SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new P225
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new P225 Login/Join 
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!!

Posts: 1957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I guess I better find my own 225. Already got 2 mags and a wrap around grip. 225, 225a and 239 fit my hand the best.

Adding that my 239T with 10 shot magazines with the rounded base fit the best. The squarish base works ok, but not as good as the rounded base

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The P225 at the top of each page and on our home page is a K-Kote P225 in the M640000 range, just above your M639000. I bought it from Doc Avery in 1999. Proofed 1997 w/Sig's night sights.

I live in Dallas and bought my P232SL from "Doc Walther" up in McKinney. He was a really good guy and very fair with prices. Nice to see you have a Texas connection in your firearm family.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Wow! Where's that been hiding away? Nice score.

You gonna shoot it? Wink

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
what’s K-Kote

http://www.kecocoatings.com/coating/k-kote/

Just something a little better than the regular blueing at the time. But, the jet black look is very nice, as para noted.
thank you sir

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
Found it in an estate, over 500 guns.
I knew the guy and with all of the really nice guns he had, he only ever would shoot his Hi Point Carbine.
A friend picked up a NIB Dark Elite P229 in .40S&W too.
Would like to one day find a nickel one but until then, I do have an older West German 225 (my shooter) to keep it company for now. Smile
And I did order two of the replacement parts kits from Sig Shop yesterday, Thanks for the heads up on that one.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I gave one to my son a few years back. I don't know if he shoots it much or not. They are a sweet pistol for sure.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! Congrats!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several new Sig factory 225 (not 225A1) mags I would be willing to part with if you are interested?

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No sales in the forum outside of Classifieds, please. You can find the OP's email address in his profile.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
No sales in the forum outside of Classifieds, please. You can find the OP's email address in his profile.

What is forum protocol when you want to contact another member, such as sureshot2, but he has no contact info in his profile? Should I start a new thread paging him, as I've seen members do before in the Lounge?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's perfectly OK to start a new thread, asking him to email you, or you can try to get his attention in some thread he's active in.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot2:
I have several new Sig factory 225 (not 225A1) mags I would be willing to part with if you are interested?

sureshot2, please email me at the address in my profile.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful P225! I've never seen a K-Kote in the flesh but they are pretty. Right now I have three P225s: One NIB(1984), one NIB(2004) and one made in 1995 that is my "shooter", even though the round count is very low. I've been infactuated with the P225 ever since I first saw ads for it about 1980. Its square profile with the broad trigger is just too cool. By the way, Para, I have that Handgun Tests issue with Phil Engeldrum presenting the P225 to I believe his brother for saving the day in the bank robbery incident. I've always loved reading Handgun Tests and Pistolero by Phil Engeldrum and his crew. He sure had a neat way of expressing himself! I still have a "pile" of those magazines and still read them. Phil, IIRC, wrote the first US report on the SIG/SAUER P230 when it was imported by Hawes.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Very nice buy congrats.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
My KH K-Kote 225 is in the M639 range. I think it is the best of all of my Sigs. It fits my hand like a glove. Yours is less than a hundred before mine.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please see post for new P225 magazines in Classifieds, sorry for the confusion

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
I thought tit was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. I couldn't understand why the trigger guard was so HUUUUUGE.

Huge and retangularish, and to me, it's what makes the gun look just about perfect.

That is what I liked about them as well and the black finish well maybe I need to send some sigs somewhere to get a facelift couple of them showing their age.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score! My favorite Sig.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post