SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dan Wesson Blems? Bought it, new question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Wesson Blems? Bought it, new question Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got it in today. Can't say I'm thrilled, but it's workable. Blem is pitted slide & frame in several spots on both sides. Guess I got a new truck gun.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Really?! That surprises me.

I've never heard of a DW Blem being that bad.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Now that is disappointing. DW's (even discounted) shouldn't be truck guns. Can you return/swap it with them?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see photos.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only camera I own is cell phone and I don't think it would pick them up honestly. I was still a little pissed in previous post, so truck gun is likely too harsh. With the benefit of a clean gun and the little blem paper from DW, I can see 4 easily enough and 2 more if I really look. Paperwork shows like 15 or so. The ones I can see are about the size of the sharp end of a pin.

Plan to clean, then shoot the piss out of it. Got a couple cases of .45 to break it in. Next order of business is a magwell and a new set of VZs. I am not sure I like the thin grips so much.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
Kinda confused, you bought a blemished firearm and complaining because it has blemishes?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gtmtnbiker98:
Kinda confused, you bought a blemished firearm and complaining because it has blemishes?

That are the size of a pin and too small for a phone camera to pick up. Gee imagine that. I'm confused also!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I mean no disrespect, but I don't understand why folks would buy a gun marked "BLEM." I have bought a dozen USED in great condition Dan Wessons for less than or equal to a gun that will forever be marked BLEM.

The pistol isn't marked "BLEM". The factory case has a sticker that says "BLEMISHED" and something about the limited warranty. The only thing on the pistol that identifies it as a "BLEM" is a letter designation at the end of the serial number ("A").

I believe that is not the letter "A". It is the Greek letter Lambda. Either way, it constitutes a certain stigma I'd rather not have on an otherwise nice 1911.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post