SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tribute to the Sig P239
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tribute to the Sig P239 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am still carrying my 9 mm P239 as an EDC since I retired in 2003. I am sharing it’s duties with the Glock G-45. I am down to 6 239s though.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I can't quite palm a basketball like bulldog, but close. Extra large gloves are usually too tight for me. I have no problem with the 239 grips.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love my TT 239/9; in fact, I just ordered a set of Hogue G10 Piranhas in black for it tonight. I've had the Hogue rubber finger-groove grips on there since shortly after I bought it in '97. Since the finger grooves will be gone, I may add some Talon grip tape to the front strap; I'll have to decide after firing it with the new grips once I get them and get it to the range.

Sent it into the Sig Custom Shop several years ago when they were having a special for the AEP, SSP, SRT, and feed ramp polish, and that made it even sweeter.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill-in-Texas:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
My main carry gun. I have two of them...

To me, the 239 is a little bit of perfection.

Interesting topic in that I had considered a trade for one, but know very little about it. Thanks to you folks, I’m learning that it’s a well-regraded model.

My question for those with P239 experience:
How many of you who love it have larger-than-average hands?

I had read somewhere that it might be small for large hands... But, smaller than my P232SL with a Hogue monogrip? -That grip suits me fine.

If you are comfortable with that 232, you should have no problem whatsoever with the 239 being to small.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One advantage of a single stack is that the mags are much slimmer and easier to carry/conceal.

On the grip, when I changed to Hogue G10 grips, the pistol was much more comfortable to grip. I have size large hands, but not XL.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 in 357 Sig is the best all around gun I'e ver owned. Works well as concealed city companion and is great woods gun. Has been my standard back-backing gun for many years. With Underwood ammo I feel it can deal with any problem I run into.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I own two. 357 SIG/40 and a 9mm. Both DAK.

Best combination of shootabilty, size, flatness I have found.

I own one, but have the capability to fire all three cartridges (9mm, .357 Sig, and .40 S&W) out of it. I doubt I'll ever sell this pistol, besides its versatility, its extremely accurate and absolutely reliable. Funny thing is; although it started out as a .357 Sig, switching to a 9mm barrel (bought on eBay) proved to be my P239's most accurate option. Using .357 Sig and .40 S&W magazines had no effect on it's reliability.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find today at a LGS. They had 5 brand new factory Sig 239 357Sig magazines hanging on the wall. All 7 rounders and all phosphate coated. They were asking $39.99 each but I asked if they could do better if I bought all five. So I got them all at $34.99 each which I thought was quite nice.

Another LGS has a nice supply of Speer Gold Bond for $20.00 a box of 50. I'll be getting more of those this week as well. If I bought them all I'm sure they'd do even better.

I love my two tone P239 SAS and it's certainly a keeper for me. It's my carry gun in nearly every situation. Once I'm gone it will get passed on to my grandson. I also love my P229 in 357Sig. But there's just something extra special about the 239.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
The P239 SAS DAK 9mm was my introduction to Sig Sauer firearms. The quality and accuracy of that pistol has made it one of my favorites. It is a fun gun at the range.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My older Sigs have spoiled me. My first was a P220 (45acp) followed by a P229 (357Sig) then a P239 (357Sig). Sadly for Sig Sauer, nothing in their catalog has excited me as much as the 229 & 239. Therefore Ruger and Henry have been getting my business for several years.

Yea, for a semi auto pistol, the older Sigs, IMHO, are simply that good.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I alternate my 239 SAS 1st Gen for EDC, it's a 40. I'm glad I bought it and it ain't going anywhere. In fact, I'm taking the wife out to lunch and I think the 239 will accompany us.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I decided a few years back that my 239 in .40S&W was going to stay with me permanently.
So I sent it out & had it engraved , added the Plus 1 mag bases to 6 of the 8 mags I have, bought the .357sig barrel and put on the Crimson Trace grips.
Love this little Sig.
I traded off my P245 and don’t miss it but this one I would certainly miss.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had slide serrations machined on the front of a 239? It's something I've always wished my .40 had. It would grind over the SAS marking but it would be more functional.

Illigitimus non tatum carborundum
"in god we trust, every one else keep your hands where i can see them"

Posts: 115 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Mine is crazy accurate.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold a P239 two years ago to a lgs after acquiring a p225-A1 and it sat in the store for two years and Over the Christmas break I couldn't stand seeing it there any longer so I bought it back. I definitely like the single stack 9s.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have 239T. Two of them. And a 225-A1.

As good as they are out of their box, I am tempted to go across the mountains and have Greyguns work the triggers over. Right now I like the 239 trigger better.
I have found several 225a magazines to supply all three guns. And I still have several 239 mags including six 10 rounders. I think the 10 round 239 mag base can be file cut some to work in the 225A. I will try that some day.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
I decided a few years back that my 239 in .40S&W was going to stay with me permanently.
So I sent it out & had it engraved , added the Plus 1 mag bases to 6 of the 8 mags I have, bought the .357sig barrel and put on the Crimson Trace grips.
Love this little Sig.
I traded off my P245 and don’t miss it but this one I would certainly miss.

What kind of holster is that?

Illigitimus non tatum carborundum
"in god we trust, every one else keep your hands where i can see them"

Posts: 115 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I love my P239 9mm. I paid $400 for it last year. It came with 3 mags and had about 1 box of ammo thru it. Very accurate pistol.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45ProCarry:
I love my P239 9mm. I paid $400 for it last year. It came with 3 mags and had about 1 box of ammo thru it. Very accurate pistol.
That was a very good deal one one of the nicest handguns out there.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased P239 40 Caliber month ago at a local gun show in Bay Area, Ca for $540.00 (box/3mags). Ive been carrying CCW, its super accurate. Do not notice weight issue but I'm use to carrying a firearm from my LEO time.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post