SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone go on a gun buying spree lately?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone go on a gun buying spree lately? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I keep selecting multiple guns to buy but then I talk myself out of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've been actually selling more than buying over the past year. I've offloaded a couple of pistols and have a couple more than I'm going to put up for sale. I have one or two rifles that I don't use anymore and will likely put up for sale too, and maybe a shotgun. I bought a pair of suppressors a few months ago, one of them a rimfire one. I didn't actually own any .22's at the time so I did pick up a .22 pistol and will be buying a .22 rifle before long. No idea when the cans will be approved, but I'll be ready for them.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"Lately" shouldn't be the time to go on a gun buying spree, unless you're either desperate or have money to burn. Know what I mean?

Totally agree with Q. I check GB daily and it seems that P226s and P229s are at an all time low for number being advertised, but at an all time high price wise (Since the madness following Sandy Hook). CPOs for elite models are going selling for more than the NIB prices a few months back.

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

and they're sold out of everything.

That's one reason for not buying anything recently.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Lately" shouldn't be the time to go on a gun buying spree, unless you're either desperate or have money to burn. Know what I mean?

I agree on most gun purchases now what little inventory stores have is going for full rack or more.

The Sig P210 standard I bought last night NIB from a dealer, was a deal.....$1049. The CZ75 matte stainless I bought 2 or 3 weeks ago was at normal price, not a higher than normal price, but them being discontinued and drying up dictated the purchase, plus CZcustom had it in stock, so they pulled the factory gun off of their shelf, worked it over the way I wanted it (converted to SAO plus their package with sights, grips, etc.), then shipped it to me and I only had to pay shipping here.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I sold one, first time in a decade. No purchases for a while, or the foreseeable future.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:

You got that right! Gen 3 GLOCK 19's have been selling for $1000 here lately. Eek

Posts: 1956 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Buy, buy, buy.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm 50-50 in the field of surplus mouse guns, if that counts.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had started a spree when this all came up. So it is harder to find stuff at proper prices. Although the guns over $500 aren't affected as much. So I picked up a couple. Sold a few too. For example, I had a shield I thought was a good gun until I got a 365XL, then no longer liked the Shield.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cckw,

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I made a group buy offer to a fellow the other day. Haven't heard back. I hope I do, a couple of nice Kimber rifles in the mix.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Went on a "spree" at the start of 2020 before the virus stupidity started, quickly gathered a small collection of single action revolvers; a 3rd Gen Colt SAA and a Standard Mfg, both in .45Colt. Also a Cimarron Frontier in .357mag. In April, came across an HK SP5 at my LGS; pondered for 10 minutes, then bought it at retail price. I'm done for the year, I swear Smile.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new 1st gen Beretta 1301 Tactical at a fair price, but otherwise I’ve been selling off things I was never going to shoot anyway. Several PSA rifles I put together for fun years ago sold for more than I had in them. Handguns like an FNS-9 and an M&P Compact went for what I paid new.

I still have way more than I could ever need thanks to my self-imposed “do not sell” order on any Sig, HK, Glock, and LMT inventory.

Posts: 29 | Registered: September 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My buying was Jan/Feb/Mar. During that time, a Beretta 82x Centurion, a pair of HK9's, a Ruger Mark IV tactical, a Mossberg Shockwave 20 ga, a Ruger AR 15, a Sig RXPc, and a bunch of magazines. Probably a couple I forgot about, too.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.

I've got new guns Ive never shot, and guns I haven't shot in years. I need to spree-out at the range.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was quite tempted today (spotted a sweet looking deluxe wood lightly used Browning Auto 5 in 20 gauge, and a beautiful S&W Model 15 in the same shop), but remembered the bills needing to be paid. Frown

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since March 13 when things here in CT shutdown, thru today, I bought 5 Dan Wesson 1911's. A 10mm, a .45, and 4 9mm models. The gun shops were open, but not much else. The gun clubs were open. So, I ran with it. Except for the one I bought today, they are all broken in, and are really fun to shoot

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, 6.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately, as in the last 6 months? No. Lately as in the past several years, well, kinda. Cool

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
A little bit yes. I am a sucker for older Sigs with box, paperwork and test targets.
Within the last 2 months,
JD225
KD228
KA226
KO245

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post