SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ProMag 32 Rounds 226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ProMag 32 Rounds 226 Login/Join 
posted
How are the ProMag 32 rounds for the 226 for relaibility? I was not familar that such a high capacity magazine was available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a ProMag. They do not enjoy the greatest reputation for reliability. I would not use one if I had any other option.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I have a 20-rounder for my 228. Works very well, but I only use it with fmj at the range.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:
It's a ProMag. They do not enjoy the greatest reputation for reliability. I would not use one if I had any other option.

^^^^^^^What he said!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you buy a ProMag, always expect it not to work. Then if it does, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Promags are quite reliable...............................as door stops.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Promags are quite reliable...............................as door stops.

Also useful for malfunction clearing drills. Big Grin

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That can't be much fun to load, even with a tool like an UpLula.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Friends don't let friends buy ProMags. If they were any good, NOBODY would ever buy factory HK mags.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I had a ProMag years ago that turned an otherwise reliable gun into being manually operated. Nothing has happened since then to make me change my mind. I won't necessarily tell you not to buy one, however, as you might get a good one. Check the vendor's return policy.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:

I would not buy one at all.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Junk. At one of the LGSs I used to frequent a lot before taking the job at the one I'm at, their former buyer was offered what seemed to be a killer of a deal on a bunch of ProMag products, including magazines. He bit and within weeks regretted it. He once told me that those ProMag products had to have set an all-time record in percentage of defective returns (what that percentage was he never did say). Before that episode I had tried a couple for Glocks; frankly I'm pretty sure those would've even failed in the role of doorstops.

Ended their sorry existence by using them (among other unwanted and broken items) as toss-out targets for some shotgun fun a couple of years or so back. They actually did excel at that, come to think of it...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post