SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith and Wesson 28-2

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Smith and Wesson 28-2 Login/Join 
posted
Looking to do some horse trading could someone give me a ball part value of a Model 28-2 at about 75 to 80 % finish with factory target grips? Thank You . VI

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sir I had forgotten about Gunbroker. I am going to throw 2 of these at a Sig Navy and see if we can meet in the middle. VI

posted Hide Post
good luck, I wish I still had a model 28 4"

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Report This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Otherwise known as the Highway Patrolman. Wonderful revolver.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
They are a great revolver. Had a police trade in that I foolishly sold to another officer. He won't part with it because I still ask whenever I see him. Finally grabbed a NIB one a few years back but it is too nice to shoot.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I carried one for work years ago. They'll take full load .357 loads without a flinch. Their added weight really helped absorb the recoil. Wish I still had it. I would bet a 75-80% pistol would still bring $550-600.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a 600 to 650 gun any day of the week , you never see them for sale at the gun shops any more .

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
Thats a 600 to 650 gun any day of the week , you never see them for sale at the gun shops any more .

I think you're pretty close, maybe $700.

The Highway Patrolman was the lower cost option to the Model 27. The Model 28 came with Magna stocks so if it has Target stocks a previous own put them on the gun.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheapest I saw them for at the Harrisburg Gun Show last month was $750 for a nice one with the box. This guy is usually a little more expensive than others, but his Smiths are usually in better shape than some of the beat to sh*t ones others have. Especially the Model 64s. Why are they always just short of destroyed?

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It kind of depends upon where you are located and the availability in your area. I purchased a mint one in June for $608.00 plus 10% sales tax. I think it was a very good deal especially since it has the more desirable 4" barrel along with box and tools.

I tend to think the Highway Patrolman and its predecessor the Model 27 are going to continue to go up in value.

I would say one in the condition you mentioned will be at worth at least 5 to 6 hundred. The 4" barrel maybe worth another fifty. With tools and box another hundred.

Posts: 282 | Location: Lake Martin, Alabama | Registered: April 04, 2010Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I paid $600 for this one last month. About 95%. I added the grips from Altamont. It came with tired rubber ones. Target hammer and trigger, made about 1971 or so.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A local shop has an 80% Model 28 with aftermarket grips for $650.00. He's had it a good while and in my area it seems to be a bit over priced in that condition.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Report This Post