SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone go on a gun buying spree lately?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone go on a gun buying spree lately? Login/Join 
posted
I have a good collection of firearms and all of the ones I thought I wanted and haven't bought another gun in several years.....

That WAS until December. I saw a shield advertised for $199.99 at Outdoor world and figured for the money I couldn't go wrong. Then a few weeks later came a Bodyguard .380 also on sale (which I regret, grip felt better than LCP II, but the trigger is god aweful and regret not buying an LCP II).

Anyways, then 2 weeks ago I found out CZ discontinued the stainless CZ75 B's. I always loved the look of the matte stainless and have only seen one in person in my life. I have an SA and didn't want the DA/SA, so after some research found CZ custom had a stock one in stock, so I had them convert it to SAO and do it up the way I want it. That arrived Tuesday.

On my short list are 2 guns, Sig P210 standard and Colt Python stainless 6" (which I'm not buying till they sort out the QC issues). Rumor was Sig was discontinueing the standard and the target grips don't fit me so not worth the extra $300 to me......I just looked and they still list the standard on their website.

ANYWAYS, Tonight I go on funbroker out of boredom and there one is, a standard, from a top 25 seller, NEW in the box for $1049 buy it now.........+3% credit card, but cheap $25 shipping.........well guess what, here comes another one to my FFL. How could I go wrong for $200 less than what everyone else is selling them for........ Eek

Meanwhile last Tuesday, I went into GunWorld of South Florida which is a very large gun store and range and they're sold out of everything. Only about 3 pistols in each of their 6 display cases.....from the rioting going on....... If I didn't know, I would've thought they were going out of business.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of HKs find their way to me before the current unpleasantness.

There have been a couple higher end airguns that have showed up on my doorstep this year as well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
No. But I’ve been on ammo kick for some time now....

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope. Gun money has been going towards buying a new house, and will continue going towards outfitting the new house for the near future.

But I'm pretty well set. The last thing on my list currently is some flavor of non-AR modern .308 semiauto. But that can wait. (Maybe the Bren 2 .308 will be available when I'm ready to start buying again... If not, then I'll probably end up with a SCAR.)

And I did buy a M1903 a couple weeks ago. I wanted to get that one last C&R rifle to round out my USGI collection before I surrender my C&R FFL.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
Good deal on the P210. I managed to go three weeks until yesterday without buying a firearm. Bought a LNIB CZ 75 Stainless. Was not going to pass it up. It was at my local pawnshop. I had traded the one I previously owned to a good friend. I have a PCR on order at my LGS.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I’m looking at getting another 1911. Maybe a Springfield Ronan or a Colt Competition 38 Super.
I just need an excuse Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Confession. Mom left me a little money after everything was settled and split with my sister.
June was a crazy month.
Got a ruger LPP 22, a Colt 1917 New Service in 45colt and a Smith 49 snubby, pinned, made in 79.
Think I'm done, but you never know!

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to call it a spree, I just seem to keep finding odd / rare ones that I have always wanted. It started with a Ruger 44 carbine in February, then a Colt Competition 45, A wayward Marlin model 99, was given a MkIV 22/45 Lite, then happened across a Ruger #1 45-70.

I'm honestly trying to stop, but I guess working Saturdays at my friend's gun shop is not helping me...

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Quite the opposite actually. I took stock of the collection and noted which guns had been shot in the last couple years and which hadn’t. In turn I sold off about 25% of my guns at or above what I bought them for.

Made no sense to have guns that were not being shot and were replicated two or three times over by others in the collection. Allowed me to finish off a few rifles with the last bits and pieces that inevitably linger in the back of the safe.

I feel better knowing all my guns are now finished as I’d intended them to be.

Still a few things I want (2020 Optics Ready VP9 with an adjustable Type 2 RMR being the biggest prize) but overall I’m happy with my scaled down collection.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
I’m looking at getting another 1911. Maybe a Springfield Ronan or a Colt Competition 38 Super.

I have a Colt Competition 9mm stainless, serial number in 320's. Bought it sight unseen when the stainless first came out. Finish is perfect on it. It is by far the best fitted production 1911 I have seen. Shoots great too. Slide to frame fit and barrel bushing fit are bank vault tight. As tight as my Ed Brown or WC. Grip safety has a little side to side play and trigger has a little up and down play and that's it. Trigger is very good on it, very little take up and breaks very very short/crisp but a tad heavy at around 5lbs. Has all of the bells and whistles I'd ever want and functions 100%.

I wouldn't hesitate, I'd jump on the Colt Competition in .38 super and have a 9mm barrel fitted for it as well.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't exactly call it a gun-buying 'spree', but I've been scarfing up receivers and frames for a while. Most recently I picked up several serialized 320 9/40/357 trigger housings to go with all of the other rifle receivers and stripped Glock frames that are piling up.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Lately" shouldn't be the time to go on a gun buying spree, unless you're either desperate or have money to burn. Know what I mean?

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:

I have a Colt Competition 9mm stainless, serial number in 320's. Bought it sight unseen when the stainless first came out. Finish is perfect on it. It is by far the best fitted production 1911 I have seen. Shoots great too. Slide to frame fit and barrel bushing fit are bank vault tight. As tight as my Ed Brown or WC. Grip safety has a little side to side play and trigger has a little up and down play and that's it. Trigger is very good on it, very little take up and breaks very very short/crisp but a tad heavy at around 5lbs. Has all of the bells and whistles I'd ever want and functions 100%.

I wouldn't hesitate, I'd jump on the Colt Competition in .38 super and have a 9mm barrel fitted for it as well.

Ok cool thx for the heads up on this 1911. Colt is one of the few manufacturers out there that makes a 38 Super. And their stainless Competition for around $1100.00 makes good sense.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last two months I sold four guns that I had lost interest in. Had no trouble getting my full asking price .
But last week I did buy a new 320 X5 Legion .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Certainly not a "spree" but have bought a Glock 42 and an AR15 within the past two weeks.

Bulk ammo in 380, 9mm and 5.56 has been my real "spree"

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Quite the opposite actually. I took stock of the collection and noted which guns had been shot in the last couple years and which hadn’t. In turn I sold off about 25% of my guns at or above what I bought them for.

Made no sense to have guns that were not being shot and were replicated two or three times over by others in the collection. Allowed me to finish off a few rifles with the last bits and pieces that inevitably linger in the back of the safe.

I feel better knowing all my guns are now finished as I’d intended them to be.

Still a few things I want (2020 Optics Ready VP9 with an adjustable Type 2 RMR being the biggest prize) but overall I’m happy with my scaled down collection.

Same here. I have been thinning and improving the herd.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Since last Fall, I found 3 Benelli shotguns in my safe. The M2 Tactical, an M2 with 28" barrel and the new 828U O/U shotgun. A Ruger Takedown Carbine, (2) P 365's a P 365 XL, and 2 P 320 C's. The last with the Romeo 1 Optic.

And ... If Ruger makes that Takedown in 5.7X25, I'll probably add that and the 5.7 Ruger pistol to the overfilled safe.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Not much in my neck of the woods out there for sale. One shop had less than 12 guns. Cabelas this week had 8 empty cases and no wood racks out in the middle with used guns. Academy had about 15 long guns and the pistol section was mostly single action 22's.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
No, although I did just order a couple Perst-3 IR lasers, hopefully someone will have some sort of sale on a PVS14 for the 4th.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Yes. Multiple guns, ammo and mags.

365, Langdon centurion, 2nd Langdon LTT full-size, 226, colt 6720...

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post