SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help on CZ Shadow 2 Decision
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on CZ Shadow 2 Decision Login/Join 
posted
Want to purchase an NIB CZ Shadow 2 and need help deciding between two catalog model numbers. I know the all nitride Model 91256 is no longer available, however there are still some discontinued Poly Model 91254s (Black frame/slide, with BLACK Alum grips)available for around $1,100.

The 2018 replacement Model 91257 (Black frame/slide, with BLUE Alum grips)runs about the same price and would need to be ordered through a dealer. Grip color is no issue for me as I just want one sooner rather than later.

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
I bought the black with black grips a little over a month ago. I am not a fan of the stock grips, so that wasn't a factor for me. You'll probably want to change to either VZ or Lok grips anyway....And you'll need your cajun parts......

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Don't let grips hold you back. They're easy to change. But, for about $300 more I got one that had gone through the CZ Custom Shop. It has a 3.4# SA, and a 8.5# DA trigger!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The accurized S2s are running close to $1900. I've found stock S2s as low as $1000. So I'm not sure about $300 more ....respectively

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
The accurized has the barrel bushing fitted. Mine just has the trigger work. Retail is $1588, I found it for $1488.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are some of the better CZ dealers out there, for both stock, and CZ Customs? The only one I’ve found so far is Oak Hill Guns.com

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize there were different finishes for the shadow 2. Can anyone post comparison pics and/or explain the differences.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
One is their polycoat that you see on any CZ75 and the other is a nitrated finish.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oak Hill Guns has some of the blue grip Shadow 2's in stock right now.

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have a Black one and the Urban Grey one. Both have black aluminum grips. I love the stock aluminum grips. I do shoot the black one more. I don't understand why some people don't like the grips. When I'm shooting one of these, most times it is so comfortable in my hand that I feel like I can make a round go where ever I want it. Aluminum grips can always be cerakoted to whatever color you might like.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I have a Black one and the Urban Grey one. Both have black aluminum grips. I love the stock aluminum grips. I do shoot the black one more. I don't understand why some people don't like the grips. When I'm shooting one of these, most times it is so comfortable in my hand that I feel like I can make a round go where ever I want it. Aluminum grips can always be cerakoted to whatever color you might like.

Your description is exactly how I envisioned these beautiful pistols: I'm waiting for CZ Custom Shop to release the Shadow 2 Custom ACCU 2. Altogether th double the price, it is said to be capable of 2.5 inches at 50 yards.

May also just purchase the basic Shadow 2 and add a Tactical Sport Orange when available in 9mm.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't understand why some people don't like the grips.

Always comes down to personal preference. I use 'em but if they were to come a bit thicker I would not complain one bit.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post