SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new P225
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new P225 Login/Join 
posted
By "new", I mean NIB!
Smile

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
With K-Kote, too. Nice. Very nice. The only thing you need now is a NIB Nickel one to go with it.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Beauty. Enjoy that P225. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
With K-Kote, too. Nice. Very nice. The only thing you need now is a NIB Nickel one to go with it.

yea that's what I was gonna say been awhile since I seen K-Kote on a box.

Very nice, I love the original P225, so much that I have a P225 and P6(german police P225)

SIG store still has P225 parts kits I recommend getting 1 or 2 and then don't be afraid to use it

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...ts-kit-p225-9mm.html

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nice score. The only improvement I recommend is to have either Gerry Ritacco or Robert Burke perform a QTR and High Torque trigger modification. The upgrade is Amazing.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Man, that is nice!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is quite the find. Very nice pistol. Where did you find it?

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. Nice score.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I have not see a K-Kote in a long time.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The P225 at the top of each page and on our home page is a K-Kote P225 in the M640000 range, just above your M639000. I bought it from Doc Avery in 1999. Proofed 1997 w/Sig's night sights.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
VERY Nice!! Cool

I've got one of those 'KH' P225's w/ K-Kote in the 640XXX range I'm quite fond of, as well... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
VERY nice

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, with the K-Koted slide, the entire pistol is jet black. These are very handsome SIGs.

It's funny- the very first time I saw a P225 was in the pages of the old Handgun Tests magazine. There was a brief article about a guy who had stopped a bank robbery with a Chief's Special, a Model 60 IIRC. Phil Engledrum, the editor of Handgun Tests gave the man a SIG-Sauer P225. Phil felt that anyone so brave should have a bit mre firepower. There was a picture of the man holding his new pistol. I thought tit was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. I couldn't understand why the trigger guard was so HUUUUUGE.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I thought tit was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. I couldn't understand why the trigger guard was so HUUUUUGE.

Huge and retangularish, and to me, it's what makes the gun look just about perfect.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
The trigger guard was what first attracted me to the P225 and SIGs in general. I sent away for gun catalogs as a kid in the 80’s. The P225 looked so entirely different from every handgun I’d ever seen (mostly old colts and smith revolvers and .22 autos of my Dad’s).

I was fascinated and aroused. Took me about 30 years to get one.

Stupid question: what’s K-Kote

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/url]

Picked up this nice P6 several years ago.

When Michigan State Police went to auto loaders in 1989, the Detectives were issued P225s. The department transitioned them over to P228s however, as soon as the P228s became available.

When I purchased this P6, I contacted Michigan Police Supply and found three brand new 225 magazines that they had laying around for decades (probably from the MSP 225 experience).

If I found a real nice 225 such as the OP has, I would buy it in a minute.

Trooper Joe[/QUOTE]

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
what’s K-Kote

http://www.kecocoatings.com/coating/k-kote/

Just something a little better than the regular blueing at the time. But, the jet black look is very nice, as para noted.

Q

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ever notice how some (or maybe all) of the early P225s have a trigger with a slightly different contour at the rear? There's less if a curve near the top of the trigger, at the back of it, resulting in a slightly thicker-looking trigger.