based upon direct experience. I think you’re impressions of European and American P210 triggers is reasonable. After all, the former pistols are beautifully made with wonderful fire control mechanisms, and should be perfect for the obscene space bucks they cost. However, I can’t say they offer any real practical untility which justifies two or three times the price of the outstanding and accessible American variant. Collecting is one thing, and there I have no opinion, but for shooting the P210A is the stronger value by far.

-Bruce

This agrees with my impression of the 210a. Just received mine and have a couple hundred rounds through it.
As a gunsmith (retired) for 45 yrs, and importer of classic German guns for the past 12, I’ve had the opportunity to examine a dozen or so European p210s including the early issue guns and later competition ones.
I don’t see any drop off in fit or function in the American gun. In fact there are some things I like better about it. And the accuracy & reliability is as good. Which is the reason I buy a p210.. to shoot and enjoy it. No safe queens in my safe Smile.

“It's never too late to have a happy childhood.”
― Tom Robbins

Posts: 20 | Location: N. FL | Registered: January 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is anybody finding P210As? I have not been able to find one for months. Which is to say, the distributors I use all are and have been out of stock and I don't want to pay retail prices.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen one in months myself and thought they were all dried up but then I saw one locally a few weeks ago. Maybe they’re getting made in batches.

I purchased mine from Cabelas when they first came out as I didn’t want to miss an opportunity to own one. I lost my legend to a fit of madness one day and sold it thinking I could get another and then they shuttered the master shop.

I too am anxiously waiting for a service grips option in case this is the only version we ever get.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Where is anybody finding P210As? I have not been able to find one for months. Which is to say, the distributors I use all are and have been out of stock and I don't want to pay retail prices.

I had the same problem. Only saw a few on GB. I hate auctions. Went looking on the web and saw Tombstone Tactical had some listed. Figured it was out of date inventory, but called. Guy said he had 4 of them. Iasked if he was sure and he said he was looking at em on the shelf. I told him to send me one. 1449 shipped. Got here in 3 days. FWIW. Great gun! Might be my new squirrel gun Smile.

― Tom Robbins

Posts: 20 | Location: N. FL | Registered: January 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
I haven’t seen one in months myself and thought they were all dried up but then I saw one locally a few weeks ago. Maybe they’re getting made in batches.

I purchased mine from Cabelas when they first came out as I didn’t want to miss an opportunity to own one. I lost my legend to a fit of madness one day and sold it thinking I could get another and then they shuttered the master shop.

I too am anxiously waiting for a service grips option in case this is the only version we ever get.

Had this response to my inquiry on “service” grips from grips4U last week. “Yes, we have dozens currently on the waiting list for the P210A grips, and are preparing to run a large number of the grips when we've completed the production and testing of them.”

― Tom Robbins

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brayhaven:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Had this response to my inquiry on “service” grips from grips4U last week. “Yes, we have dozens currently on the waiting list for the P210A grips, and are preparing to run a large number of the grips when we've completed the production and testing of them.”

Sweet. Thank you for the heads up. I’ll keep my eyes open for them.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post