SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone Carry a 229 in .357 SIG?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone Carry a 229 in .357 SIG? Login/Join 
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I had intended to give it a try, but have been unable to find the P229 I'd like for the price I'm willing to pay, so I've put it on the back burner.

Guns Midwest has some good deals...

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/ca...c&order=price&q=p229

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My 229 .357 Sig was my car/truck gun until I sold my 229's earlier this year and got a 320 45 & a VP9.

I loved the 229 & .357 Sig but wanted to consolidate calibers and got out of .357 Sig.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my two main EDCs is a 229 in .357. Started life as a .40, just got a barrel to swap out. My other is a Glock 32. The 229 sports a Crimson Trace laser grip, and both have Trijicon HDsights

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I used to but ended up just carrying Glocks. It's cheaper for me to replace the 32 if it gets taken as evidence. Also my duty weapon is a Glock 31 so it sort of makes sense (to lawyers I guess) if my off duty resembles my on duty. My P229 is just a plinker now.

Pretty much same here, ( though I'm a simple, smuckle-nut Razz ) but a Gen 4 G31 is carried OWB for work and its Gen 4 G32 little brother for CC.

My 229 in .357 SIG hasn't been carried for quite some time.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys....I appreciate the information....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using a P229 in .357 sig as my primary daily carry gun since 2004. I have a P239 and SP2022, both in 9mm, that get carried from time to time, but the P229 is my favorite and most trusted auto pistol. I have a tritium front sight combined with a vertical bar rear sight, checkered G10 grips and a short trigger. I carry it in a Kramer IWB#3 at 4 O'clock, with a single mag pouch holding a 14 round Mecgar mag on the offside. Have a .40 barrel for practicing with cheaper ammo.
I keep thinking I need to modernize with something polymer-framed and striker-fired, but my I keep coming back to the P229.

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scoutrifleman:
Have a .40 barrel for practicing with cheaper ammo.

That's the problem with 357 Sig: Ammo cost. If I ever get a .357 Sig carry piece I'll certainly eventually be reloading the round.

No offence intended, but I don't know as 40 S&W is all that great a solution. That stuff's pretty spendy, too. (Like the round, though.)

Same issue I faced when I decided on a SA revolver in 45 Colt. Same (eventual) solution. (In fact I already have Starline brass and a box o' boolits for the 45 Colt.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, my main go to ccw. And, quite possibly, the best all-time gun for the 357sig round.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zebulon:... I think I'd rather carry the same pistol in .357 SIG. Does anyone else share my enthusiasm?

Yes

quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:... And, quite possibly, the best all-time gun for the 357sig round.

Agree

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
.357Sig is a sweet round. My first handgun chambered in it was a 229 from CDNN about 19 years ago.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post